• 451(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2018-11-02, 15:52)bsoriano Wrote: @mikeSiLVO, it seems that the fix for Live TV Info Bar has made it so whenever you press M on any playing video, you get the PVR info.  Could you please check? Maybe a visibility condition needs to be changed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
 I saw that too, Bart.  Had me wondering, "how did I turn that on, and now, how do I turn it off!" Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-11-02, 15:52)bsoriano Wrote: @mikeSiLVO, it seems that the fix for Live TV Info Bar has made it so whenever you press M on any playing video, you get the PVR info. Could you please check? Maybe a visibility condition needs to be changed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2018-11-02, 16:35)bobrap Wrote:  I saw that too, Bart.  Had me wondering, "how did I turn that on, and now, how do I turn it off!" Smile

Took me a few minutes to realize what you guys meant. I thought you were saying that it was working in Live TV when pressing "M" key and since that is what slipass was saying is broken...

The PVR code is all over the place. Two different includes in three separate dialogs for that LiveTV bar when only 1 is needed Huh Confused Da F**K?!?!?

I just pushed a fix but the spaghetti code makes it hard to know whether or not something else will break. Please let know if all is working or if there is anything else you notice Smile

Thanks.
@mikeSiLVO :

Hi Mike, since the latest GitHub update for Aeon Madnox on Kodi 18.0 Beta 4 I'm having some issues with the Music Library.

Main Menu -> Music -> AddOns:

Main Menu -> Music -> Library:

Main Menu -> Music -> Artists:

Main Menu -> Music -> Albums:

Also, opening any music-related add-on yields the same thing as displayed in the screenshots above.

I've tried erasing skin shortcuts settings and also deleting the entire add-on and re-syncing from GitHub. No change. I haven't tried erasing the "ViewModes6.db" database yet. Am syncing all content to Kodi's add-ons folder apart from any of the GitHub related files (.git folder, .gitattributes, .gitignore, etc).

EDIT: Have tried other skins (Estuary & Arctic Zephyr), none of which exhibit similar issues, so I don't think this is a Kodi issue.
(2018-11-04, 20:58)gibxxi Wrote: @mikeSiLVO :

Hi Mike, since the latest GitHub update for Aeon Madnox on Kodi 18.0 Beta 4 I'm having some issues with the Music Library.

Also, opening any music-related add-on yields the same thing as displayed in the screenshots above.

I've tried erasing skin shortcuts settings and also deleting the entire add-on and re-syncing from GitHub. No change. I haven't tried erasing the "ViewModes6.db" database yet. Am syncing all content to Kodi's add-ons folder apart from any of the GitHub related files (.git folder, .gitattributes, .gitignore, etc).

EDIT: Have tried other skins (Estuary & Arctic Zephyr), none of which exhibit similar issues, so I don't think this is a Kodi issue.

It is skin issue. When I pushed some updates for MusicFlix I put the <visible> tag in the include instead of just the view itself. Stupid mistake but should now be fixed on Git Smile
(2018-11-04, 22:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2018-11-04, 20:58)gibxxi Wrote: @mikeSiLVO :

It is skin issue. When I pushed some updates for MusicFlix I put the <visible> tag in the include instead of just the view itself. Stupid mistake but should now be fixed on Git Smile 

Thanks Mike.

Smile

Gib.
Is this the right repository for Aeon Madnox for Leia? I know there's another one being rewritten but that's not on Github as I remember.

I get confused when I see that changes were made recently but I look at this folder and I see 6 years ago 3 months ago and so on. I do realize the 1080i folder says 4 days ago. I just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeon.madnox
Thanks Mike for keeping the skin alive!

I appreciate it very much!

@twinpeaks yes this is the right one
Just installed th leah version on latest kodi 18 beta 5 on my nvidia shield. I do find it slow to access the menus though, is this normal?

Going to spend the weekend setting it up for my own personal needs.

One thing I have noticed, when setting up submenus there's an option to change the icon. How do I get the icons to show up in the menu? I've got icons showing on th main menu bar and have changed some of them.

Has for setting up the skin itself is it worth following the fismrst few pages in this forum?
(2018-11-08, 19:35)twinpeaks Wrote: Is this the right repository for Aeon Madnox for Leia? I know there's another one being rewritten but that's not on Github as I remember.

