Alternative Web interfaces with a Responsive Design
I've tried using the web interface that came with Kodi, works ok with laptops and desktops but it get messy on a mobile. I wonder if there is another more adaptive to small screen design.

Since the default skin is an image it doesnt really adapt well and having a more html native elements could be better since the elements will align to the designed with/height.

If there is any recomended UI I should try instead?
Hi,

Chorus and Chorus2(WIP) are just great with responsive layer.

regards
if you use a lot of navigation (device rotation(rotate mobile to navigate and play/pause) or guesture-touch-field and also addons (get addons menues on the mobile), i think my webinterface yarc (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198217) is really good. with music, chorus is much better though. here a video how it works (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltMcKJFewE), where you can see how it is (also layout differences desktop and moblie). this week i will release an update (only small enhancements) on github.

chorus can stream to device (under circumstances), mine can't.

there is a nasty bug in yarc, which makes scolling in long lists of addons-content in chrome for android a pain.
with firefox (android), dolphin browser (android), and maxthon (android) it's no problem.

other chrome based browser (for example the browser of ubuntu touch) seem the have the problem too. iphone (safari) i don't know. and only on touch devices.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
oh and to mention, in yarc you have settings for how long lists shoud be, and you can get rid of pontentialy space consuming elements. you can also let most (only content loaded over internet) pictures be compressed in quality
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Hello,
As you mention that your web interface works on desktop and laptop but not works on mobile or small screen device so your problem solution is Chorus and Chorus2. It a great responsive layer for the responsive design.
The post is older, i use YARC on my mobile devices (Windows phone) and it works awesome!
hi,
as dawed said, it's a long time back. it should work now quite well also with chrome on mobiles.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative Web interfaces with a Responsive Design0