Karaoke.
Raspberry Pi 2.

The only reason I bought my Raspberry Pi was to use it as a Karaoke machine. But it seems that it will only run Kodi which broke karaoke, and it won't run XBMC Gotham, which did run karaoke.

I've tried OpenELEC, OSMC, and Xbian. I also installed Raspian and tried to install XBMC on that but it defaulted to Kodi anyway.

Is there a way for me to play my MP3+CDG files and organise them in Kodi?

Is there a way to downgrade to XBMC Gotham ? Was it a mistake to buy an RPi2 ?

Thanks in advance for any help. If anyone manages to solve this problem I'll write it up in the wiki.
I'm not aware of Kodi dropping support for MP3+CDG files. Does disabling omxplayer in video/accleration settings help?
Does it work on another Kodi platform (e.g. windows)?
It doesn't seem to have Karaoke any more.

The wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Karaoke#Configuration

Explains

"XBMC Media Center needs to be configured to support karaoke. You need is to enable karaoke in the Setup -> Music -> Karaoke. I also suggest to disable "Music -> General -> Auto play next item" as it's usually not desirable for karaoke."

But these options seem to have been removed in Kodi.

I can find links to various Karaoke Addons, but they all seem to be for streaming, not playing my own library, and I can't find a comprehensible way to install them.

The features in the wiki would be perfect for me, but they seem to have been removed since the change from XBMC.

I'm looking for a standalone solution that doesn't need an internet connection.
Change your settings level to advanced our expert and the karaoke menu will appear. For the play next song automatically option it's under music -> playback and it's right at the top. At least it is on Android v15 beta 2
Nothing has been removed from kodi karaoke wise. You simply need to enable expert mode to see it.
I've enabled Karaoke but my files just show up as 2 mp3's under the music heading. They play OK with a blank background, but there is no way to search by number and every file is doubled, I can't see how to select by number.
I followed the instructions to enable Karaoke but when I changed the settings level to Advanced, the Karaoke option doesn't show up. Any help??
Karaoke is no more. PR8285
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-25, 19:35)Milhouse Wrote: Karaoke is no more. PR8285

Very sad when things that work are ripped out like this and await in the never ending queue for becoming an addon.
Meh, there is some stuff like that (*cough*orignal HDHomeRun protocol*cough*), but honestly Kareoke was on death row for a while. Even the Kareoke dev (I'm forgetting names again) wanted to replace the current system entirely.
(2015-12-29, 05:04)un1versal Wrote: Very sad when things that work are ripped out like this and await in the never ending queue for becoming an addon.

We are trying to get the code base into a more stable & maintainable state to give a more solid set of foundations on which to build, karaoke support was a hack polluting the code base and was continually breaking because no one is around to maintain it full time, so in this case I don't see we had any other option.
it worked just fine last time it broke was years ago.
I was under the impression that it would not have survived the video player rewrite for v17 anyways. It touches too many things.
Will never know, on the upside, xbox original is back in service, since karaoke and these times of the year is always a popular choice with everyone, young and old alike.
there were no technical reason for removing karaoke. it is only caused by unresponsible devs that are not able to distinguish them not using from nobody shall be using.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke.0