Solved Skipping inconsistent, forward sometimes skips back etc.
If you are sick of waiting for this to be fixed AND you are running Ubuntu 14.04 AND you would not mind going back to Kodi Helix to fix this, here is a way that SEEMS to work. No guarantees, but it worked one box I tried it on.

Follow the procedure at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234322 to revert back to Kodi Helix. If you have any problems uninstalling the current version, install Synaptic and do a "complete removal" of the Kodi packages from there, and don't forget to delete (or at least rename) the .kodi subdirectory in your user directory. Also remove the kodi-pvr-hts package! Then, while you are using dpkg to install kodi and kodi-bin, watch the output, if it says there are unmet dependencies you will need to install them and/or use "sudo apt-get -f install" to resolve them, then do the dpkg thing again and make sure there are no remaining complaints about missing dependencies before proceeding.

Now here is the part that's a little dicey, but SEEMS to work. In order to get the previous TVHeadend addon, you could edit your repository list to tell it to use the Kodi precise repo rather than the trusty repo. This is pretty easily done inside Synaptic, and maybe can be done inside Ubuntu's Software Center program as well, but I'm more familiar with Synaptic. And then you will want to install the xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts addon. Alternately, and this is probably the better way but it's not the way I tried, you can get a .deb file of version 1.9.31-15 built for Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit version) here: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/..._amd64.deb (if you need a build for a different version of Ubuntu just use the search function, such as https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text...rch=Search ).

After you have this working I would disable all Kodi repositories temporarily, so you don't accidentally reinstall Isengard before they fix the problem (hope springs eternal).

I take no responsibility if you try this and screw up your system; if you don't know what you are doing then maybe you should just wait for a fix. I managed to do this on a system I don't use much anymore, but I'm not quite ready to do it on my main HTPC yet. And if you read the thread in my first link above, you will see that the Kodi developers (one in particular) seem to really, REALLY hate the idea of anyone going back to an older version of Kodi. Well unfortunately, this problem is annoying enough to me that if it's not fixed before the fall TV season starts in earnest I probably will go back, not because I really want to (I have no issue with Isengard overall) but because this particular problem rises to the level of a major annoyance, and so far it doesn't really seem like the developers of the addon care at all, seeing as how they appear to have gone silent on us.

EDIT: It looks like they REALLY don't want you to do this, because that thread has completely disappeared! Better look at Google's cached version before it disappears as well!
During an online chat last night this subject came up and someone mentioned that the information from that deleted thread is available here:

How to “downgrade” Kodi back to 14.2 (Helix) in Ubuntu 14.04
I'm having a lot of problems as well with the recordings from tvheadend. "Recordings" is practically unusable and I get at least these problems when starting the playback from "Videos":

1. Usually the first couple skips work fine but after that it starts the playback from the beginning of the recording.

2. When stopping and starting the playback for the same file again, the timecode shows some random time, but actually starts the playback from the beginning. Trying to skip forward gets you back into the beginning like (1).

At least half or more recordings are effected. I even have one show that got recorded twice (into two different files at the same time on the same machine) and one of them works while the other doesn't.
I have recently came over from Mediaportal back & front end (been using that with live TV for about 4 years) so this problem is a major pain for me also, makes pausing, rewinding, etc, live TV unusable for fear of crashing. Please please can the developers take this issue seriously and look into it.

Please let me know if there is any way I can assist in resolving this issue,

Kind regards.
There's some more info on the bug ticket mentioned earlier:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/92

...and some interesting debate on a potential workaround, in case anyone subscribed to this missed it:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/99

Don't know if it's entirely related, but I can confirm that I do see the issue quite a bit, and I am running a setup with a central, separate, tvheadend server and remote clients over the network.
Or better still:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/100
The fix has been merged into the addon's master. I'm using it now, and it does appear to fix the issue.
(2015-09-21, 15:47)puithove Wrote: The fix has been merged into the addon's master. I'm using it now, and it does appear to fix the issue.

Hi,

Are you using the master addon version with Kodi 15.1 and Tvheadend v4.05 ?

Thanks in advance.
I had thought the problem was fixed last night when I first upgraded to it. Today, I was doing more testing, and it is better, but still not perfect. If I only click one or two times it seems to work, but if I click several times in succession, it goes back to the beginning. One thing I did notice, the video quality seems to negatively impacted, hard to describe.

This is watching a recorded HD TV show 1080i mpeg 2, using a Tronsmart Orion Meta R68 (Rockchip 3368). Prior to this version of Kodi, the video quality was outstanding.

I checked the same recording on a Minix X8-H Plus, and the video quality is great, but I am using Kodi 16 monthly on that box.
To what version did you upgrade? The fix is only in master so far, you have to compile it yourself.
(2015-09-21, 16:48)adr3nal1n Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 15:47)puithove Wrote: The fix has been merged into the addon's master. I'm using it now, and it does appear to fix the issue.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Addon compiled from pvr.hts master branch, Kodi Jarvis compiled from master, TVHeadend 4.1-411~g99edd68

You would have to use the Isengard branch of the addon to have it work with Kodi 15 - though the backport for the fix is still pending I believe - or at least was earlier this morning.
(2015-09-21, 19:23)puithove Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 16:48)adr3nal1n Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Addon compiled from pvr.hts master branch, Kodi Jarvis compiled from master, TVHeadend 4.1-411~g99edd68

You would have to use the Isengard branch of the addon to have it work with Kodi 15 - though the backport for the fix is still pending I believe - or at least was earlier this morning.

Ah, ok, thanks very much for clearing that up, i'll wait for the backport as i prefer to stay with the current stable versions of kodi and tvheadend.
How will we know when the backport is available? Will it install automatically, like other addons do?
Just wait for the official Kodi 15.2 release or keep following the development on Github.
Tongue 
Looks like the backport has now been applied to the Isengard branch, new version 2.1.18 Big Grin

See here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/103/commits

Will build the addon tonight from git and try this out tonight. (Am running Kodi 15.1 and Tvheadend v4.0.5 under Arch Linux X86_64)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping inconsistent, forward sometimes skips back etc.2