• 3(current)
Release ESPN 3
@mrdally204,

can you post the XML content that you get when going to this page?
http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/...d=domestic

starting to think there's some other authenticating going on that i'm missing.

or, with the Live Pan Am games, look for this line:
Code:
ESPN3:  get_html: http://broadband.espn.go.com/...
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
thanks, @MetalChris

hard for me to trouble shoot something that is working for me.

maybe that pkan number is random, but still tied to the IP in some way to authenticate.

I know i've seen in some cookies, that states the level of access you can get.
so, those are great questions @MetalChris poses:
Quote:Do you have TWC cable and internet, or internet only? Are you able to watch any of the other streams, and can you watch anything on the WatchESPN website?
Agreed. Figuring this out will be the ticket to get other WatchESPN channels working too.

WSJ article from 3 days ago Tongue http://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2015/07/10/cmo-...d-cutting/

The cable + internet part is probably a key thing here now that MetalChris has comprehensively demonstrated that it is not a system issue at all (Thanks for saving a lot of work for me MC, much appreciated).

I am also of the diff cable , diff internet category here to add to the sample case for non working HLS streams.
(2015-07-13, 23:49)locomot1f Wrote: @mrdally204,

can you post the XML content that you get when going to this page?
http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/...d=domestic

starting to think there's some other authenticating going on that i'm missing.

or, with the Live Pan Am games, look for this line:
Code:
ESPN3:  get_html: http://broadband.espn.go.com/...

xml link was sent to you via PM.

I'm not sure what you mean by looking for a line. Where at? within Kodi? on the web site?
One thing that stood out to me was this line
<blackout-keyword>ESPN_BLACKOUT</blackout-keyword>

I'm wondering if they are showing it on regular ESPN and they blackout the ESPN3 feed because of it?
thanks, @mrdally204

the line of code i mentioned is in the kodi.log file

from this XML, i'm noticing that the
Code:
<partner-content-id>null</partner-content-id>
is NULL.
I was getting this to happen when I wasn't getting authenticated... when I didn't get the pkan token.

I do think that the
Code:
<errorCode>INVALID_IP</errorCode>
says a lot. not fully sure what it means. but it obviously isn't helping.

I get the blackout message too, so we can rule that out.
I have time warner internet without a TV subscription. It may play into the issues. Maybe certain isps have limited availability based on subscription. Kodi log coming up

Log sent via PM
There is no difference in subscription packages. Once you have an ESPN package, you are allowed to watch ESPN3 using your internet service provider, it isn't sold separately. Keep in mind that the authentication + authorization works using a PC/browser or Android apps in the same household and yes that includes situations where TWC is just the ISP and the cable provider is someone different. The only time restrictions come into play is when the Blackout flag is set to true (and even that can perhaps be bypassed based on editing userdata in case of our addon).

Perhaps there are parts from the NBC app that are needed for full authentication and authorization since ESPN3 is also using adobe authentication. Not sure what causes Invalid IP for the HLS streams for some of us.

There is a very good extension called DHC in Chrome that can analyze headers, packets etc that can also give us some clues.
Thanks for the information siuside. From what I can tell I do not have access to any streams on the espn 3 website without logging in. I'm not sure where the "free" espn3 section is but I don't see it. Without editing my userdata xml I was unable to view anything even through the addon. Based on that, I made the assumption that ESPN may have different agreements with each ISP and my limit access to any stream according to their contract. I may be way off on that
I am getting a script error when attempting to show any replay list from ant time period. The pertinent part of the log file is below, Any help is appreciated.

08:02:08 T:6136 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
08:02:08 T:5348 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at C:\Users\Will\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.espn_3\resources\language\English, fallback to strings.xml
08:02:08 T:5348 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1332, column 25
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Will\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.espn_3\addon.py", line 446, in <module>
LISTSPORTS(url,name)
File "C:\Users\Will\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.espn_3\addon.py", line 82, in LISTSPORTS
for event in ET.XML(data).findall('event'):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1300, in XML
parser.feed(text)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1642, in feed
self._raiseerror(v)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
raise err
ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1332, column 25
-->End of Python script error report<--
08:02:08 T:6136 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
08:02:08 T:5348 INFO: Python script stopped
08:02:08 T:5348 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 5348 terminating
08:02:08 T:5244 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
08:02:08 T:6136 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/?mode=2&name=Replay%2010%20Days&url=http%3a%2f%2fsports-ak.espn.go.com%2fwatchespn%2ffeeds%2fstartup%3faction%3dreplay%26channel%3despn3%26endDate%3d20150718%26startDate%3d20150707
08:02:08 T:6136 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/?mode=2&name=Replay%2010%20Days&url=http%3a%2f%2fsports-ak.espn.go.com%2fwatchespn%2ffeeds%2fstartup%3faction%3dreplay%26channel%3despn3%26endDate%3d20150718%26startDate%3d20150707) failed
Surfisher,

I ran into the same issue.