I get confused when I see that changes were made recently but I look at this folder and I see 6 years ago 3 months ago and so on. I do realize the 1080i folder says 4 days ago. I just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeon.madnox

That's not strictly correct. The re-write IS on GitHub, but it's undergoing closed testing as it's in an unfinished state and many views / options are as yet either uncoded, or not working. I'm sure the author of the re-write will post here as / when it's ready for public testing. But to answer your question: Yes, your in the right place.

Wink
@mikeSiLVO :

An old issue (I keep forgetting to report), regarding Manfeed's Lyrics add-on. Not sure whether you can do anything about it, but I'm reporting it regardless.

For tracks that have embedded lyrics, that are instrumental tracks, I'm often seeing the following:

Now I think this only occurs for tracks that DO have an embedded lyrics file, but where the contained text (in this case "Instrumental") may be surrounded by special characters like "<" & ">". Unfortunately I am unable to verify this as I have no other program currently, that displays embedded lyrics natively. If you need a sample track for testing, that produces the above error, PM me and I'll provide you with a link to download a sample track.

Dan / Gib.
(2018-11-08, 19:39)meowmoo Wrote: Thanks Mike for keeping the skin alive!

I appreciate it very much!

@twinpeaks yes this is the right one

You're welcome!

If, in the future, you decide that you want to contribute to OG MadNox. You will always have write access to the skin.

I do not mind reviewing after the fact if you would like my input and have the time to work on it in the future Smile

Feel free to talk to me about anything at anytime Wink

(2018-11-09, 16:52)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Just installed th leah version on latest kodi 18 beta 5 on my nvidia shield. I do find it slow to access the menus though, is this normal?

Going to spend the weekend setting it up for my own personal needs.

One thing I have noticed, when setting up submenus there's an option to change the icon. How do I get the icons to show up in the menu? I've got icons showing on th main menu bar and have changed some of them.

Has for setting up the skin itself is it worth following the fismrst few pages in this forum?

I have not looked the code over like a hawk but to the best of my knowledge it is not possible to add icons for the submenu. If there is please post a screenshot and debug log (wiki)

(2018-11-11, 01:03)gibxxi Wrote: @mikeSiLVO :

An old issue (I keep forgetting to report), regarding Manfeed's Lyrics add-on. Not sure whether you can do anything about it, but I'm reporting it regardless.

For tracks that have embedded lyrics, that are instrumental tracks, I'm often seeing the following:

Now I think this only occurs for tracks that DO have an embedded lyrics file, but where the contained text (in this case "Instrumental") may be surrounded by special characters like "<" & ">". Unfortunately I am unable to verify this as I have no other program currently, that displays embedded lyrics natively. If you need a sample track for testing, that produces the above error, PM me and I'll provide you with a link to download a sample track.

Dan / Gib.

This feels like a chicken/egg situation...

Why do instrumental tracks have embedded lyrics in the first place?

If I am not mistaken instrumental explicitly means zero lyrics.

I suggest to open any of those in MP3tag and remove them completely. I also suggest to remove any non-synced lyrics from displaying in the settings for the CULyrics add-on cause they do not really work with the premise of the VideoLyrics.

The one thing I must recommend above anything else is a properly maintained library including any metadata that may need to be fixed to display correctly when using Kodi in an irregular way. I understand that this may be an issue but IMHO there isn't really a way to 100% code the prevention of an unintended use of a skin feature. VideoLyrics is designed for properly synced lyrics and nothing else Confused
Because Mike, people submit them. Don't ask me why, but they do. Much like the idiots who answer the item Q & A section on Amazon, just to tell the OP they don't know the answer to the proposed question.

The thing is, If those lyrics are available on a lyrics provision service / site, they will get downloaded. There's no way of stopping it, other than uninstalling CU-LRC Lyrics. For me, I'd rather not have to trawl through my music collection fixing this, as it's not going to fix it. Next time I play said track(s), with either CU-LRC Lyrics enabled, or use MiniLyrics (If MediaMonkey ever gets MP3 v2.4 tag writing support) I'll be back to square one.

If your not interested in looking into it, just say so. I'd rather you said that, than come up with some convoluted excuse why it's somehow my fault. The issue I'm mainly reporting here is that special characters present in the lyrics file *might* be the cause of the above screenshot, and if that's the case, it will affect other lyrics files on tracks that aren't instrumentals equally as much. I focused on instrumentals, because I've seen more instances of special characters being present in instrumental tracks (acting like a title) that do have lyrics than those (ordinary) tracks which don't. This was when I was still using MediaMonkey + MiniLyrics. But since it doesn't seem to respect (for me) it's own setting not to modify tags (and thus revert them to v2.3 ID3 tags), I don't use it any longer.

