• 45(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-14, 15:10)zaphod24 Wrote: The freezes I am getting are the kind that are only corrected with a reboot. Even then, I end up having to pull the power. After the freeze occurs (which includes any SSH sessions I have going) I am able to log back on with SSH, but running bcmstat.sh results in hang that I can only cancel with ctrl-c. I've tried overclocking, no overclocking, force_turbo=1, disable_auto_turbo=1. The only thing that doesn't eventually result in a freeze while skipping/seeking in a video is to change deinterlacing from MMAL-Advanced back to Auto (which is Bob). My content is typically live or recorded TV in mpeg2 1080i60 format.

Can you provide a sample file that exhibits this behaviour? I'd like to be able to reproduce this.
(2015-08-14, 15:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 15:10)zaphod24 Wrote: The freezes I am getting are the kind that are only corrected with a reboot. Even then, I end up having to pull the power. After the freeze occurs (which includes any SSH sessions I have going) I am able to log back on with SSH, but running bcmstat.sh results in hang that I can only cancel with ctrl-c. I've tried overclocking, no overclocking, force_turbo=1, disable_auto_turbo=1. The only thing that doesn't eventually result in a freeze while skipping/seeking in a video is to change deinterlacing from MMAL-Advanced back to Auto (which is Bob). My content is typically live or recorded TV in mpeg2 1080i60 format.

Can you provide a sample file that exhibits this behaviour? I'd like to be able to reproduce this.

Sure! I'm uploading a 12 minute sample to google drive. It's ~1gb so it may take several hours with my slow 512k upstream speed. I'll post a link when it finally finishes uploading. To reproduce the issue with advanced deinterlacing enabled I just start playback and then skip forward 10 times for 1 min increments. Usually by then it will freeze. The odd thing is that periodically the sound will continue playing, stop for a while, play some more and so on but the picture never changes from the freeze point. As I mentioned before, it also freezes any ssh sessions I have going and when I reconnect with ssh the bcmstat.sh command hangs with no output. I can try to reboot but eventually have to pull the power.
(2015-08-14, 14:50)zequiqac Wrote: Hello, I have a Rpi2 and am very happy with everything you have to give this little gizmo !. For a long time I have been following the forum, and at first, all I congratulate you for the extraordinary work they do and the dedication with which they do.
Now, the question, wchick132 have seen something more about the problem file playback X265 / HEVC ?. I have exactly the same problems (including the latest version, # 813), if the video does not have subtitles or stick reproduce without problems, but if the video has a subtitle (regardless of extension or file encoding) presents some pixelations in reproduction. I tried everything:

Overclock / No Overclock
Auto / interlaced Off / On
Advanced MMAL / Bob / Bob Half / MMAL Advanced Half / Automatic

But I always came to the conclusion that the subtitles should be causing some kind of problem, because without them reproduction is excellent !!.
If I can help with any record, video, tests, etc., let me know !.
Thank you very much!

I'm sorry, but English is not my native language, Google helps a bit with communication (or not communication) Smile

Not sure it's memory leak related, but playback problem of x265/HEVC + subtitles exhibit the similar behavior as iptv add-on did. I also tried changing the GUI update to slowest (5fps) or maximum (unlimited), or display refresh rate so as to match to frame rate of the video file but didn't help.

Please note that playback of x265/HEVC is flawless when without subtitles. However I never had a problem when playing x264 videos with subtitles, no matter it's srt, ass (more complicated with font size and color changed, Chinese and English together etc.), Subtitle issues, for me, only happened with x265/HEVC videos, and it was playing fine for build #0712 or before.
Crash? Then you'll have a crashlog.
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

I took the SD card out, resized the partitions and loaded your test build.
Here's the crashlog

############## kodi CRASH LOG ###############

################ SYSTEM INFO ################
Date: Fri Aug 14 14:17:08 BST 2015
kodi Options: --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
Arch: armv6l
Kernel: Linux 4.1.4 #1 Fri Aug 14 02:07:08 BST 2015
Release: OpenELEC devel-20150814020026-#0813x-gcac5a18
############## END SYSTEM INFO ##############

############### STACK TRACE #################
=====> Core file: /storage/.cache/cores/core.!usr!lib!kodi!kodi.bin.1439558220.389
=========================================

Earlier crashlogs actually have more in them
(2015-08-14, 15:46)keynet Wrote: Earlier crashlogs actually have more in them

Nothing useful in there. Were the earlier crash logs due to the same issue? If so then can you post one of those?
(2015-08-14, 15:36)wchick132 Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 14:50)zequiqac Wrote: Hello, I have a Rpi2 and am very happy with everything you have to give this little gizmo !. For a long time I have been following the forum, and at first, all I congratulate you for the extraordinary work they do and the dedication with which they do.
Now, the question, wchick132 have seen something more about the problem file playback X265 / HEVC ?. I have exactly the same problems (including the latest version, # 813), if the video does not have subtitles or stick reproduce without problems, but if the video has a subtitle (regardless of extension or file encoding) presents some pixelations in reproduction. I tried everything:

Overclock / No Overclock
Auto / interlaced Off / On
Advanced MMAL / Bob / Bob Half / MMAL Advanced Half / Automatic

But I always came to the conclusion that the subtitles should be causing some kind of problem, because without them reproduction is excellent !!.
If I can help with any record, video, tests, etc., let me know !.
Thank you very much!

