Bug Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working
Hi,

On the new Sony device Xperia Z3+ in Kodi the touch screen does not work at all. It is not possible to navigate or even close the program. You have to kill it in the tasklist. Don't know if you are aware of this or have plans to fix it?
Seems an issue specific to Z3.
Impossible to fix without a device exhibiting the issue...
The same issue is with the new Xperia Z4 tablet.
So it's an issue specific to Sony hardware. Which is still impossible to fix without one of our devs having a Sony device :)
Same here Sony z4 tablet and Touchscreen Not Working.
Guess some one needs to send their tablet/phone over so we can have a look.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I do have the same Problem on my Xperia Z4 (a great Android tablet).
Does it help to send some logfile or so?
If you Need a device, to whom/where shall I send?
From a quick google, it seems Sony has a widespread issue with touchscreens not working in certain apps (or sometimes at all) for their entire Xperia line of products. It does not seem to be isolated to Kodi.

EDIT: it might be locking up the screen input when it is expecting keyboard entry, which Kodi is always expecting. I'm not sure on that, but it would explain why it doesn't happen in most "normal" Android apps.
Thanks for the research, Ned
Z3 compact with 5.0.2 is working.

Thx for the support
Greetings,

I am a daily user of Kodi on my mediecenter with windows 8.1 installed, which works perfectly.

After seeing and hearing a lot of positive comments about kodi for android, i decided to try it out on my new Xperia Z4 tablet.

Installing went fine, and so did the startup of Kodi, but when everything is loaded and ready to use, i face a problem, which makes the program useless.

I simply can't swipe or click on anything, and i tried all versions.

Is this a known problem, which anyone is aware of ? I tried google for answers, but it feels like it is a new thing.

Be aware of that the program doesn't freeze, cause the informations bar rolling in the bottom of the screen, and kodi applications updating in the right corner.

Hope to find some answers, and that it will be fixed in the future :-)

Best regards

Lasse
Did you actually read the posts preceding yours?
It's a long one to say "me too" Wink
Saw it afterwards Rolleyes

My post got moved to this thread, which is fair, to keep the double post low Wink

I apologise and keep my fingers crossed and hope for a update that will fix it soon enough Cool
Sorry, my bad. I forgot to leave a note saying I merged the threads :)
(2015-06-28, 01:49)Ned Scott Wrote: From a quick google, it seems Sony has a widespread issue with touchscreens not working in certain apps (or sometimes at all) for their entire Xperia line of products. It does not seem to be isolated to Kodi.

EDIT: it might be locking up the screen input when it is expecting keyboard entry, which Kodi is always expecting. I'm not sure on that, but it would explain why it doesn't happen in most "normal" Android apps.

So what are the next steps? Can we help somehow?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working0