It may also equally be the case that I'm way off base with my assumptions, it certainly wouldn't be the first time. But it needs somebody to have a look at it, as it's obviously not handling some files correctly.

Dan / Gib.
(2018-11-18, 22:52)gibxxi Wrote: Because Mike, people submit them. Don't ask me why, but they do. Much like the idiots who answer the item Q & A section on Amazon, just to tell the OP they don't know the answer to the proposed question.

People submit the lyrics embedded in your own music files? I don't understand how that is possible...

(2018-11-18, 22:52)gibxxi Wrote: The thing is, If those lyrics are available on a lyrics provision service / site, they will get downloaded. There's no way of stopping it, other than uninstalling CU-LRC Lyrics. For me, I'd rather not have to trawl through my music collection fixing this, as it's not going to fix it. Next time I play said track(s), with either CU-LRC Lyrics enabled, or use MiniLyrics (If MediaMonkey ever gets MP3 v2.4 tag writing support) I'll be back to square one.

Actually there are a few things you can do. First disable embedded lyrics:
Then you can disable "regular" lyrics:
Lastly, when the lyrics appear you can delete them:

(2018-11-18, 22:52)gibxxi Wrote: If your not interested in looking into it, just say so. I'd rather you said that, than come up with some convoluted excuse why it's somehow my fault. The issue I'm mainly reporting here is that special characters present in the lyrics file *might* be the cause of the above screenshot, and if that's the case, it will affect other lyrics files on tracks that aren't instrumentals equally as much. I focused on instrumentals, because I've seen more instances of special characters being present in instrumental tracks (acting like a title) that do have lyrics than those (ordinary) tracks which don't. This was when I was still using MediaMonkey + MiniLyrics. But since it doesn't seem to respect (for me) it's own setting not to modify tags (and thus revert them to v2.3 ID3 tags), I don't use it any longer.

Where exactly did I come up with some convoluted excuse why it's somehow your fault? You said you have a problem, one that, only you seem to be having. I gave suggestions and my opinion. Let me throw one more suggestion your way and say that this is likely an issue with the CU-LRC add-on cause it appears to be spitting out what looks like malformed code or something.

Also IMHO you're "kinda" being a dick right here.
Hi mike,

i have 5 bug in the actual aeon madnox version.

1: Trailer with youtube plugin doesnt work

2: The start point for the first kodi start doesnt work

3: No Cover in the Musik DB (i dont know if it is an Kodi or an skin problem)

4: No intro video at kodi start

5: No pictures at Records

If you need more infos, let me know....thanks!
(2018-11-23, 23:25)Slipass Wrote: Hi mike,

1: Trailer with youtube plugin doesnt work

Should be fixed on Git now but I did change the call for when there is no ListItem.Trailer saved to use YouTube through Extended Info.

(2018-11-23, 23:25)Slipass Wrote: 2: The start point for the first kodi start doesnt work

Never was a big fan of adding this as putting the 3rd item as the one you would like first is so easy and saves a bunch of code... I have removed this option so please make the third VISIBLE menu item your desired startup entry and it should work...

(2018-11-23, 23:25)Slipass Wrote: 3: No Cover in the Musik DB (i dont know if it is an Kodi or an skin problem)

Not really an issue for either unless you count the skin using Skin Helper Service addon to provide those images as a skin problem...

I switched to using Library Data Provider and it seems to be working now. I assume you are using the recently added albums Live Background.

(2018-11-23, 23:25)Slipass Wrote: 4: No intro video at kodi start

Was removed a long time ago by the powers that be...

(2018-11-23, 23:25)Slipass Wrote: 5: No pictures at Records

Sorry cannot help with this as it looks like Radio PVR (RDS) and I do not have any PVR related access to test this so a volunteer will have to work on that... I will review and add any PR's Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------

FYI, I do not know if I will continue here, probably will but I just don't know ATM. "I'm starting to go off a certain individual in this thread" sic and I really do not appreciate working as hard as I have on this skin just to be thrown aside like nothing I have done mattered when the next "best" thing came along. I am not sure where that "certain individual" had the thought that I owed them something when they have never done anything for me but I digress... This has nothing to with Slipass and I am just venting, shit happens I guess...
  • 451(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39