• 5(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-07-11, 12:30)Schumix Wrote: Same here, i've tried with a wired Logitech and Microsoft mouse.
When i don't use the scroll function it all works good, but when i only once use the scroll function i get the same strange behaviour as written above and i have to reboot my RPi2.

There's a new mousewheel commit in newclock4 that will be in the next build, and this seems to fix the remaining mouse/mousewheel issues.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Okay, thank you for the update, Milhouse.
I will test the next build and report back.
Quote:Sorry for being thick but I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to by "Media Info" window, nor do I have an "Add music" option in Music -> Add-ons (I have "Get more...") - can you provide screenshots of these windows, so that we're on the same page etc.
Here is the screenshot of the window where the %CPU is around 90% when playing FLAC file
http://imgur.com/frM8ETv

Here is the screenshot of the window with "Add music".
http://imgur.com/PbzYemL
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Just one thing noticed in this build when you make and changes in settings pop up screen asking to save says home instead of yes and no

Keep up great work Smile
(2015-07-11, 21:11)M32134c╘ Wrote: Just one thing noticed in this build when you make and changes in settings pop up screen asking to save says home instead of yes and no

Keep up great work Smile

fixed in next build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-07-11, 19:12)MrNice Wrote: Here is the screenshot of the window with "Add music".
http://imgur.com/PbzYemL

Thanks, I've been able to reproduce on the Pi1 and identified the first "bad" build, it's #0304.

My steps to reproduce:
  1. "systemctl stop kodi"
  2. "mv .kodi .kodi.bak"
  3. "systemctl start kodi"
  4. Wait for system to become idle (in top/bcmstat.sh, I wait for %iowait to be consistently zero) - idle CPU load should be about 9% on a "clean" 1GHz Pi1
  5. Enter Music > Files (complete first run wizard if required)
  6. In #0303, CPU load remains about 8-9% @1GHz, but in #0304 the CPU load is 45-50%
It's not obviously dirtyregions rendering - at least, nothing is shown when visualizedirtyregions is enabled - however there are a couple of dirty-region optimisations that are introduced in in #0304, which might explain the overhead.

There is absolutely nothing being written to the log (even with all logging components enabled) that would explain the additional processing so I'm not sure what the cause is... there are some add-on related changes in #0304, could this be the cause, searching for addons, maybe? (edit: audioencoder add-ons were changed in #0303 - looking at wrong post, d'oh)

Certainly, something unnecessary/excessive now seems to be occurring in Music, and might also explain recent reports of poor performance when playing music (as CPU cycles are being wasted on something other than playing music).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-12, 00:52)Milhouse Wrote: Thanks, I've been able to reproduce on the Pi1 and identified the first "bad" build, it's #0304.

Interesting. Can't see an obviously suspicious commit there. Can you confirm if it's in the firmware/newclock4/kodi/openelec groups to begin with?
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0711: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.1 #1 Sun Jul 12 00:56:02 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul  8 2015 18:11:40
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9702675b541cff9f37d30decd45f5e21bf4d9a34 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150712005512-#0711-ga7bea58 [Build #0711]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001568.665: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (a7bea58d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (49a51096, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Improved mouse wheel support
  2. Add support for specifying the image scaling algorithm
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • FIX: [droid] manually download obb if store failed (PR:7466, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [fix][libexif] Various fixes for exif processing (PR:7472, 6 commits, 6 files changed)
    • [PVR] fix possible stack overflow (PR:7471, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FIXUP: [droid;obb] be sure the obb dir exists (PR:7479, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [d3d11] A few optimizations of shaders and fixes. (PR:7468, 5 commits, 13 files changed)
    • jsonrpc: fix API definition for setting's "level" (PR:7482, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [xbmc][gui][fix] Fix odd labels in dialogs (PR:7484, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • Initalize vars claimed by valgrind / write classname instead 'PVR' in… (PR:7323, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • Revert "[PVR] Series Recordings: Reduce PVR_ADDON_TIMERTYPE_VALUES_AR… (PR:7481, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. libcec:
    • fixed: don't generate an invalid env.h when not built with the .git dir present. closes #112 (2f32a9de)
    • changed: removed dupe changelog and point to debian/changelog.in instead (21e803c4)
    • updated README.md (d997b9aa)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Mouse wheel support for X11-less linux distros (openelec) (b79008b9)
      • printf call replaced by CLog::Log (0101fd62)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [input] Handle mouse scrollwheel events (da304f84)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:6986: support specifying the image scaling algorithm for image resizing/caching
(2015-07-12, 01:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 00:52)Milhouse Wrote: Thanks, I've been able to reproduce on the Pi1 and identified the first "bad" build, it's #0304.

Interesting. Can't see an obviously suspicious commit there. Can you confirm if it's in the firmware/newclock4/kodi/openelec groups to begin with?

That's a bit tricky, as it's rather difficult to build these old builds, although I'll have a go tomorrow.

There's no firmware change between #0303/#0304 (I linked to build #0303 by mistake, you may want to re-check the changelog of #0304), so unlikely to be firmware. There's only one OpenELEC change in #0304, which would have no effect on RPi, and there's a handful of XBMC changes.

The most relevant change would seem to be the two dirtyregion additions in newclock4, however these are no longer in newclock4 and don't appear to have been merged into Kodi, so might have been dropped or morphed into a change elsewhere.
I see the same to a lesser extent on my Pi2. Idle cpu is 1.2%. Going into either music or videos, both put the cpu above 8%
I am on build 0706
(2015-07-11, 15:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 12:30)Schumix Wrote: Same here, i've tried with a wired Logitech and Microsoft mouse.
When i don't use the scroll function it all works good, but when i only once use the scroll function i get the same strange behaviour as written above and i have to reboot my RPi2.

There's a new mousewheel commit in newclock4 that will be in the next build, and this seems to fix the remaining mouse/mousewheel issues.

I've tested the new build (#0711) with 'improved mouse wheel support' for about 30 minutes (thorough) and it seems that all the problems reported before have been solved, so i'm happy.
Is it possible to build this AudioDSP in Raspberry builds?
(2015-07-12, 02:07)Milhouse Wrote: The most relevant change would seem to be the two dirtyregion additions in newclock4, however these are no longer in newclock4 and don't appear to have been merged into Kodi, so might have been dropped or morphed into a change elsewhere.

From #304, all 3 newclock4 changes could possibly affect performance. The other changes don't look likely to me.
I'll see if I can work out how to revert those changes when I'm back home (I'm away this weekend),
but the dirty rectangle code has probably changed a few times since then, so may not be easy to revert.
(2015-07-12, 10:15)banesi Wrote: Is it possible to build this AudioDSP in Raspberry builds?
It's in the process of being merged into master, so have a little more patience.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0712: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.1 #1 Sun Jul 12 22:27:36 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul  8 2015 18:11:40
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9702675b541cff9f37d30decd45f5e21bf4d9a34 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150712222647-#0712-ga7bea58 [Build #0712]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001555.809: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (a7bea58d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4b122b1e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Only Kodi commits
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [Python] add xbmcgui.Dialog().textviewer() (PR:7271, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • CVE-2015-3885 fix (PR:7141, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Make kodi-send.py cwd-independent. (PR:7193, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert "changed: Implement native Stat/Exists functions for Webdav" (PR:7487, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [backport] WIP: nonlinear stretch 16:9 setting for 4:3 video display (PR:7387, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: add a method to avoid requeting HTTP Header (PR:7407, 1 commit, 29 files changed)
    • No Warnings (PR:6583, 9 commits, 13 files changed)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10