Solved Skipping inconsistent, forward sometimes skips back etc.
I see what appears to be the new version at https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/tree/Isengard but for some reason it's still not updating. I'm running Kodi 15.1, are you saying that the new version of the PVR addon won't install until Kodi 15.2 comes out? I see a link on that page where you can download it as a zip file but I'm guessing there's no way to install it from that.

(2015-09-22, 10:21)adr3nal1n Wrote: Will build the addon tonight from git and try this out tonight. (Am running Kodi 15.1 and Tvheadend v4.0.5 under Arch Linux X86_64)

I don't suppose there is a page that explains how to do that as a series of instructions that can be followed step by step? I probably wouldn't bother if Kodi 15.2 is going to be out any day now but if it's going to be another month or two then I'd really like to know the process for doing this, if it's not too terribly complicated.
Github is a repository for source code. You would have to be familiar with compiling the addon yourself to use it right now.

Otherwise, you wait until the addon is updated in a package format for whatever install you're using. In other words, be patient.
So not something a user can do then, as I pretty much suspected. Thanks for confirming that for me. I'll try to be patient but this particular bug is such a pain that I'm almost willing to try extraordinary measures to vanquish it. Big Grin I came very close to trying to roll back to Kodi Helix as some have suggested, but decided to wait and see what happened, now I'm glad I did, or will be when the update rolls out.

It looks like they fixed another bug or two in the process of nailing this one, so to the developers that have worked on this, your efforts are highly appreciated, and a big thank you for maintaining this addon.
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...mc-nightly

2.2.8 is here...
Smile 
Just to provide some feedback on the latest pvr.hts build 2.1.18 for Isengard,

Playback of Recordings - Skipping as well as fast forward and rewind now work very well and do not randomly skip back to start.

Timeshift - skipping, fast forward and rewind still temperamental, but then this is to be expected as the commit described here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/103 does not cover this issue as it looks like this issue will persist until the switch to Jarvis.

Huge thanks to the devs Jalle19 and Ksooo for their continued work and support on the pvr.hts addon for kodi.
Yeah timeshift is still work in progress, the bug is most likely on the tvheadend side even though the symptoms are similar to what was just fixed for recordings.
Just a note to say thanks.

Picked up the changes from the nightly PPA and skipping on recordings is now working an absolute treat!
I can only pause/resume but not ff/rew within timeshift buffer. When playing recordings I can ff/rew. The same behavior with Kodi 15.1, 15.2 RC2, 16a3 on a Mac. Timeshift On-Demand is unchecked. Any ideas ?

EDIT: tried on Windows, same behaviour

Running tvheadend 4.1-459 on ubuntu 14.04

EDIT 2: tried 4.1.373 on Synology DS210j and ff/rew works. Will revert to tvheadend forums...
That tends to happen when the channel has no EPG data (yes, really).
(2015-09-24, 16:27)negge Wrote: That tends to happen when the channel has no EPG data (yes, really).

Thanks a lot ! Actually I don't have epg at the moment on ubuntu box but have it on synology, makes sense ! Will try it and report back .

EDIT: provided EPG data as suggested and ff/rew work !

Thanks a million !
It's fixed in Kodi 15.2 Isengard – Release Candidate 3! Thank you!!!
I am trying to move from Mediaportal to Kodi and am experiencing this problem trying to playback some recordings that where made using Mediaportal. Oddly this happens both in the Recordings and Videos sections of Kodi which seems to be different to what others have been describing. This occurs both on the computer where Mediaportal TV server and Kodi are installed and also when Kodi is connecting to the TV server from another computer. I'm running the 16.1

Any ideas for a Kodi noob?
Discovered the problem, turns out the ComSkip data that was created when I was using MediaPortal was causing the problem. I deleted the ComSkip files and have disabled it from running and now skips work fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping inconsistent, forward sometimes skips back etc.2