Edimax EW-7811UAC - 5ghz network issues
Seems to be working well now Milhouse Smile

Connecting first time at 433Mhz and doesn't seem to be dropping out like before. Is the plan to put the new driver in to kodi 16 test builds? That would be great!

Cheers
Just an update to say the connection using wireless ac is much better and connecting first time but I am experiencing drop outs watching live TV unfortunately. I will keep testing though!
I guess so, although the route to do that would be for OpenELEC to update with the new driver. It would be good to get a bit more feedback. I'll include this new driver in the test builds starting with #0710.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse
Seems to be working fine in a fresh install on that test build
I've included the updated RTL8812AU driver in the latest test build, currently #0710, so if you could both give that a bit of a thrashing and report back that would be great, as more real-world testing would enhance the chances of PR:4227 being accepted and appearing in a future stable release.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Does Kodi 16 create a new videodb version?, ie I'm currently on video93.

I'll update it tomorrow, out all day today.

Thanks once again for the focussed support.
I've done a fresh install of 0710 and the wireless is working good but I only have it connected wireless N 5ghz.
(2015-07-11, 12:14)bledd Wrote: Does Kodi 16 create a new videodb version?, ie I'm currently on video93.

Yes, v94 for video, and v53 for music.
(2015-07-11, 13:12)rob77 Wrote: I've done a fresh install of 0710 and the wireless is working good but I only have it connected wireless N 5ghz.

Thanks. If possible it would be nice if you could test the other modes, even if just briefly, to check there are no obvious problems.
(2015-07-11, 15:09)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 13:12)rob77 Wrote: I've done a fresh install of 0710 and the wireless is working good but I only have it connected wireless N 5ghz.

Thanks. If possible it would be nice if you could test the other modes, even if just briefly, to check there are no obvious problems.

Done a brief test and unfortunately live TV skips, buffers and then looses connection within a few minutes. That is connected via ac.
Is that using 2.4GHz?
No that is using 5Ghz which is needed for wireless ac. It runs perfectly on 5Ghz with wireless N though.
Ok, so 11n 5GHz now works better with the new driver than it did before. I'm guessing that 11ac didn't work well with the old driver either - would be worth confirming that if you could.

How well does 11g/11n on 2.4GHz work with the new driver, as this appears to be fine with the old driver and regressions on 2.4GHz wouldn't be good.
Wireless N works well with the new driver but I think the old driver worked okay too. On the wireless ac side there is improvement as it connects first time everytime and the old driver did not. But it is still unusable as it buffers and drops out. I have just upgraded my routers firmware but that didn't go well. The new firmware connected the devices at 200 Mbps on wireless N instead of 150 Mbps and I had the same problem with the edimax dropping out almost immediately. I have rolled back now and connected at 150 Mbps and it is running well again. Perhaps the wireless adaptor has trouble connecting at over 150 Mbps and this is the problem and it is not because of wireless ac?

2.4Ghz works well.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edimax EW-7811UAC - 5ghz network issues0