• 2(current)
Release ESPN 3
yeah...
i'm currently watching the Live Rodeo - Calgary Stampede Chuckwagon Racing.
(never thought I'd say that -- LOL!)

wondering if you're able to watch it too...Huh
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-07-11, 05:11)locomot1f Wrote: yeah...

Yeeehaw!!! haha - I actually don't care about the rodeo either, but just wanted to let you know that it wasn't working.

Just tried and even the replays of the rodeo are giving a script error. Replays for tennis worked great.
I am getting the SMIL URL blank on the replay too.

Full Debug Log uploaded.
(2015-07-11, 08:29)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 05:11)locomot1f Wrote: yeah...

Yeeehaw!!! haha - I actually don't care about the rodeo either, but just wanted to let you know that it wasn't working.

Just tried and even the replays of the rodeo are giving a script error. Replays for tennis worked great.

This doesn't look right:

Code:
23:23:11 T:4588  NOTICE: ESPN3:  get_html: https://espn-ws.bamnetworks.com/pubajaxws/bamrest/MediaService2_0/op-findUserVerifiedEvent/v-2.1?playbackScenario=FMS_CLOUD&channel=espn3&partnerContentId=2602865&eventId=&contentId=&rand=0.9103951749464674&cdnName=PRIMARY_AKAMAI&identityPointId=comcast:&playerId=domestic

Are you using the latest version of the add-on? I believe 1.2.1 is the latest release from locomot1f. The url format shown here is for HDS and RTMP streams, but the rodeo event is an HLS stream. The latest release checks for the stream type before forming the url, and your log is missing the notification that includes the stream type. Are you able to watch any events?

Two things I'm seeing here:

Code:
File "C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.espn_3\default.py", line 218, in PLAY
                                                if not authstatus.find('successstatus'):
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

The line number indicated here does not match with the latest version of the add-on. The check for authstatus is at line 256 in the latest version. Also, the error shown above is the same error I was getting when my userdata.xml file was not setup properly.

(2015-07-11, 08:52)siuside Wrote: I am getting the SMIL URL blank on the replay too.

Full Debug Log uploaded.

When I follow the url generated in your log, I see the same response I get when attempting to view an HLS stream:

Code:
<errorCode>INVALID_IP</errorCode>

Unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve this (yet), so I'm unable to offer any advice at this time. Can you tell me if you are able to watch this event on the website and which provider you're using?
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
It works on the website and phone/tablet just fine. Provider is Comcast

In the browser have not been able to get it to work in Ubuntu, but that I think has never worked for me for the DRM streams anyways. I need to set up HAL etc but that's offtopic.
(2015-07-11, 16:08)MetalChris Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 08:29)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Yeeehaw!!! haha - I actually don't care about the rodeo either, but just wanted to let you know that it wasn't working.

This doesn't look right:

Code:
23:23:11 T:4588  NOTICE: ESPN3:  get_html: https://espn-ws.bamnetworks.com/pubajaxws/bamrest/MediaService2_0/op-findUserVerifiedEvent/v-2.1?playbackScenario=FMS_CLOUD&channel=espn3&partnerContentId=2602865&eventId=&contentId=&rand=0.9103951749464674&cdnName=PRIMARY_AKAMAI&identityPointId=comcast:&playerId=domestic

Are you using the latest version of the add-on? I believe 1.2.1 is the latest release from locomot1f. The url format shown here is for HDS and RTMP streams, but the rodeo event is an HLS stream. The latest release checks for the stream type before forming the url, and your log is missing the notification that includes the stream type. Are you able to watch any events?

Two things I'm seeing here:

Code:
File "C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.espn_3\default.py", line 218, in PLAY
                                                if not authstatus.find('successstatus'):
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

The line number indicated here does not match with the latest version of the add-on. The check for authstatus is at line 256 in the latest version. Also, the error shown above is the same error I was getting when my userdata.xml file was not setup properly.

You're completely right - I was on an older version somehow, I thought for sure I had updated it. Weird that the other streams were working, but I just grabbed locomot1f's latest and the replays of the Rodeo work great now. My apologies for not checking that first!

I'll see if I can catch a live one to confirm that those work too. Thanks!
@GriffeyJuni0r - Big Grin
@MetalChris

I don't see any "INVALID_IP" strings in the logs? I am able to duplicate the error at will. Never cared for Rodeo, but none of those rodeo videos will play (not just the latest one).

I think this has to be a system issue. I have Ubuntu 15.04 Kodi 14.2
(2015-07-11, 18:22)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: You're completely right - I was on an older version somehow, I thought for sure I had updated it. Weird that the other streams were working, but I just grabbed locomot1f's latest and the replays of the Rodeo work great now. My apologies for not checking that first!

I'll see if I can catch a live one to confirm that those work too. Thanks!

Now we're gettin' somewhere. If the replay worked, you should be good to go with the live streams too. The older version could play some of the streams without issue, so it's no surprise you were still able to view some events but not this one in particular.

(2015-07-11, 21:01)siuside Wrote: @MetalChris

I don't see any "INVALID_IP" strings in the logs? I am able to duplicate the error at will. Never cared for Rodeo, but none of those rodeo videos will play (not just the latest one).

