set internal subtitle as default
My movies are mp4 and many of them have 3 English subtitles. In Kodi, they're listed as:
  1. This is the external subtitle (in text)
  2. This is an internal graphic subtitle (marked as default in the file)
  3. This is an internal subtitle that just shows what chapter is playing

I want to keep the external subtitle because for some of my streaming situations it allows the file to be played with no transcoding; graphic subtitles seem to cause transcoding.

My family likes the internal graphic subtitles because they're bigger and easier to see.

Kodi plays the external subtitle as default. If I go into the audio menu while a movie is playing and set the internal graphic subtitle to play, and select "Set as default for all videos", when I open another movie it still uses the external subtitle.

Is there another way to set the internal graphic as the default? Or, to have Kodi use the subtitle that is configured in the mp4 as "default"? It seems like as long as an external subtitle is there in the right language, it will always be default. I saw someone said (not sure if it was on this board or somewhere else) "an internal subtitle may come with the file, but if an external subtitle is there, I must have put it there for a reason so it should be used". But that's not always the case.

I'm using Kodi 15.0 Isengard – Beta 1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
set internal subtitle as default0