Celvin_Qnap_Q802 kodi
HI All
I have a Fujitsu Q802 box which is a clone of the qnap box. This has 13.2 as a downloadable but I am trying to update it to 14/14.2. I am no Linux boy and I have tried doing it but I cant seem to make it install from either the iso or the MX_LINUX-G02REF-update-14-04-15.zip package I have found. Can anyone give me any help on how to do this?
thanks.
I think you have to wait until the manufactor of this product offers a new version.

For how to install Kodi for Linux I think you have to read these two Wikis:

SSH (wiki)
HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux (wiki)
David... neither of that is going to help him Qnap and such clone boxes run Linux sure but you cannot solve that problem via this as its not quite common Linux as that.

@TDMPRO2K

Go consult a forums for these boxes (if they have one) or ask the support people who make that box for help, fact is in order to help you one needs to know the hardware and firmware and even if its qnap this isnt the place to ask as those apps are not official kodi they are offered by whoever develops them for these platforms and thus ultimately their responsibility to support.

Often where you download those packages from comes with some instructions, if not ask who provides such package. Here you just wont have much luck tbh for the reasons stated above and to repeat myself mainly because hardly anyone here has those things to know what to do.

And this bit is important... When I googled MX_LINUX-G02REF-update-14-04-15.zip leads to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180446 which is android modified roms, so yes, seems you are indeed barking up wrong tree.
OK thanks guys... I shall look for a modding site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Celvin_Qnap_Q802 kodi0