• 37(current)
Release ESPN 3
ok it seems it was due to my vpn provider. i got a trial with the other one and everything is working great.
At least you know where the problem comes from even if you don't know what the problem is yet. Hope you didn't have too much invested in the first VPN.
unRaid v6 pro:
ECS A885GM-A2 (V1.1) AM3 AMD 880G Motherboard
AMD Sempron 145 Sargas Single-Core 2.8 GHz
2GB RAM
Dockers: Kodi Headless and MariaDB for a centralized DB. MythTV or TVheadend (Still experimenting)
--
HTPC Win7:
Intel Core I3-2105 Dual-Core Processor 3.1 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155
4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM
--
Extenders: RPI3 w/OSMC
I have a Strange issue

The ESPN Play fine but after like 5 min is just freeze & lag

when i Play again work fine but after period of time it start freezing? it stops & play fast. & so on
Can't seem to play any live streams?

I've logged in with cable credentials, but can't view any ESPN1 or ESPN2 streams. Just tries to load and then times out with an error. ESPN3 seems to work.

These same cable credentials work fine with the actual apps on Android TV etc. So there's no issue with the login.
i have another questions. the big red espn logo that is displayed during commercial break, breaks my stream. dropped frames, or just black screen. i am using kodi 17 final with dsplayer.
(2017-02-17, 02:03)VladimirRS Wrote: I have a Strange issue

The ESPN Play fine but after like 5 min is just freeze & lag

when i Play again work fine but after period of time it start freezing? it stops & play fast. & so on

What are you using as your playback machine? I am experiencing this on Fire TV 2 (Android) Is seems like Kodi is not handling buffering well and eventually the stream stops responding. I switched back to SPMC to watch addons and it's been nearly perfect.
How exactly does it go about pulling in 60FPS feeds? I looked at some of the files on github but can't find that out. The highest M3U8 I found was for a 720p30 feeds (my test was for ESPN1) via WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN Windows 10 apps. I'm basically not sure how the Kodi add-on finds 60FPS streams.
When requesting the start session URL it passes the parameters 'playbackScenario':'HTTP_CLOUD_HIGH', 'platform':'chromecast_uplynk', and 'v': '2.0.0', then it will send back an m3u8 playlist with 60fps streams.
(2017-03-05, 03:26)awaters1 Wrote: When requesting the start session URL it passes the parameters 'playbackScenario':'HTTP_CLOUD_HIGH', 'platform':'chromecast_uplynk', and 'v': '2.0.0', then it will send back an m3u8 playlist with 60fps streams.

Awesome. I was able to get ESPN2 (just a test) in 60FPS by adding only platform=chromecast_uplynk to the URL. 'v' was already 1.5, with 'playbackScenario' already set to FMS_CLOUD, both values coming from WatchESPN. Stuck the M3U8 link into Streamlink and boom. Thanks.
I can get my account authorization done, but when I click on certain sporting events (ESPN U) an error message pops up that says re-authorization failed, account is deactivated. I go through the activation again and it will work until I click on another that deactivates the account. Is there something that can be done?
@shindou Please post a debug log (http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file) and I can look to see if there is an issue that we can fix. Also, do other channels work?
(2017-03-05, 03:26)awaters1 Wrote: When requesting the start session URL it passes the parameters 'playbackScenario':'HTTP_CLOUD_HIGH', 'platform':'chromecast_uplynk', and 'v': '2.0.0', then it will send back an m3u8 playlist with 60fps streams.

Update: Does WatchESPN provide 60FPS feeds for all broadcasts? I can't get a 60FPS M3U8 from any ESPN3 broadcast that I tested.
I don't believe so, I have ony been able to get it for the linear TV stations.
I'm having the same issues as shindou. I get authorization success, and I can view all the ESPN 3 feeds, but when I try to view ESPN 1 or 2 I get re-authorization failed, account is deactivated.

Here's paste of the errors messages. Windows 8.1 Jarvis 16.1 with Direct TV login.

http://pastebin.com/mfHWvHJP
Directv is now using https to login. It will be the same for the NBCSN and Fox Sports addons too when logging in using Directv.

If you are running Jarvis then its most likely you are running a python version lower than 2.7.9 ?

Thats the lowest version that will allow the certs to include SNI

You have no option really but to update your Python platform and then install a Kodi version (Krypton) that runs on python 2.7.9 or higher. You could try changing or adding to the code the option to turn off ssl verify, but that wont fix the SNI issue
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32