Karaoke.
I was under the impression that it was broken
(2015-12-30, 14:21)da-anda Wrote: I was under the impression that it was broken

Nope, it's fully functional in v15.

If what spiff said is true, then that's a big wtf and I would agree with him and universal. I was under the impression that it was a maintenance burden, but it sounds like that was just FUD.
(2015-12-30, 13:18)ironic_monkey Wrote: there were no technical reason for removing karaoke. it is only caused by unresponsible devs that are not able to distinguish them not using from nobody shall be using.

Similar with screensaver, dim, transition effects with photo's/slideshow.
(2015-12-30, 20:23)Robotica Wrote:
(2015-12-30, 13:18)ironic_monkey Wrote: there were no technical reason for removing karaoke. it is only caused by unresponsible devs that are not able to distinguish them not using from nobody shall be using.

I'm not sure I understand this comment. Are transition effects missing from slideshow or just specifically the add-on version of slideshow? I'm not familiar with that part of Kodi, since I don't normally use either.
(2015-12-30, 20:23)Robotica Wrote:

Well not the same, not even close, since screensavers and such that have been removed from core went to addons pretty much immediately, not sure about slideshow transitions missing, personally I havent noticed any missing though.

Sadly at the risk of not intentionally inflaming the discussion, this statement makes some sense, though historically when removing fully working features like this and addon shortly follows, the issue of a maintainer for the feature or addon is a huge one in any case, because if devs dont use it, then none will care to maintain it and thus this happens.
I have a feeling (pure conjecture) that were this to become an addon, that the move alone would break it and then none would fix it for lack of interest and time.

So bye bye karaoke you shall be missed and shall live on on the legacy xbox, which for better or worst can handle 100% microphone input in a manner that kodi never could and in many ways makes a much better platform for Karaoke.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke.0