• 273(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Hi,

I hate to be the one that brings the rain everytime but I found 2 new bugs for widgets/shortcuts :
That time I'm sure I have all the latest file. Just downloaded the whole new Git version.

1) Sections missing after Kodi reboot

Some parts of my mixed extended widgets (recommended shows of library data provider, airing today, popular shows, top rated of tmdb, even albums !) doesn't work after Kodi's first reboot. It doesn't matter how long I wait after that, they never reshow up unless I reset/rewrite the widget.

Another one :

When I reset the widget, all is working fine (but it means resetting after every reboot of Kodi Confused) :

2) Some cast still not working for movies TV shows ("recommanded mixed media" and still "next aired" for me) :

Here's a recommended movie :

Here's a recommended TV Show :

Here's Next aired for me :

What I don't understand is that those 3 movies/Tvshows do show up fine with cast and everything in my other sections (when I use my playlists)

Tough one, uh ?
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-08, 19:52)Lockos Wrote: I hate to be the one that brings the rain everytime but I found 2 new bugs for widgets/shortcuts :
That time I'm sure I have all the latest file. Just downloaded the whole new Git version.

Some parts of my mixed extended widgets (recommended shows of library data provider, airing today, popular shows, top rated of tmdb, even albums !) doesn't work after Kodi's first reboot. It doesn't matter how long I wait after that, they never reshow up unless I reset/rewrite the widget.

Another one :

When I reset the widget, all is working fine (but it means resetting after every reboot of Kodi Confused) :

Re-setting the widgets in the management dialog won't actually affect the widget in the way you suggest (trust me on this one, though I'm happy to explain why if you really want to know!) More likely the fact that doing so triggers a menu rebuild which in turn - and more importantly - triggers the skin to reload is somehow causing the widgets to start loading. Easiest test for this would be to add a new menu item with the custom action 'ReloadSkin()' - start Kodi, leave it a minute or two (however long it normally takes you to re-set the widgets Wink) and click it. If the widgets start showing afterwards then we've at least confirmed that the problem isn't with how the widgets are set Smile

The only time I can recall hearing about an issue like this was a user using Emby as a backend - from what little I understood of the conversation, the problem was that Emby wasn't ready when the widgets first loaded, and so no media showed. I'm not sure what the resolution was to this, if indeed there was one.
The reload skin did the trick, but from what I can immediately see it erased all my main menu icons. Did it erased any other of my settings (starting to panic right now).

Edit : rbooting kodi made my icons appear again but also made the problem happen again

No idea for N° 2) ?
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
ReloadSkin() won't affect your icons, or any of your settings - it's exactly the same command Skin Shortcuts performs at the end of a menu build Confused Are you sure this isn't the texture bug rearing its ugly head again? (Which is to say, are the icons back when you restart Kodi?)

(Not useful, I know, if you haven't already made a backup but your entire main menu/widget setup can be backup up by making a copy of userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/, and MadNox from userdata (wiki)/addon_data/skin.aeon.madnox/ - very useful if you ever do run into trouble and need to restore them!)

Edit:- You were too quick for me Tongue Sorry, no idea on #2, it's not my area. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be alone soon.
@Bob : yes no problem with icons after reboot (read my edit).

But in the end, why the problem N°1) also appear again after reboot ? Is there nothing I can do here ?
(2016-03-08, 20:35)BobCratchett Wrote: I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be alone soon.

Did you mean here instead ?
(2016-03-08, 20:51)Lockos Wrote: @Bob : yes no problem with icons after reboot (read my edit).

But in the end, why the problem N°1) also appear again after reboot ? Is there nothing I can do here ?

Because, for whatever reason, the widget providers aren't able to return any results when Kodi first starts. A link to a debug log (wiki) - with any debug logging option that the individual widget providers have also enabled - may provide some clues as to why, but as I said before I've only read about it once before and that with an Emby backend so it may not be an easy issue to track down.

(2016-03-08, 20:53)Lockos Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 20:35)BobCratchett Wrote: I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be alone soon.

Did you mean here instead ?

Actually I was going for the word along. I'm just a really bad typist Smile
I will give you a debug log in the next hours but you have to know that I have no Emby server installed in my set up.

