Win Lose remote access to server while Kodi is in foreground
Hi All,

New to the forum. Old user of XBMC and just built a new Media server and looking at running Kodi. So far so good except for one issue that I would like some advice on whether the behaviour is normal or not. I have searched the wiki and the forum for similar symptoms but I am coming up short so I apologise in advance if this has already been answered somewhere else.

OS is Windows 8.1 x64. I can provide hardware specs but this appears to be an application/OS layer issue so underlying hardware should not impact issue.

When I open Kodi into fullscreen mode I am losing remote access to the server and all VM's that are running go offline also. As soon as I "Alt +TAB" out of Kodi everything comes back. The last time this happened I had a file copy occurring in the background and noticed that this was paused when I returned to the desktop.

Remote access issues:

- SMB sharing from OS stops
- Bridged Virtual Machine network connections stop
- No VNC remote access
- No RDP remote access
- No ICMP responses from host OS on any NIC's

It appears that when Kodi is running in the foreground the Windows OS is offline. Is this normal that Kodi pauses underlying OS operations while it is in the foreground or I am experiencing some other unrelated issue? It has been a while since I have used this software so this could be entirely normal, I just can't find any reference to this behaviour.

Thanks
Not sure what the issue was.

Clean install of windows, fully patched, latest drivers and then fresh install of Kodi. Issue is not happening now.

No logs indicated what the issue was but seems to be resolved now.

Cool
Clearly possessed by some form of demon. My Win8.1 box has been happily chugging away with KODI on and not getting sulky like that. Media on a Win7 box accessed via SMB. And I then connect via TeamViewer from a third Win 7 box to change settings. I don't tend to ALT+TAB much instead making heavy use of the START button instead (with Classic Start Menu installed). Never had a problem with any of the connections during use. And I know I will have ALT+TAB'd at some stage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lose remote access to server while Kodi is in foreground0