The basic problem is that you're trying to get a date range that starts in the future. If you look at your log, you're trying to retrieve this:
plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/?mode=2&name=Replay%2010%20Days&url=http%3a%2f%2fsports-ak.espn.go.com%2fwatchespn%2ffeeds%2fstartup%3faction%3dreplay%26channel%3despn3​​%26endDate%3d20150718%26startDate%3d20150707

The "endDate" parameter is being passed "20150718," which my addon was attempting to use yesterday as well (and failing). After some analysis, I realized that the date range problem was causing bad XML to be returned from espn. So the key, for me, at least, was to fix the endDate in addon.py.

Line 46 of addon.py for this addon is:
enddate = '&endDate='+ (curdate+timedelta(days=1)).strftime("%Y%m%d")

So adding 1 to this value was resulting in a value two days into the future. Using this logic, I changed the line to this:
enddate = '&endDate=' - (curdate+timedelta(days=1)).strftime("%Y%m%d")

That allowed my links to work. I didn't do much analysis beyond this, but I recommend that this logic be altered in the repository. I'll let locomot1f weigh in since it seems like he's the guy in charge.
well, that's not cool.

it's kicking back some errors in the XML.
but if this is the case, then I have to figure out something else to get the replays for TODAY.

i'm gonna sit on it for a day, see if it's an error on ESPN's side that will get fixed.
(2015-07-17, 23:23)xirtamozne Wrote: Surfisher,

I ran into the same issue.

The basic problem is that you're trying to get a date range that starts in the future. If you look at your log, you're trying to retrieve this:
plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/?mode=2&name=Replay%2010%20Days&url=http%3a%2f%2fsports-ak.espn.go.com%2fwatchespn%2ffeeds%2fstartup%3faction%3dreplay%26channel%3despn3​​%26endDate%3d20150718%26startDate%3d20150707

The "endDate" parameter is being passed "20150718," which my addon was attempting to use yesterday as well (and failing). After some analysis, I realized that the date range problem was causing bad XML to be returned from espn. So the key, for me, at least, was to fix the endDate in addon.py.

Line 46 of addon.py for this addon is:
enddate = '&endDate='+ (curdate+timedelta(days=1)).strftime("%Y%m%d")

So adding 1 to this value was resulting in a value two days into the future. Using this logic, I changed the line to this:
enddate = '&endDate=' - (curdate+timedelta(days=1)).strftime("%Y%m%d")

That allowed my links to work. I didn't do much analysis beyond this, but I recommend that this logic be altered in the repository. I'll let locomot1f weigh in since it seems like he's the guy in charge.

Nice catch on the incorrect date. Your suggested fix, however, is not working for me. The add-on won't even start, but throws a script failed error.

Changing line 46 to this:

Code:
enddate = '&endDate='+ (curdate-timedelta(days=1)).strftime("%Y%m%d")

allows the add-on to start, but only one replay shows for 7/16, all the other replays displayed are from 7/15 or older.Huh
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
okay, so I think it's an error with the U.S. Open entry.

When I try to pull up the URL in Firefox, I get this message:
Code:
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/watchespn/feeds/startup?action=replay&channel=espn3&endDate=20150717&startDate=20150715
Line Number 1176, Column 26:
<name><![CDATA[ The Open  Marquee Groups (First Round)]]></name>
-------------------------^

i had stopped using Firefox, cause Adobe Flash has stopped supporting the Linux OS.

so, again, a little reluctant to change any code. I mean, I can but I fear that once this goes into; 2 days ago, 5 days ago, 10 days ago, etc.
the problem will still be the same.... until this event is gone, or ESPN fixes the title.

sucks... Sad
(2015-07-18, 01:08)locomot1f Wrote: i had stopped using Firefox, cause Adobe Flash has stopped supporting the Linux OS.

Try using Pipelight. It allows you to use the Windoze version of Flash. I use it on all my 'buntu systems and it works fine in Firefox.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
thanks for the heads-up, @MetalChris. i'll give it a whirl.
still like Firefox a whole lot more than Chrome on Linux

so, I downloaded the xml file.
just saved the link as...

and low and behold there's some funky escaped character in the title
<name><![CDATA[ The Open  Marquee Groups (First Round)]]></name>

-----------------------------------------------------
it doesn't even show up on here. just a space.

not sure if there's a whole lot I can do on my end.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32