Video streaming and buffer size
SleepyP,

The files play fine from the XBox hard-disk. The very same files also played fine on the old LAN (which is why I think it's a network/buffer thing).

I'll check the wiki on how to enable debug logs for mplayer video playback. Not gonna be for a while now (couple of days) but if it's cool, I'll post more info back to this thread when I've got some logs.

Cheers again - much appreciated.

Dan.
Hmmm. So - not yet sorted the debug logs. Instead, for the moment, I've reverted back to having 2 LANs.

Did another couple of tests ysterday and it seems that even when running on a gigabit LAN (I know XB only has a 100mbps NIC, but even so) the FTP transfer speed is same as that for dLAN.

So the problem must be with actually playing video files across the network. An earlier post tells me that playing video files uses a lot more bandwidth than simply tranferring files. So I guess problem is still with the dLAN stuff.

Will totally get some debug logs on the go when I'm back at home and will ask here, if cool, whether any settings can be tweaked within XBMC to make this problem less severe.
that sucks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video streaming and buffer size0