Release Lightpack Companion
Just learning python, I take the challenge to write this service to control Lightpack

service.lightpackage
Lightpack comanion
  • Start Lightpack with Kodi or use it only while playing media, either way
    the service will read the playing media aspect ratio and enable the closer Lightpack profile set in settings accordingly.
  • You can set profiles for all possible Aspect Ratios read by Kodi
    (1.33, 1.37, 1.66, 1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35, 2.40, 2.55, 2.76)
  • You can enable a profile for audio
  • You have to at least set a default profile

Image Image

https://github.com/reavenm/service.lightpackage

special thanks to Razze and Ronie for all the help !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Does this work alongside Ambibox/Prismatic, or is it completely standalone?

Either way, awesome, I just got a Lightpak and I love it. The more I can play with the better. Smile
Thanks for this! Does this work with multiple lightpack?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-06-24, 23:31)bry- Wrote: Thanks for this! Does this work with multiple lightpack?

Currently I have three, it doesn't matter
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2015-06-24, 21:43)ECEC Wrote: Does this work alongside Ambibox/Prismatic, or is it completely standalone?

Either way, awesome, I just got a Lightpak and I love it. The more I can play with the better. Smile

I don't have ambibox but I have prismatik as long as it use the lightpack API, it shouldn't be a problem
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2015-06-25, 02:39)reaven Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 23:31)bry- Wrote: Thanks for this! Does this work with multiple lightpack?

Fantastic! I have 2 on and one in the box waiting to put on. Looking forward to trying this!
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-06-25, 03:02)bry- Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 02:39)reaven Wrote:

Fantastic! I have 2 on and one in the box waiting to put on. Looking forward to trying this!

Great, let me know !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2015-06-25, 05:07)reaven Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 03:02)bry- Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 02:39)reaven Wrote: Currently I have three, it doesn't matter

Great, let me know !
Works well for local video files which is great. For live tv from the HDHomeRun the lights match the picture but flicker constantly.

I tested both in PseudoTV Live and hdhomerun add-on.

IMPORTANT:
Quote:Works well for local video files which is great. For live tv from the HDHomeRun the lights match the picture but flicker constantly.

I tested both in PseudoTV Live and hdhomerun add-on.

Well i dont have PseudoTV Live and/or hdhomerun to test and that have to be something directly with the lightpack or something since the service just select and apply profiles already created.

I create a thread for support/request etc.., if any and will leave this one for development discussion purposes.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230559
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hi. I maintain the ambibox add on. One thing I struggled with is that aspect ratio info is not available for many streams using rendercapture. My hack/workaround for this was to read the info from the log. You might think that it would cause a lot of latency, but at least on windows systems, that doesn't seem to be the case.
The code for reading it in is in a separate module here:

https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.a...fromlog.py

and that code is called in line 591-665 here:

https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.a...default.py

Feel free to use if you find it useful.
Hi @KenV99 as a lightpack owner I appreciate your offer. Hopefully @reaven will take a look and has not abandoned this add-on.

IMPORTANT:
(2015-07-10, 22:44)KenV99 Wrote: Hi. I maintain the ambibox add on. One thing I struggled with is that aspect ratio info is not available for many streams using rendercapture. My hack/workaround for this was to read the info from the log. You might think that it would cause a lot of latency, but at least on windows systems, that doesn't seem to be the case.
The code for reading it in is in a separate module here:

https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.a...fromlog.py

and that code is called in line 591-665 here:

https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.a...default.py

Feel free to use if you find it useful.

thanks man, i will check it !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Thank you for the work.

Comment je fais pour définir des profils pour les ratios.

Translation google

How do I define profiles for ratios

is the function 4K 3840 × 2160 ?

Thank you
-------------------------------------------

Prismatik as it should have been (Windows)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lightpack/comme...n_windows/
hey ! glad someone else is using this service.

you have to create the profile in the lightpack software itself. the resolution is 3840 pixels × 2160.
(2016-03-25, 16:52)bry- Wrote: hey ! glad someone else is using this service.

you have to create the profile in the lightpack software itself. the resolution is 3840 pixels × 2160.

Yes

service.lightpackage : You can set profiles for all possible Aspect Ratios read by Kodi
(1.33, 1.37, 1.66, 1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35, 2.40, 2.55, 2.76)

is the function 4K 3840 × 2160 ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lightpack Companion0