• 25(current)
Release ESPN 3
@siuside

Easy to use and quite intuitive. Two clicks and the program starts, what else can one want?
(2016-06-17, 04:20)OTinley Wrote: @siuside

Easy to use and quite intuitive. Two clicks and the program starts, what else can one want?

In as far as the items itself are laid out in the very first home screen (Live events followed by the devices etc). Do you like all devices shown or maybe should be user selecatable etc. I had a suggestion for @awaters1 but want more folks to give him feedback.
(2016-06-17, 04:27)siuside Wrote: In as far as the items itself are laid out in the very first home screen (Live events followed by the devices etc). Do you like all devices shown or maybe should be user selecatable etc. I had a suggestion for @awaters1 but want more folks to give him feedback.
I would prefer user selectable, but no big deal either way.
With the latest version 2.9.2 it fails to start and the log shows this error:

Code:
18:34:13 T:123145303453696   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'data_tree' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users//Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3-master/addon.py", line 263, in <module>
                                                ROOT_ITEM(refresh)
                                              File "/Users//Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3-master/addon.py", line 35, in ROOT_ITEM
                                                channel_list = events.get_channel_list(include_premium)
                                              File "/Users//Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3-master/resources/lib/events.py", line 5, in get_channel_list
                                                networks = player_config.get_networks()
                                              File "/Users//Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3-master/resources/lib/player_config.py", line 45, in get_networks
                                                networks = get_config_soup().findall('.//network')
                                              File "/Users//Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3-master/resources/lib/player_config.py", line 24, in get_config_soup
                                                return util.get_url_as_xml_soup_cache(PLAYER_CONFIG_URL, PLAYER_CONFIG_FILE, TIME_DIFFERENCE)
                                              File "/Users//Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3-master/resources/lib/util.py", line 43, in get_url_as_xml_soup_cache
                                                return load_element_tree(xml_data)
                                              File "/Users//Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3-master/resources/lib/util.py", line 69, in load_element_tree
                                                return data_tree
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'data_tree' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
@milli: should be fixed with 2.9.3, but I changed the location of the repository and the source code to be
https://github.com/kodi-addons/plugin.vi...ee/develop
and
https://github.com/kodi-addons/repo.kodi...addons.zip
for the repository.
(2016-06-19, 03:07)awaters1 Wrote: @milli: should be fixed with 2.9.3, but I changed the location of the repository and the source code to be
https://github.com/kodi-addons/plugin.vi...ee/develop
and
https://github.com/kodi-addons/repo.kodi...addons.zip
for the repository.

Thanks for a quick fix. It works great again
hmm.. i'm not getting the directory listings,

but i'm getting something completely different.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/17595792/

please excuse the brevity in my log.
i have some unmentionables that i didn't want to pop up.

let me know if you need any more information.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
it should also be noted that my version still says 2.9.2

looking at the addon.xml, they also still say 2.9.2
should I be seeing 2.9.3Huh
okay, so the Repo works.

awaters, when you get the chance can you update the official github?

that's what i will need to update the official Kodi repo.
to be able to do a "git clone / git pull"

thanks in advance.
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm... the Repo works on my machine with the latest Nightlies.
but fails on Kodi 17 Alpha 1.
not getting any error as to why.
--------------------------------------------------

yup, just (reluctantly) updated my main machine to the nightly (Kodi Alpha 2)
and everything is working again.
so, to anyone using Kodi 17 Alpha 1. just a word of warning.

anyone else experiencing this?
(2016-06-20, 18:16)locomot1f Wrote: okay, so the Repo works.

awaters, when you get the chance can you update the official github?

that's what i will need to update the official Kodi repo.
to be able to do a "git clone / git pull"

thanks in advance.
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm... the Repo works on my machine with the latest Nightlies.
but fails on Kodi 17 Alpha 1.
not getting any error as to why.

anyone else experiencing this?

Repo installed fine for me. Authentication isn't working in Krypton however and there seems to be couple of other minor issues.

Edit: Yes I am on Alpha2 June 11 build (Windows 10)

(2016-06-17, 04:34)OTinley Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 04:27)siuside Wrote: In as far as the items itself are laid out in the very first home screen (Live events followed by the devices etc). Do you like all devices shown or maybe should be user selecatable etc. I had a suggestion for @awaters1 but want more folks to give him feedback.
I would prefer user selectable, but no big deal either way.

@awaters1 added these in options with 2.9.3

I think with 2.9.3 everything is complete with respect to all of our requests in this thread and in github issues section. On to Krypton now Cool
Try to catch up the Euro 2016 games on ESPN3 Replay; the play back will stop every time if I "Fast Forward" just past the half time (45:00) about 2/3 over the whole replay length.

Am I the only one having this issue?
(2016-06-21, 00:01)shoulih Wrote: Try to catch up the Euro 2016 games on ESPN3 Replay; the play back will stop every time if I "Fast Forward" just past the half time (45:00) about 2/3 over the whole replay length.

Am I the only one having this issue?

this is something that i have noticed.
i've taken the stance of using the "skip" method... 3 - 5 minutes at a time.
it appears to be something in the way the streams get buffered.
not sure if there's anything we can do about this.... but i could be wrong.
I noticed it as well. I think it is ffmpeg buffer issue and it happens in a few other addons. From what I have read and seen here in forums, using InputStream is the way going forward for all these ffmpeg issues. It will also enable streaming live real time as opposed to the 10 second default delay using built-in ffmpeg (pointed out by @eracknaphobia in mlb.tv thread) and a few other interesting options. I know the new devs for Youtube were planning on using InputStream but currently I don't know of any video addons using it and it could be quite a while before we see it.
peace Everyone,

I just pushed the changes for all the new things added to this addon, to the official Kodi Repo.

Thinking about renaming it to -- plugin.video.watchespn
and starting a new thread called WatchESPN addon.

any thoughts / suggestions?
(2016-06-22, 19:09)locomot1f Wrote: peace Everyone,

I just pushed the changes for all the new things added to this addon, to the official Kodi Repo.

Thinking about renaming it to -- plugin.video.watchespn
and starting a new thread called WatchESPN addon.

any thoughts / suggestions?

If you're going to start another thread, maybe see if you can get all the other ESPN3 threads closed. I think there's 3 or 4 of them. At least maybe post in all of them to direct people to the new thread.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32