OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
@popcornmix: this is the commit that causes the high CPU load in Music > Files in build #0304:

test: fix for dirty rendering with skipped updates

If the above commit is reverted from #0304, the high CPU load in Music disappears. Leave it in, and there is high CPU load.

This "test" commit remained in newclock4 until build #0407, at which point the "test" commit appears to be merged into a separate commit:

renderer: Allow gui updates to be skipped when playing video

which had been in newclock4 since #0125.

This second "renderer" commit subsequently merged into Kodi on 9 April (#0409) as part of PR:6898, which helps explain why we still have high CPU load in Music in current master builds even though the "test" commit is no longer around.

I then tried to revert only the "test" commit from a current tip of master Kodi 16 build, but this didn't have any noticeable effect (I verified the code has been reverted from Application.cpp correctly) so maybe another change (possibly in PR:6898) is compounding this issue...

The extra CPU load is definitely GUI related as mass or continuous GUI updates (eg. scrolling text) are about the only thing that sends my CPU temp through the roof, and leaving Kodi on Music > Files in a current build (or #0304 with "test" commit included) will eventually result in the RPi1 SoC temperature reaching 85C...

I'll see if I can build #0409 with and without PR6898 to see if that has any effect, although it may be a little later on today.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-07-13, 08:29
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10