Still not an issue even if it's not Emby ? Big Grin
Wasn't suggesting that it was necessarily Emby, just saying where I've read about a similar issue and what it was in that case Smile Please note that I'm doing some work on an entirely different skin this evening, so I won't actually look through any debug log until tomorrow (and probably tomorrow evening at that). (Someone more knowledgable than I - and presumably someone whose lonely - may of course look at it before then Wink)
Okay, thanks a lot for all Bob, @ least we precised the origin of the bug Wink

(2016-03-08, 21:03)BobCratchett Wrote: (Someone more knowledgable than I - and presumably someone whose lonely -

Do you presume that all coders are a cliché of lonely wankers ? Big Grin
(My apologies in advance for those of the team who will take that doubtful joke too personnally...if not, add me some rep points Big Grin)
Lockos,

I don't think cast has been added to next aired widget yet. That one is for Mike_Doc and Mr. V.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-03-08, 19:52)Lockos Wrote: Hi,

I hate to be the one that brings the rain everytime but I found 2 new bugs for widgets/shortcuts :

2) Some cast still not working for movies TV shows ("recommanded mixed media" and still "next aired" for me) :

Here's a recommended movie :

Here's a recommended TV Show :

Here's Next aired for me :

What I don't understand is that those 3 movies/Tvshows do show up fine with cast and everything in my other sections (when I use my playlists)

Tough one, uh ?

1. I would agree with bob there is something stalling the loading of the widgets. It may have something to do with this. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2163245

2. All fixed. One thing to note is the cast for the flash wont work for the next aired. It doesn't like the (2014) in the name. The same may be true for other media. First the script will check for a Database ID, if the widget content has no Database ID it will use the actual name. Some times skin helper service cant find a match due to the name of the media. Saying that if we could narrow down what characters in names that are having issues matching, I then can ask the question in the skin helper forum.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-08, 23:19)Mr. V Wrote: 2. All fixed. One thing to note is the cast for the flash wont work for the next aired. It doesn't like the (2014) in the name. The same may be true for other media. First the script will check for a Database ID, if the widget content has no Database ID it will use the actual name. Some times skin helper service cant find a match due to the name of the media. Saying that if we could narrow down what characters in names that are having issues matching, I then can ask the question in the skin helper forum.

There is improvement with the latest cast fixes on git, but still :

- Recommended shows and movies casts show well but only if they are in my dB, but I think it's how it should be, (due to the fact that I use local nfo scrapper, the script can't find DBID for casts of those particular movies/TV shows, if Mr V could confirm that it would be great).

- Cast for next aired still doesn't work for me , for none of my shows (not only the flash) so : Am I the only one to have this persistent issue ? (again)
I just don't understand that one cause cast do work fine from the other widgets, that is to say when it's loaded from my playlists.

- For the "stalling widget" issue, I might be able to send you a debug log and a screenshot of my addon folder to look at what could be blocking the script on Kodi boot.

Cheers
(2016-03-09, 00:30)Lockos Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 23:19)Mr. V Wrote: 2. All fixed. One thing to note is the cast for the flash wont work for the next aired. It doesn't like the (2014) in the name. The same may be true for other media. First the script will check for a Database ID, if the widget content has no Database ID it will use the actual name. Some times skin helper service cant find a match due to the name of the media. Saying that if we could narrow down what characters in names that are having issues matching, I then can ask the question in the skin helper forum.

There is improvement with the latest cast fixes on git, but still :

- Recommended shows and movies casts show well but only if they are in my dB, but I think it's how it should be, (due to the fact that I use local nfo scrapper, the script can't find DBID for casts of those particular movies/TV shows, if Mr V could confirm that it would be great).

- Cast for next aired still doesn't work for me , for none of my shows (not only the flash) so : Am I the only one to have this persistent issue ? (again)
I just don't understand that one cause cast do work fine from the other widgets, that is to say when it's loaded from my playlists.

- For the "stalling widget" issue, I might be able to send you a debug log and a screenshot of my addon folder to look at what could be blocking the script on Kodi boot.

Cheers

Cast is working for all widgets for TV shows, Movies and Episode.

I would take a guess that you are the only one the issue. Is the cast working for everyone elseHuhHuh

As I said previously the only exception is for some widgets without a Database ID. It will use the actual title to search for information, if the skin helper service cant find the cast using the title it wont show anything.

Also it quite possible it is related to the stalling issue. The link in the previous post will give you an idea of what you can try yourself to fix the issue.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Here's a screenshot of my addon folder :

Here's a debug log : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110057345/kodi.log

I will take a look on the link given by Mr V.
Meanwhile, if you find something unusual in this...

Thanks in advance !
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39