Win Will it be possible to play xboxone/360 games using kodi as a frontend?
Lightbulb 
AngelThis is a NON-EMULATION METHODAngel

(Im pretty sure there is a way to do this with advanced launcher or some equivilant) also it's just a theory.

With e3 just passing us, microsoft announced that the xbox one will be able to stream games to a windows 10 pc. If the stream can start on the pc, (like from the Xbox app) and start streaming the games from the console to the pc, we might be able to use kodi as an output. I think the work flow would work like this:

Setup: set Xbox one to stream games> done.
Launching games: go to Xbox app and launch the games by picking on them? (From what I've seen so far it's pretty vague weather how exactly you stream the games. Or if you have to use the xbox one controller or if there is the option of using a keyboard and mouse or another gamepad.) (Also if you have the option of creating shortcuts or executables leading to opening the xbox games via this streaming thing.
Launching games from kodi: I don'the know how it will work, but windows 10 is coming out July 29th or 30th. And these new streaming features are coming out on the xbox one maybe by November. (I don't actually know)

The point is, I think it would be so bad ass to launch halo 5 from kodi. It would make the xbox one skin more useful.Cool
Microsoft have not announced or released an open API (Application Programming Interface) to launch/stream games from Xbox One to Windows 10.

You either have to wait until Microsoft release an API for doing so or reverse engineer the method of doing so yourself or wait for others to do so and open source the code for it.

Like how the Moonlight (formerly known as Limelight) project reverse engineered NVIDIA's GameStream protocol http://moonlight-stream.com
(2015-06-22, 16:27)RockerC Wrote: Microsoft have not announced or released an open API (Application Programming Interface) to launch/stream games from Xbox One to Windows 10.

You either have to wait until Microsoft release an API for doing so or reverse engineer the method of doing so yourself or wait for others to do so and open source the code for it.

Like how the Moonlight (formerly known as Limelight) project reverse engineered NVIDIA's GameStream protocol http://moonlight-stream.com

I was thinking more like how advanced launcher works, and maybe integrating microsoft's xbox one integration into windows 10. If i'm able to launch the game from windows 10, then I should be good to go. Iff that is not the case, then I guess i will have to do some reverse engineering.
i got emulator launcher. it can launch the windows xbox one, android and ps4 remote play app.
it would be cool if the remote connection would be establised as soon the xbox one app opens up...

the problem is when the xbox one app starts it dont starts remote play automaticly...
also it only supports a mouse for selecting the remote menu (no arrow keys or controller buttons)
this forces me to use the mouse at least one time to start the remote session in side the xbox app on windows...
but i would like to have no mouse connectet to my htpc...

the ps4 remote its working a little better...after the ps4 remote exe is launched it just wants you to press the ps4 button and the ps4 is starting in remote play.
but on the xbox app u first have to select the remote menu, select start remote inside of the xbox windows app ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will it be possible to play xboxone/360 games using kodi as a frontend?0