Looking for a few pointers for Video -> 3D
This is my first post. Before I get too deep into reading the code I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, I simply want to use the video texture and render it onto some arbitrary meshes. Which object's render method should I be looking at to override to get this mesh on screen when a video is playing? Also, what format will the texture be in, will it be already as a direct x texture? If so where I can I look to see how this texture was created.. for that matter, regardless of what it is creating where is the call the creates it?

Thanks - im hoping this can help speed up the process for me, im working on a proof of concept and want to spend as little time on this as possible.
Thanks.
See XBoxRenderer.cpp and it's subclasses.

The "texture" is usually multiple textures that are combined in a pixelshader to get the final image.

You probably just need to change the location of the vertices (and quantity thereof if you want more than a plane). I'd work with the RenderLowMem() routine which is the one used while in the GUI.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a few pointers for Video -> 3D0