• 12(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-07-19, 06:25)Milhouse Wrote: Build #0718b without PR7495: RPi / RPi2

No issues for me also so far...
Still no issues with Build #0718b on RPi2...
Thanks @Milhouse and @virtuallysafe for testing.
I have had a gui "freak out" twice now in OE build (like an animation keeps repeating the last couple of frames). There were GPU errors in the log (resource/allocation failed).

I've been trying to reproduce in debug environment but no luck so far. Using default confluence and different movie nodes in thumbnail view and scrolling from top to bottom a number of times, but not hit it yet. It possibly needs something specific to trigger it (perhaps a very long title).
@Milhouse can you reproduce with texturecache's stress-test mode?

Anyway dropping PR:7495 from tonight's build sounds sensible and we'll see is there are fewer bug reports.
Trying 0718b with advanced deinterlacing and overlock:

core_freq=500
v3d_freq=500
h264_freq=500
over_voltage=4

and

echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

So far everything is working well after an hour or two of live TV, no weird stuck navigation . Thanks for working through this!
(2015-07-19, 14:44)popcornmix Wrote: @Milhouse can you reproduce with texturecache's stress-test mode?

I'm running a stress-test against a freshly booted #0718 (which has PR7495) but it's not provoking the issue.

I can generally get it to happen by scrolling through Movies (Thumbnail view, 48 pages), then scrolling through another screen (ie. Movies > Recently Added in Fanart view), if necessary scrolling again through Movies, then again Recently Added, until eventually it will happen.

I wonder if there's a limit on the number of font items being cached (or maybe leaked?), and it's not enough to exceed the limit in Movies alone, but when moving to another screen (or navigating around the UI for long enough) the limit is eventually exceeded.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Can anyone be so kind to share the pvr.hts add on? I'm running Raspbian on my Rpi2, and the outdated 1.9.40 add-on doesn't work with Kodi 15. I've tried to build it, but the whole cmake thing is a massive pain in the ass.
(2015-07-19, 22:34)SirJohnDoe Wrote: Can anyone be so kind to share the pvr.hts add on? I'm running Raspbian on my Rpi2, and the outdated 1.9.40 add-on doesn't work with Kodi 15. I've tried to build it, but the whole cmake thing is a massive pain in the ass.

Download the tar, untar the contents, mount SYSTEM file as squashfs and then extract what you need.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0719: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.2 #1 Sun Jul 19 21:03:07 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 16 2015 19:12:56
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version bc619b5e5aa64f2b5fdd24f6b6a4e61907027a35 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150719210202-#0719-g40fa430 [Build #0719]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001572.247: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (40fa430c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5cd5c028, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop PR7495 (fontcache) as possible source of GUI corruption
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • installer clean up (PR:4235, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • connman: make sure we have fallback namesrvers in resolv.conf (abf609d0)
    • scripts/checkdeps: cvs is no more Wink (28673760)
    • pvr.mythtv: update to pvr.mythtv-538e24d (40fa430c)
  2. XBMC:
    • [guilib] fix first letter remains visible in keyboard dialog (PR:7541, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [confluence] fix overlapping mutebug on musicvisualization and OSD (PR:7529, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [resource.images.weathericons.default] fix addon.xml missing import of kodi.resource (thanks uNiversaI) (5cd5c028)
  3. pvr.mythtv:
    • 3.1.0 (PR:17, 16 commits, 29 files changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! build: Allow installed links to be overwritten (3e678af2)
      • [dllloader] Fix logging of dlls without absolute path (38c5f669)
      • changed: For memory file cache there's no point creating a bigger cache than filesize (1e7489d2)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: PR:4240: [libcec] Add repeating key support from popcornmix repo
(2015-07-19, 23:47)Milhouse Wrote: Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • installer clean up (PR:4235, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • connman: make sure we have fallback namesrvers in resolv.conf (abf609d0)
    • scripts/checkdeps: cvs is no more Wink (28673760)
    • pvr.mythtv: update to pvr.mythtv-538e24d (40fa430c)
  2. XBMC:
    • [guilib] fix first letter remains visible in keyboard dialog (PR:7541, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [confluence] fix overlapping mutebug on musicvisualization and OSD (PR:7529, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [resource.images.weathericons.default] fix addon.xml missing import of kodi.resource (thanks uNiversaI) (5cd5c028)
  3. pvr.mythtv:
    • 3.1.0 (PR:17, 16 commits, 29 files changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! build: Allow installed links to be overwritten (3e678af2)
      • [dllloader] Fix logging of dlls without absolute path (38c5f669)
      • changed: For memory file cache there's no point creating a bigger cache than filesize (1e7489d2)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: PR:4240: [libcec] Add repeating key support from popcornmix repo

