Req You May Like
Would it be possible to provide a widget which returned items which were related to the library contents, e.g. by genre and actors.
Obviously some logic would be required, but this would take the 'Trending' widgets a stage further by making it user/library specific.
Or even a Top 250 widget to start with?
Thanks.
Sure, if you write a python script to return those results, I'll be happy to add a widget to display them. Wink
Thought you were a python wizz braz!

Oh well, anyone else think it's a good idea (who knows python)?
I wish, I was able to copy/paste a few simple scripts together, but that's about it. Definitely not a python coder.
braz, would you consider any of the following:

Widgets - any rationale why they only take up half of the screen?
Could it be configured to show full screen, with proportionately larger poster sizes (maybe 5 columns x 3 rows).
Could you add Top Movies (script.extendedinfo,info=topratedmovies) and Top TV Shows (script.extendedinfo,info=topratedtvshows)

Views - could you introduce an InfoWall Large, say 4 columns x 2 rows (again proportionately larger poster sizes). Or ideally a Custom View Generator!

Movie/Show Info - Extended Info script - add 'Similar' tab which uses script.extendedinfo,info=similarmovies/script.extendedinfo,info=similartvshowstrakt?

Thanks.
I'll take a look at adding the similar/toprated info from Extended Info.

No plans to change the widget layout or poster size in Infowall, though user mods are welcome.
Thanks.

Could you point me in the direction of the info wall and widget file(s) please.
Is there a gui editor to help edit?
No gui editor, though its xml so a text editor like Notepad ++ or Sublime Text helps quite a bit.

Infowall will be easier to edit, it's View_51_InfoWall.xml.

For the widgets, check out Includes_WidgetContent.xml and IncludesHomeWidgets.xml.
braz, thanks, playing around with InfoWall at the moment.
Would you accept the changes as an InfoWall Large view?
Thanks.
Wouldn't add an entire new view, but if the large thumbs looks good I may add it as a sidebar option.
braz, what is the easiest way to get the changes to you.
I think the version of the file I've changed is slightly behind your Git one.
May be easier to explain it in a post?
Thanks.
You'll have to upload it somewhere and link here.
braz,

Please try this link for the amended file. Base file was taken from github yesterday.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5NsPv...kRmRXNZWjg

Basically, changed the Video InfoWall to a 4 by 2 view, increased size of posters and 'watched indicator' overlay. Right side of view remains the same.

Would like to know your thoughts.

Thanks.
(2015-07-09, 12:34)stubiff Wrote: braz,

Please try this link for the amended file. Base file was taken from github yesterday.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5NsPv...kRmRXNZWjg

Basically, changed the Video InfoWall to a 4 by 2 view, increased size of posters and 'watched indicator' overlay. Right side of view remains the same.

Would like to know your thoughts.

Thanks.
Hmm, for this to work it needs to fill the same height, so that would mean 3 by 2. Will play around with this when I get a chance...
Or make it a new View type? I've just replaced the file (using the same name) and it seems to work fine.

Either 3x2 or 4x2 in the same total height makes the H/W ratio of the posters different to the existing 3-2.
3x2 makes them look wider, 4x2 makes them look slimmer, than the existing ratio.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You May Like0