Fanart display over FTP
Hi,

I've been trying to display fanart from a ftp source. From what I've read it's a feature that's been remove and needed to be add in the advancedsettins.xml file which I did I've created a file call "advancedsettings.xml" in the /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata folder. This is what I added
<advancedsettings>
<ftp>
<remotefanart>true</remotefanart>
<remotethumbs>true</remotethumbs>
</ftp>
</advancedsettings>

Is this related to a osmc issue or did I miss somethingHuh

I would really like to be able to display fanart since I use kodi on the road a lot with my "ftp" server and I would llike it be to as good looking as if I where at home.... Which by the way I use the "SMB source"

Thank you
zoula
Searching the code there is no "remotefanart entry so that won't have any effect.
ftp/remotethumbs does exist (here).

I don't see it in wiki, so I'm not sure how supported it is.

Moving to general forum as this is not a Pi specific question.
Thank you,

That's what I tough too... it was a solution that was reported to work for some people.... but like you said I never saw that string....

I can't see why fanart won't show when a ftp source is selectedHuh

Thank's again
How do you use KODI on the road with ftp Huh?
I thought you can only download with ftp and not stream Huh

Cheers Skipman
Skipman,

It's indeed possible, Just go in the "add source" and select "add a new network source" then select FTP and complete the fields with your username and password etc.... After this it should appear as an available source for you to chose.

I have a dual USB3 disk plug in my router in which I setup the ftp server. Very easy to setup. this way I can have access to all my media everywhere I go. My own personal cloud!!!! Bye Bye Dropbox!!!!!

Kodi seems to be the only software to be able to read from a FTP in real time. I had tried almost every software there is, and Kodi do it perfectly, despite the fact that it can't display the fanart....

Zoula
Didn't know that .....
I run Kodi with a Server as a mySQL database in our unit, so everything is stored there.
For on the road I use PLEX runing on the Server.
Also with a Server set up with samba I can connect using VPN and access the files as if I'm at home..
Found using a Server / NAS Combo the easiest way to enjoy KODI :-)

The Skipman

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart display over FTP0