Is it possible to combine Live TV with IPTV?
(2015-08-04, 18:24)DVRfun Wrote: To add multiple IPTV channels in DVBlink IPTV module do you use a playlist file which contains links for each channel or does each M3U file get entered individually? Also, with DVBlink IPTV module can you get EPG data like regular channels?

You can put all the links in one M3U file or you could have multiple M3U files. I have my nursery cam feed and Bloomberg in the same M3U file, they appear as two seperate channels in DVBLink.

With respect to EPG Data, not sure how you are expecting to get EPG data for IPTV channels (legal ones). Who publishes this data?
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
rlg6767,
If you are using DVBLink, don't you have an EPG provider? I was thinking the online streamed Channel content mirrored the regular channel but perhaps this is incorrect? Even without EPG data, just having the channel in the EPG would be most As I believe it is a legal link, can I ask you to post your M3U file which includes the link for Bloomberg? Feel free to edit out personal info regarding nursery camera. Also, any chance you have the correct link for CBS News Live?
Thank you for assisting .
You should be able to pull EPG data for CBS, Bloomberg, etc w/ zap2it, if you select the proper provider in the settings, i.e. in this case cable, rather than OTA.
(2015-08-05, 17:40)DVRfun Wrote: rlg6767,
If you are using DVBLink, don't you have an EPG provider? I was thinking the online streamed Channel content mirrored the regular channel but perhaps this is incorrect? Even without EPG data, just having the channel in the EPG would be most As I believe it is a legal link, can I ask you to post your M3U file which includes the link for Bloomberg? Feel free to edit out personal info regarding nursery camera. Also, any chance you have the correct link for CBS News Live?
Thank you for assisting .

I do have an EPG provider for the Freeview Channels. I don't have Bloomberg channel tuned in so no EPG for that but if it is broadcasting the same stream OTA and on IPTV there is no reason you couldn't set the IPTV channel to use the OTA EPG.

The M3U file looks like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:901, Bloomberg
http://www.bloomberg.com/streams/video/LiveUK_nb.asx

Just checked it and it isn't working at the moment. It did yesterday although only at 56 Kbps. I'm afraid I don't have any links other than those found through Google. It's really hard to find working legal IPTV channels. The ones you can find tend to not work.
Its ironic that its easy to find links for every premium cable channel out there however finding a link for the legal channel streams is difficult
(2015-08-04, 10:23)rlg6767 Wrote: In my setup, my IPTV channel is actually a webcam feed from my nursery, and appears as channel 900 in the EPG.

Thank you for the mini screen capture showing Baby Cam and Bloomberg in your channel list. I managed to get Kodi IPTV channel to appear in TV channel list same as you alongside OTA channels however I cannot get the IPTV channel to appear in the Kodi EPG? Do your channels 901 and 901 appear in your EPG? Even without guide data, shouldn't they also appear in EPG?
Without guide data there is nothing to put in the EPG.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So without guide data the channel name still won't appear in the EPG?
No of course not. You could easily make up a fake xmltv feed if you want it to.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-08-06, 05:28)DVRfun Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 10:23)rlg6767 Wrote: In my setup, my IPTV channel is actually a webcam feed from my nursery, and appears as channel 900 in the EPG.

Thank you for the mini screen capture showing Baby Cam and Bloomberg in your channel list. I managed to get Kodi IPTV channel to appear in TV channel list same as you alongside OTA channels however I cannot get the IPTV channel to appear in the Kodi EPG? Do your channels 901 and 901 appear in your EPG? Even without guide data, shouldn't they also appear in EPG?

It's a strange one this. I've found that the channels appear in the Channels list but not the EPG. Press the "H" key to bring up the channels list. Don't know why they don't appear in the EPG. Would this be a Kodi bug or a DVBLink bug?

EDIT

(2015-08-06, 08:05)nickr Wrote: No of course not. You could easily make up a fake xmltv feed if you want it to.

Ah, of course.
No its not a bug to refuse to show a channel without epg in epg view.
Hi all,

I thought that it might be useful to someone to outline my setup.

I'm running Kodi and DVBLink TV Source + DVBLink for IPTV as my sources of live TV. All my IPTV links are saved in a locally stored m3u document.

Within DVBLink Configuration it is possible to allocate channel numbers to the different channels so a DVB-S channel is numbered next to a IPTV channel. For example, I have BBC News (DVB-S) as channel 20 and ABC News (IPTV) as channel 21.

For EPG, I'm using EPG Collector to pull the UK TV EPG data and WebGrab to scrap the EPG data for UK radio and for the international TV channels that I have streams for. Using these both I have a 90% full EPG. Both the data outputs are saved to one folder and I have allocated the different EPG outputs to the corresponding TV channel in Channels / EPG Sources.

As others have highlighted, if there is no EPG data for a channel, Kodi will effectively ignore the channel. So what I have done is allocate a EPG output (in this case Sky Sports Box Office) to channels where I can't get an EPG source for that channel. Not ideal, but at least the channel shows up in Kodi.

These are the links that I have used to get ABC News and Bloomberg. I've always assumed that they are 'official' streams -
#EXTINF:-1, ABC News
http://abclive.abcnews.com/i/abc_live4@1..._av-b.m3u8
#EXTINF:-1, Bloomberg
http://cdn3.videos.bloomberg.com/btv/us/...m3u8?b?b*t$

If any of the IPTV links fail, I have a load of channels - mostly from IPTV Stalker - saved in Kodi favourites.

bb69
(2015-08-09, 14:32)billybob69 Wrote: These are the links that I have used to get ABC News and Bloomberg. I've always assumed that they are 'official' streams -
#EXTINF:-1, ABC News
http://abclive.abcnews.com/i/abc_live4@1..._av-b.m3u8
#EXTINF:-1, Bloomberg
http://cdn3.videos.bloomberg.com/btv/us/...m3u8?b?b*t$

You can change the -1 values in the code above to the channel number you want them to appear as in DVBLink. Saves a further config change further down the line.
(2015-08-09, 14:32)billybob69 Wrote: For EPG, I'm using EPG Collector to pull the UK TV EPG data and WebGrab to scrap the EPG data for UK radio and for the international TV channels that I have streams for. Using these both I have a 90% full EPG. Both the data outputs are saved to one folder and I have allocated the different EPG outputs to the corresponding TV channel in Channels / EPG Sources.

Whats the benefit of using EPG Collector over the built in collector in DVBLink?
(2015-08-09, 21:11)rlg6767 Wrote: Whats the benefit of using EPG Collector over the built in collector in DVBLink?

As in the TVAdviser EPG grabber?
That is 25 euros a year and still doesn't give an EPG for the full list of channels that are available via UK DVB-S and DVB-T, let alone the EPG data in other countries or satellites.

Although I have a twin tuner DVB-S card and also run a version of DVB Viewer alongside the DVB Link. I tend to use the DVB Link for watching TV on one tuner and the DVB Viewer for recording on the other tuner. EPG Collector works really well with DVB Viewer, so if I'm grabbing the XMLTV for one software, I just use it for the other program.

bb69

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to combine Live TV with IPTV?0