I think this has to be a system issue. I have Ubuntu 15.04 Kodi 14.2

The invalid IP message doesn't show in the log, but if you copy the url created by the add-on and paste it into your browser it will bring up an xml page with the error message.

Look for a url like this in your log:

Code:
14:20:55 T:2874014528  NOTICE: ESPN3:  get_html: http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/watchespn/startSession?v=1.5&affiliate=twc_sso&cdnName=PRIMARY_AKAMAI&channel=espn3&playbackScenario=FMS_CLOUD&pkan=hq7WvDfl69gvqYjjKYE6pxWatDCP3A14QSFzo3rfR0lG9kyyWtU%3D&pkanType=SWID&eventid=2602865&simulcastAiringId=184437813&rand=542728&playerId=domestic

About halfway down the page you'll see the invalid IP error code.

I really wish I could figure this one out. I see it on my laptop and my HTPC, and I've tried a bunch of different things, including installing HAL, but just can't get past it. Fortunately, most of the streams are HDS or RTMP and work fine for me, it's just the few that are HLS that I can't seem to conquer. We have confirmation from several users that the add-on is capable of playing the HLS streams so I'm not ready to give up yet.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
To narrow it down, I would say we need to find out the System/Kodi details also. This has to be a system issue.

I can play the rtmp ones fine too (updated to the lastest one). Griffey or locomot1f, what does the decoded HLS stream look like? The get_html line that is ..
Ok I just installed the TwitchTV addon and it is able to play hls streams fine. So maybe the HLS needs some looking into for this addon as well.
i'll take a look at the twitch tv code.

no doubt that for this addon, the HLS is a snatch and grab piece of work.
i'm pretty sure it's supposed to work with segments, but I just grab the stream straight. i still get a lot of buffering at times.

the get_html is the same.
like MetalChris says, it's the XML that is returned that is the issue.

so, for the URL from above:
Code:
http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/watchespn/startSession?v=1.5&affiliate=twc_sso&cdnName=PRIMARY_AKAMAI&channel=espn3&playbackScenario=FMS_CLOUD&pkan=hq7WvDfl69gvqYjjKYE6pxWatDCP3A14QSFzo3rfR0lG9kyyWtU%3D&pkanType=SWID&eventid=2602865&simulcastAiringId=184437813&rand=542728&playerId=domestic

i get this for the url:
Code:
<url>http://content.uplynk.com/ext/d09b16c953aa40c98dd8c513526aca5a/a18443781.m3u8?ad.kv=_fw_ae,&exp=1436651799&rn=270725583&tc=1&oid=d09b16c953aa40c98dd8c513526aca5a&linearv=4&ad=e3ads&ad.ulbd=1&ad.csid=watchespn:null:e3ads&ad.caid=a18443781&eid=a18443781&euid=ESPN3_VDMS&ct=a&sig=020e29522d4f7d49d1c925c5787639a3a39811939b86a71b61ee5a125786b08e</url>

i thought that the pkan number was/is random. but there seems to be something else that is happening as well

for the pkanJar, i have this:
Code:
<pkanJar><pkan>
  <issuedAt>2015-07-11 21:54:39.662 UTC</issuedAt>
  <ttlMs>601000</ttlMs>
  <channel>espn3</channel>
  <airingId>184437813</airingId>
  <Signature>QWLOGr9iZ7nAkpxihhSCEG2NkCyPCU0EY3c8swLvg8y/UroYZQv03V+gT/Gpe4UhniWL47BIHLU2LgK+OqjZSg==</Signature>
  <alias>5c07d0082db3d42f14e57ae0af00371854c17bd0</alias>
  <signatureType>JCE</signatureType>
  <isSigned>false</isSigned>
</pkan></pkanJar>

here's the full XML -- http://pastebin.com/TH27cCAG
Don't have a login and password to access this but it might be of some use

http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensour...ginSample/

I have to setup a Windows box with Kodi and give this a shot. It looks like this is working in Windows from Griffey
SMIL error on Live Beach Volleyball 2:30pm and Judo 3:00pm. Log attached

http://pastebin.com/dbUywBKP
(2015-07-11, 21:39)siuside Wrote: This has to be a system issue.

I have tried on several systems here at home - my laptop running Gotham on Ubuntu 12.04 and Kodi on Win7 Pro, my HTPC running Kodi 15 on Lubuntu 14.04, my netbook running Gotham on Mac OSX Snow Leopard and Gotham on WinXP, and my desktop running Kodi 14.2 on Lubuntu 14.04 - all with the same results. The only thing all these systems have in common is the IP address.

I'm open to all possibilities, but considering that other users have reported that HLS streams in this add-on are working, I'm beginning to think this might actually be a provider issue rather than a system issue. I have TWC internet only, and although the HDS and RTMP streams work fine for me through this add-on, TWC internet users did have some issues authenticating with the earlier Bluecop versions of this add-on. Might be coming back to haunt me.

I've been wrong before though, and I hate to give up, so maybe I'll have an epiphany sometime in the near future and get this figured out.

(2015-07-13, 21:32)mrdally204 Wrote: SMIL error on Live Beach Volleyball 2:30pm and Judo 3:00pm. Log attached

http://pastebin.com/dbUywBKP

I see you are using TWC as well. Do you have TWC cable and internet, or internet only? Are you able to watch any of the other streams, and can you watch anything on the WatchESPN website?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32