For those that use the Dev Update add-on to install these builds - with the latest version (v4.11.0) you can now press Info to show the build details on screen.
Report any issues here.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-07-19, 04:37)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 01:49)parcel Wrote: Anyone experienced infinite stuck scrolling in listbox of items in GUI?

I've seen this now, most likely a manifestation of the GUI "freak out" - I'm currently testing a debug build #0718x, have scrolled around Movies (Thumbnail view) without any incident, then scrolled through Movies > Recently Added (Fanart view) and left it on the first item with plot scrolling. After a few minutes the scrolling stopped (the plot is actually "bouncing" up and down by a couple of pixels) and the blade menu and other assets are flickering.

While typing this, the "Dim" screensaver has activated (447.962555 in debug-enabled crash-log), and the screen has gone completely black.

Pressing "Right" button has no effect (screen/GUI doesn't re-activate).

Pressing "OK" (starting playback of the second item in Recently Added list, 565.886353 in log) eventually causes kodi.bin to crash.

Will try a build without the font-cache commit, although looking at this particular crash it appears to be gpu/qpu related. However this crash may just be a consequence of some other GPU problem (eg. memory corruption) that has already occurred previously.

I also got same problem. Thank you Smile
(2015-07-20, 00:11)Leopold Wrote: For those that use the Dev Update add-on to install these builds - with the latest version (v4.11.0) you can now press Info to show the build details on screen.
Report any issues here.

Very nice! Smile

Seems to be working well here!
Well crap... I just had a crash with #0719... the system had been up a while, idle, I updated Leopolds addon, viewed the info for a few builds to test the addon, then scrolled through Movies in Thumbnail view and then Kodi crashed.

http://sprunge.us/KHJa
I've been finding it a lot harder to reproduce another crash with #0719, so far I've only seen the one crash (post #177). Maybe the crash in #0719 is entirely different to that in previous builds (the crashlog looks a little different)?

I've uploaded a debug-enabled build #0719x should anyone else have more luck reproducing a crash: RPi / RPi2
(2015-07-19, 18:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 14:44)popcornmix Wrote: @Milhouse can you reproduce with texturecache's stress-test mode?

I'm running a stress-test against a freshly booted #0718 (which has PR7495) but it's not provoking the issue.

I can generally get it to happen by scrolling through Movies (Thumbnail view, 48 pages), then scrolling through another screen (ie. Movies > Recently Added in Fanart view), if necessary scrolling again through Movies, then again Recently Added, until eventually it will happen.

I wonder if there's a limit on the number of font items being cached (or maybe leaked?), and it's not enough to exceed the limit in Movies alone, but when moving to another screen (or navigating around the UI for long enough) the limit is eventually exceeded.

I don't know if this has something to do with this.... But for many releases (also back into 15) I see problems with Thumbnail on fresh installations. I have folders with videos in, that also contains tbn files (same names as the videos). And on first time I enter the folders, only about 70% of the Thumbnail are loaded on screen. If I skip the folder, and go back into it again... then now all Thumbnail are showing up fine.
If I add a new movie, then same problem again, as the Thumnail picture (only the new movie) is now showing on firste time. I have to exit and then enter the folder again.

Best regards
Been running 0718b and now 0719 with advanced deinterlacing enabled and overclock:

core_freq=500
v3d_freq=500
h264_freq=500
over_voltage=4

So far no more crashes and the deinterlacing looks great!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10