I'm sorry, but English is not my native language, Google helps a bit with communication (or not communication) Smile

Not sure it's memory leak related, but playback problem of x265/HEVC + subtitles exhibit the similar behavior as iptv add-on did. I also tried changing the GUI update to slowest (5fps) or maximum (unlimited), or display refresh rate so as to match to frame rate of the video file but didn't help.

Please note that playback of x265/HEVC is flawless when without subtitles. However I never had a problem when playing x264 videos with subtitles, no matter it's srt, ass (more complicated with font size and color changed, Chinese and English together etc.), Subtitle issues, for me, only happened with x265/HEVC videos, and it was playing fine for build #0712 or before.

Exactly, the problem occurs only (at least in my case) file X265 / HEVC + subtitles. The same file, without subtitles, is played to the end without problems.
And only occurs in files X265 / HEVC, x264 with subtitles is reproduced perfectly.
In the version # 712 (or earlier) I played X265 / HEVC files with bitrate 2000 (~) without a single pixelation, this is extraordinary !!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2015-08-14, 15:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 14:46)illiac4 Wrote: Hmm this is problematic since i have only 768kb upload. I can make the connection so that you will be able to connect through your livetv to my server but it will be jerky but still you will be able to observe memory leak. I can create a iptv simple addon link to m3u with hosting if you want.

Can you explain the evidence that says there is a leak? Can you report the output of "free -h" at start of playback, after a while, and then just before hang?

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # free
             total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem:        755744       520204       235540         5148        43192
-/+ buffers:             477012       278732
Swap:            0            0            0
Mem:        755744       525232       230512         5148        43220
-/+ buffers:             482012       273732
Mem:        755744       540444       215300         5260        43316
-/+ buffers:             497128       258616
Mem:        755744       568488       187256         5260        43460
-/+ buffers:             525028       230716
Mem:        755744       583392       172352         5260        43540
-/+ buffers:             539852       215892
@illiac4 again I don't see a memory leak. You want to look at the free column and the "-/+ buffers" row.
Your last run still has 215M free. Unless that number heads towards zero then I don't think it's a memory leak.
will ssh access to this pi gave you any clue?
(2015-08-14, 16:22)illiac4 Wrote: will ssh access to this pi gave you any clue?

Lets see if I can reproduce zaphod24's hang with the file he's uploading. Maybe that is the same issue.
Otherwise, keep an eye out for the same behaviour when playing a file. If you get a repeatable hang from a file, then that will be easier to reproduce and debug.
It is not a file. It is stream. The funny thing is if i play if i record this file then it does not produce the crash. The MEM on debug screen of left upper screen is constantly getting lower this is why i thought that there is a memory leak.
(2015-08-14, 02:49)keynet Wrote: Since #0802 using VNSI PVR plugin, startup has been hit-and-miss.
Using latest VNSI from Git
Kodi always reports that "No PVR addon has been started..." (though it has) and nothing seems to be logged any more.
If PVR starts OK, then all seems OK, but it's about 50/50 as to succesful startup or a crash when loading the PVR data

Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant but I was getting exactly this ''pvr add-on not started'' loop, and then ( i think it was fritsch) said it was a pvr bug

This what he said:

That's a bug in PVR itself.

Go to addons, click the vnsi addon, go to its settings and press okay there once. Then enable it ...

worked for me :-)

pootler
OMG after many month of thinking that the bug is in kodi it seems that hyperion ambilight is causing problem. Oh now it will be another challenge to find out how to fix itSad
I'm on #809 and haven't noticed any lockups skipping forward with SD Freeview MPEG2 recordings but it has been doing so when trying to skip backwards, when it either completely freezes or just the picture does, whilst the audio plays. I've been able to stop playback though, haven't had to reboot or pull the power.

I'll install the latest debug build and try and recreate with that.
(2015-08-13, 23:06)Milhouse Wrote: [*]New firmware with fix for lockup when starting playback

This seems to fix my lockup issues. On top of that build I added the night before:
Code:
disable_auto_turbo=1
No lockups so far, but this needs some time to get sure. I also need to test without the config parameter. Not sure how and if they are related.

(2015-08-14, 12:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 19:23)gandharva Wrote: Crash during video playback in latest nightly #0812.

Code:
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x0096abc4 in PLT_CtrlPoint::RenewSubscriber(NPT_Reference<PLT_EventSubscriber>) ()

Full log: http://pastebin.com/JrJruQeR

Can you describe the uPnP devices on your network?
Using this debug build (needs expanded FAT partition) will probably give a better backtrace that would be useful.
I do not use any UPNP devices. In fact I even have disabled UPNP in Kodi Settings. I googled this error before posting and all I could find was UPNP related stuff. Really strange...
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10