Bug Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working
Yes. I deleted the sideloaded one and downloaded the official one. Doesn't work. Reinstalled the sideloaded one. Works fine. Maybe others will have the same thing happen. Both downloads were arm version.
Doesnt work on my z4 tab:/
It seems very odd if I'm the only person who can get the sideloaded version to work on these new Sony models. Has no one else tried it?
ther is new firmware from sony 28.0.A.8.251, perhaps this works.
although my z4 still thinks it is "up to date".
My firmware ends in 24. I think people think I'm either lying or insane☺. Has anyone else with a z3+ (the
handset version of the z4 tablet) actually tried that sideloaded kodi? Because, and I've replicated it 3 times now, the sideloaded version works, the official one doesn't.
Maybe it has something to do with Z3+ Vs Z4 Tablet.

I have build number 28.0.A.7.24 on my Z4 Tablet.

I tried both apks you mentioned; the one on kodi.com and the link you provided. Both are for 15.1 Isendgard but install 15.2 RC.

Neither versions work for me.

I have cleared cash and reboot and anything short of wiping my tablet to make sure as little legacy stuff from previous installs where left on it before new installs.

I also tested the actual 15.2 RC apk and 16.0 Alpha for good measure with the same result Undecided
I have exactly the same build on my z3+. I have no clue why my device plays kodi perfectly. The only comment I've had from the devs is 'meh' so they don't have any explanation either.
if any developer is interested about fixing this issue
pm me
Why PM? If you have information, please just tell us...
(2015-09-01, 10:09)Koying Wrote: Why PM? If you have information, please just tell us...

i tried sending you a PM!

i have used latest apk on Open Devices (AOSP without any patch) and TS is also not working
all problems appear on devices with 64 bit OS

first i suspected the driver but z3+ and z4 tablet have different drivers

this is dmesg from z4 Tab
<14>[ 162.655361] touch_fusion: Going Idle!
<14>[ 168.884518] touch_fusion: Waking Up!
<14>[ 175.403487] touch_fusion: Going Idle!
<14>[ 175.436791] touch_fusion: Waking Up!

android is working fine on the background and only the app is not registering touches
i can access menus and switch apps

Br
Alin
Your account is too new to use PMs. It is disabled for you. Kodi development is done in public, so anything you would have said in a PM would have to be retold publicly anyways.
Hi,

on my Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (Build 23.1.A.1.28) Kodi version 15.2 RC is working fine with touch screen as long as I only use one finger. After trying a two-finger tap in fullscreen video mode the single-finger tap only works sometimes. E.g. I can tap the arrow or home button but the tap on the 'Exit' when closing Kodi is no longer accepted.

So for me as long as I only use one finger gestures in Kodi I have no problem on my Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact.

Good luck for you!
Good news
seems like sony fixed the bug..
Yesterday I have installed Sony Z4 Tablet firmware update:
Android 5.0.2 build number 28.0.A.8.251

And today I installed Kodi Isengard 15.1.1 armv7 (downloaded from kodi.tv) and the touch work..
(2015-09-03, 00:40)Snake87r Wrote: Good news
seems like sony fixed the bug..
Yesterday I have installed Sony Z4 Tablet firmware update:
Android 5.0.2 build number 28.0.A.8.251

And today I installed Kodi Isengard 15.1.1 armv7 (downloaded from kodi.tv) and the touch work..

I can also confirm and verify that the latest firmware (version posted above) fixes the issues with the touchscreen. The tablet *feels* snappier, too.
Nice. If we can get confirmation from a few more users, then it will probably be safe to mark those Sony devices as compatible when using Google Play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working0