• 27(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
Hi, I got build #801 running on a RPi2 and now I am trying to get DVB-T live tv going. Where I am stuck is how to activate/download the vdr server component. I found only the VNSI client. I have activated and updated Kodi, OpenElec and inofficial repository, but only tvheadend is available. Card is recognized:

# dmesg | grep em28
[ 9.167924] em28xx: New device TerraTec Electronic GmbH TerraTec H5 @ 480 Mbps (0ccd:10ad, interface 0, class 0)
[ 9.167951] em28xx: Audio interface 0 found (Vendor Class)
[ 9.167959] em28xx: Video interface 0 found: isoc
[ 9.167967] em28xx: DVB interface 0 found: isoc
[ 9.168782] em28xx: chip ID is em2884
[ 9.231457] em2884 #0: EEPROM ID = 26 00 01 00, EEPROM hash = 0xbd70b89e
[ 9.231461] em2884 #0: EEPROM info:
[ 9.231466] em2884 #0: microcode start address = 0x0004, boot configuration = 0x01
[ 9.240924] em2884 #0: I2S audio, 5 sample rates
[ 9.240930] em2884 #0: 500mA max power
[ 9.240946] em2884 #0: Table at offset 0x36, strings=0x189c, 0x326a, 0x1ab4
[ 9.242231] em2884 #0: Identified as Terratec Cinergy H5 (card=79)
[ 9.242254] em2884 #0: analog set to isoc mode.
[ 9.242260] em2884 #0: dvb set to isoc mode.
[ 9.242484] usbcore: registered new interface driver em28xx
[ 9.390217] em2884 #0: Binding DVB extension
[ 13.123141] DVB: registering new adapter (em2884 #0)
[ 13.132790] em2884 #0: DVB extension successfully initialized
[ 13.132811] em28xx: Registered (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension

Kinda stuck here. I realize this build is bleeding edge. Repository not up to date maybe?
Shall I install a release version? Thank you for any tips.
Katastrophentourist
(2015-08-03, 03:29)Mfleigle Wrote: Adding
Code:
<splash>false</splash>
Seem to make the OS freeze.

Does the freeze happen when the skin is Confluence, or only when the skin is xperience1080? And when you say "OS freeze", do you mean you can no longer connect via ssh?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-03, 03:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 03:29)Mfleigle Wrote: Adding
Code:
<splash>false</splash>
Seem to make the OS freeze.

Does the freeze happen when the skin is Confluence, or only when the skin is xperience1080? And when you say "OS freeze", do you mean you can no longer connect via ssh?
I was using xperience1080. After the splash video it appeared to load the homescreen, and the picture froze. Kodi restarted itself (I also deleted advancedsettings around the same time). Sorry I'm not very good at giving bug reports Blush.

And I was wrong, it happens will confluence. It boots, seems to load the home screen, then crashes (Kodi restarts.) After the restart its a blank screen. I have tried this with and without the splash enabled.
(2015-08-03, 03:40)MarkT Wrote: Where I am stuck is how to activate/download the vdr server component. I found only the VNSI client.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2060882
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-03, 03:52)Mfleigle Wrote: I was using xperience1080. After the splash video it appeared to load the homescreen, and the picture froze. Kodi restarted itself (I also deleted advancedsettings around the same time). Sorry I'm not very good at giving bug reports Blush.

And I was wrong, it happens will confluence. It boots, seems to load the home screen, then crashes (Kodi restarts.) After the restart its a blank screen. I have tried this with and without the splash enabled.

Please upload your most recent crashlog:
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)
(2015-08-03, 03:56)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 03:52)Mfleigle Wrote: I was using xperience1080. After the splash video it appeared to load the homescreen, and the picture froze. Kodi restarted itself (I also deleted advancedsettings around the same time). Sorry I'm not very good at giving bug reports Blush.

Please upload your most recent crashlog:
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

http://sprunge.us/XCYV
@Mfleigle many thanks, I've added a comment to PR7650.
Milhouse are you still getting the freezes with the sample video?

Also another question. Lets say that when using livetv video stream the video stalls (freeze) but the gui is still responsive. Is it possible to add a feature that for example under livetv menu the system will detect if the stream has been stalled and it will just stop and start the stream automatically, if it happens.
(2015-08-03, 06:23)illiac4 Wrote: Milhouse are you still getting the freezes with the sample video?

Last build I tested (#0731) would freeze, but only when overclocked (tested with RPF PSU). No freeze with default clocks.

This might mean my overclock is too aggressive (although it has been stable for everything else except when testing deinterlaced material), or perhaps a slight deinterlace timing issue that only becomes apparent at higher clocks...?

Later this evening I'll re-test with less aggressive overclocks and see if I can still provoke a freeze.
I have the same observation. It does not freeze the gui when not overclocked. But it happens that video still stalls. What do you think about restart stream if stream stalls?

Try those:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
over_voltage=4
gpu_freq=400
v3d_freq=300
avoid_pwm_pll=1
for me #0731 did not freeze in live tv nor crash anywhere else since I installed it. As other users have reported even not beeing able to boot with their old overclocking settings, it seems that current firmware is not as tolerant as before.
(2015-08-03, 08:22)L-S-D Wrote: for me #0731 did not freeze in live tv nor crash anywhere else since I installed it. As other users have reported even not beeing able to boot with their old overclocking settings, it seems that current firmware is not as tolerant as before.

The advanced qpu deinterlace is very heavily optimised. That means it draws a lot of power and is likely to stress an overclock more than the simpler bob deinterlace.
If you get crashes when overclocking and using advanced deinterlace, then reduce the overclock (v3d_freq, or the general gpu_freq are the most significant).
A better power supply may help (depends if you are hitting a chip limit or power supply limit).
Increasing over_voltage may help.
I'm currently not having any problems, just noticed that some guys have kernel panic during start up, where advanced deinterlacer (and probably most of the gfx engine) is not yet in use....

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2069736
(2015-08-03, 01:31)J_E_F_F Wrote: Build #802

I have (2) Rpi2, one works the other fails to boot with overclock enabled. Works with overclock disabled.
Kernel Panic with overclock
Worked fine on ~#726

Too high an overclock causing random crashes isn't necessarily a software problem. If you can provide stronger evidence,
e.g. exact build that starts failing, and state that previous build booted and ran ten times in a row and failing build fails to boot ten times in a row,
then I can check if there was something in that build that may have caused it and we can see if others see a similar effect.
(2015-08-03, 13:34)popcornmix Wrote: Too high an overclock causing random crashes isn't necessarily a software problem. If you can provide stronger evidence,
e.g. exact build that starts failing, and state that previous build booted and ran ten times in a row and failing build fails to boot ten times in a row,
then I can check if there was something in that build that may have caused it and we can see if others see a similar effect.

I've had a closer look at the last turbo mode change and have spotted something suspicious, so I've pushed a fix for that.
It is possible that could fix some overclock related crashes.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10