WIP YouTube Browser
Yeah, I wouldn't want it to be default either, would be a nice option though.
This looks great. Much better than standard youtube addon.

If you could add an option to select video quality be great.

Thanks
Hey Phil, any luck getting the account feature to work? i know its not s priority but i figured i would ask Smile
This is absolutely AMAZING! This is what I wish the original youtube addon could do. Don't get me wrong, I still love the original one (would love it more if it was updated to something similar to this) and will continue to use until this one is polished. So far, I'm absolutely blown away this! I've been trying to get my roommate on the Kodi bandwagon and he loved EVERYTHING except the way youtube is handled. Installed this last night and he was blown away. Currently reinstalling Kodi and this addon on his PC Smile Can't wait to see more of this!
Also,the T9 and original keyboard options are AWESOME!
@phill65

Any progress at develpoment? I am so exited about this project Smile
this looks amazing thanks phil65
could someone please help, I'd like to try this script, but I dont know what I need to download.
I've downloaded the two files from the OP but it says master file and kodi wont open it.
I made the mistake that one of the folks above did at first and installed both files (via ssh) but lucky for me I am a backup freak. Seems I only needed the first zip file script.youtube.browser and not the script.extendedinfo one. Guess I already had the newest.
Now I must say how AWESOME the look and feel of this addon is. I am impressed the T9 smart search function is a very nice touch, instead of typing out long video names. Can't wait until the account part is functional. Thank you for you efforts on this cool addon Big Grin
Hi Phil, I was using this addon in Isengard since bromix stopped working on his. I upgraded to Jarvis and now the addon launches a blank screen instead of the usual thumbnail view. There were no error messages in the log. How can I help to troubleshoot?
Hi what is best way to install this on Kodi 15.2 on Windows 10 ?
I have downloaded files ...

script.youtube.browser-master.zip

... but get error when install from zip. msg = scrip.youtube.browser failed to install dependency

script.extendedinfo-master.zip

... also get error when istall from zip. msg = Extended info script. dependencies not met

thanks for any help
Install extendedinfo from repository. After that you should be able to install the zip for youtube browser.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-02-29, 04:52)phil65 Wrote: Install extendedinfo from repository. After that you should be able to install the zip for youtube browser.

Thanks, I downloaded the extendedinfo zip file from here....

https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo

then install from zip using my downloaded 'script.extendedinfo-master.zip' file

But I still get error message... 'Dependencies not met, please contact the add-on author'

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
(2016-02-29, 14:22)parker.hugh Wrote: Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Yes, you dont read what I write.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-02-29, 16:35)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 14:22)parker.hugh Wrote: Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Yes, you dont read what I write.
Sorry, I'm not very experienced with terminology but trying to learn. I wan't sure what you meant to be honest. But I checked out your first post on this thread and found ...
(2015-06-22, 20:30)phil65 Wrote: You need:
- ExtendedInfo script installed from official repo
- This here installed: https://github.com/phil65/script.youtube.browser
Feedback welcome. Smile
so I clicked the link to github and downloaded 'script.youtube.browser-master.zip' and installed from zip and it seemed to install ok as there was a notification saying YouTube browser add-on enabled.

The last time I tried to install from zip I was using Kodi 15.2 on Windows 10 and I got a message saying... 'failed to install a dependency' but I have now done it on Kodi 16 on Linux Mint and it looks ok to me.

Then I looked in Install from repository > Kodi Add-on repository > Program add-ons > ExtendedInfo Script.

... and I noticed it's now showing ExtendedInfo Script = enabled.

So it looks like everything is installed, I found the YouTube Browser in Progams and it's working. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Browser3