Picture slideshow as menu entry
Hello!

How can I add an entry in the picture menue that starts a random slideshow with pictures from a special NAS directory including subfolders? As of now, I normally open that directory and then use the left menue to start a recursive random slideshow - I would like to have this on a single click...

Thanks in advance,

Mat
It's a bit tricky, but it can be done.

1 - You need a picture folder as source. Go to Pictures -> Add Pictures -> Browse to your network folder, name it and click ok.
2 - Go in Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home -> Customize menu and widgets -> Add -> Choose shortcut -> Pictures -> Select your folder -> Create shortcut to here -> Slideshow.
3 - Exit and return to home. The menu rebuilds. You have a new item which will display a slideshow, but it's not random.
4 - This is the tricky part. Since the skin shortcuts addon still does not support it, you have to manually edit the addon configuration file to generate a random slideshow. Exit Kodi. Locate your "userdata" folder: http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata and enter the "addon_data/script.skinshortcuts" folder. Edit themainmenu.DATA.xml file with a text editor. Search for "<action>SlideShow(". You will see your network folder path next. You have to edit the line this way and save:

Code:
<action>SlideShow(yourNetworkFolderPath,recursive,random)</action>

It should work.

Tgx
Thank you ever so much! In the meantime I found an even easier way: I manually edited the menu entry into

RecursiveSlideShow(NetworkFolderPath)

That's it, it even includes subdirs...

Cheers,

Mat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture slideshow as menu entry0