instant record hotkey for TV?
When I am watching TV I want to be able to press a hotkey on my keyboard to instantly record. At the moment if I want to instantly recording I have to use the mouse to press the on screen record button - is there a way to do this with a hotkey? I have looked at the Wiki but have not found a key which works for instant recording. I have even downloaded the keymap editor addon, but still can't make a hotkey for instant record.

If anyone knows how to do this I would be very grateful as I have spent hours trying to sort this.

Thanks
Helen
I am still not having any luck with this. I tried modifying the keymap file directly and used this code for the hotkey Ctrl and V:

Quote:<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<v mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(Record)</v>
</keyboard>
<global>
</keymap>

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Based on your quoted code, the bottom <global> should be </global>
(2015-07-01, 00:53)rich110 Wrote: Based on your quoted code, the bottom <global> should be </global>

Thanks so much, everything is now working as should be.

Just one other thing - the record hotkey works as long as the key assigned to it does not conflict with any other hotkeys. As an example if I want to set "record" to the letter r, this does not work as it activates rewind instead.

According to the Wiki, Kodi should read / prioritise my keyboard.xml in my user data folder first (AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps), so there should be no need for me to edit the keyboard.xml (Kodi advices against this) in the system data folder to get round this problem. So in theory this should work - so why then does pressing r activate rewind and not record? What am I doing wrong?
You'll have to set both <global> and <fullscreenvideo> to be the recording action.
(2015-07-01, 12:08)Ned Scott Wrote: You'll have to set both <global> and <fullscreenvideo> to be the recording action.

Thanks for this, I updated the code as follows and the r key now works for recording and not for rewind

Quote:<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<r>PlayerControl(Record)</r>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<r>PlayerControl(Record)</r>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

One last thing - what do I have to do if I only want r to work for record if I am watching live TV or radio? For all other situations such as pre recorded content, time shifted stuff, CD etc I want r to act as rewind?

Thanks
Helen
While "global" is global, it gets overridden when there are window-specific mappings in the default map. You can see all the windows that use <r> by default here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml

There's more more details and a full list of these Window IDs (wiki) on the wiki at keymaps (wiki), but feel free to ask here as well. It's a little confusing sometimes, the way Kodi does it :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
instant record hotkey for TV?0