• 51(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-19, 01:34)f1vefour Wrote: Why are the latest builds so much slower to boot? It's like they are waiting for something, nothing wrong just booting slow.

Both on P1 and 2.

How much slower? Is your network slow to come up? Is it slower before you get to the Kodi splash (ie. kodi started) or is Kodi itself slower to start? When did it suddenly become slower?

Can you post a debug log (wiki) (showing the complete boot sequence), "dmesg | paste" and "journalctl --no-pager | paste".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I don't currently have Internet at home Milhouse (modem issue), it's slow to show the animated splash. It sits on the OpenELEC screen for about 40 seconds, shows the animation then the new blue and black screen for about a second and finally the UI. It's all the #8xx builds I have tested.

The last 7 series build boots quickly, #731. This boots on the Pi 2 in less than 20 seconds.

I will post the log soon as I can.

I did check the timings in dmesg and it doesn't reflect the pause.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0818: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.6 #1 Wed Aug 19 00:45:49 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 18 2015 18:08:38
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 15904bd064a186cf500542f27d56cdc1395a955a (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150819004458-#0818-gad2c0b2 [Build #0818]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001573.541: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (ad2c0b2c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (be359978, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. New kernel 4.1.6
  3. Update Python 2.7.10
  4. Update openssh-7.0p1 (some weak keys disabled by default)
  5. Update curl-7.44.0
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Aug 18):
    • firmware: video_decode: Fix up a vfw/avi timestamp hack
    • firmware: arm_loader: Fix issue with hevc decoding. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • Fix openssh-7.0p1 package after 24e80bbc - fixes #4280 (PR:4281, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libepoxy: update to libepoxy-1.3.1 (46f0ca21)
    • linux: update to linux-4.1.5 (c025a11e)
    • mesa: update to mesa-10.6.4 (79783c8f)
    • cmake: update to cmake-3.3.1 (2fa3c81a)
    • openssh: update to openssh-7.0p1 (24e80bbc)
    • curl: update to curl-7.44.0 (57990e90)
    • Revert "eventlircd: disable Hama/Ortek remote support. TODO: testing and remove completly" (e2379913)
    • linux: update to linux-4.1.6 (3b0b09a9)
  3. XBMC:
    • [guilib] GUIFontTTFDX: Fixed rendering of rotated text. (PR:7840, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [xbmc] volume adjustment fix for trac #16063 (PR:7796, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [cleanup] unify method name used for singleton pattern (PR:7833, 1 commit, 396 files changed)
    • [readme] add uuid-dev / crossguid to dependencies (PR:7816, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [guilib] fix fadelabel always marked dirty (PR:7844, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [confluence] uppercase icon name and allow separate icons (PR:7214, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [recentlyadded] fix empty LatestAlbum.Artist (closes #16200) (PR:7850, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [recentlyadded] fix empty LatestAlbum.Artist (closes #16200) (PR:7851, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] numpad redesign (dc68328c)
    • [gui] change CGUIDialogSelect::GetSelectedItems to return indices (e002a1b8)
    • [python] add multiselect dialog (eb6676a6)
    • [codegenerator] return None for null pointer, not empty vector (29b2a139)
    • Merge branch 'python_multiselect' (4a856b67)
    • [Confluence] fix watched flag in media info 3 view (3cd950c9)
    • [Confluence] cosmetics (cffcb1d1)
    • [Re-Touched] update (de18833a)
    • [Confluence] cleanup (be359978)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmal] Use settings constants (9960f032)
  5. kernel 4.1.y_rebase:
    • New commits in this build:
      • backport: mediatek: mt7601u: from v4.2-rc3 (5d2b422d)
      • config: Add Mediatek mt7601u wifi driver (65fe9622)
      • BCM270X_DT: Add pwm and pwm-2chan overlays (075c169a)
      • spi: bcm2835: fallback to interrupt for polling timeouts exceeding 2 jiffies (6ab6379e)
      • spi: bcm2835: enable dma modes for transfers meeting certain conditions (15238342)
      • spi: bcm2835: fix kbuild compile warnings/errors and a typo (42908111)
      • spi: bcm2835: bcm2835_dma_release() can be static (3a66d068)
      • spi: bcm2835: fixed compile issues due to embedded comments... replaced with #if to avoid issues in the future. (e18f0012)
      • dt-overlay to enable dma for spi driver (69794b31)
      • dt: overlay: added documentation of spi-dma overlay (79d39de1)
      • rpisense-fb: add low-light mode and gamma control (93a6b249)
      • spi: bcm2835: Fix buld error from previous commit (be4447c2)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: e8a5ea91: (jarvis) taglib: update to taglib-1.9.1
    • Added: master...lrusak: Bump Python 2.7.10
    • Added: patch: Add MediaTek WIFI config option
    • Added: patch: Fix PR7462 after PR7833
    • Added: patch: handle SIGTERM (updated due to singleton/PR7833)
    • Added: patch: Fix singleton/PR7833 changes
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Has anyone else noticed issues with the sound being sped up or slowed down when playback of MKV's first start? The Pi2 is connected to the Denon AVR and I have the Pi2 configured to decode and for 5.1 audio. After the first 15 seconds or so it's fine and audio is normal.
Debug-enabled build #0818x: RPi / RPi2

Use these builds in the event of any Kodi crash-related behaviour. Requires expanded FAT partition >= 384MB.
(2015-08-19, 06:57)Milhouse Wrote: Debug-enabled build #0818x: RPi / RPi2

Use these builds in the event of any Kodi crash-related behaviour. Requires expanded FAT partition >= 384MB.
Note: For Win users awareness.

On Win PC to create custom size System & Storage partition on SD card, then instal generic build of openelec; I roughly followed this guide. https://tasksofohm.wordpress.com/hardwar...pberry-pi/ (Adjusting System partion size to suit requirements of debug builds)

Unfortunately setting System partition size at exactly 384MB using MiniTool Partition Wizard actually created partition slightly smaller than required by Milhouse debug build at 381MB which meant that when I was ready and tried leopold dev addon to install Milhouse debug builds it did not provide option to instal debug builds. (Lower than 384MB)

Currently in senario of do I backup content then delete Storage partition to allow me to increase size of System partion using MiniTool Partition Wizard, then recreate Storage partition etc. (MiniTool Partition Wizard does not allow to shrink EXT4 Storage partition to increase FAT System partition unless I am missing something)

---update---

Used Backup addon in Kodi to create and store a Backup in remote location, before shuting down Kodi/Pi.
Using MiniTool Partition Wizard, Deleted Storage partition, then expanded EXT4 System Partition to 500MB, then recreated Storage Partition in remaining SD space. (Win PC)
Rebooted Kodi (Noting standard Openelec Storage folders are re-created) recovered the Backup re-installing/using Backup addon.
Everything now looks OK and can now install Milhouse debug build if/when required. SmileBlush
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2015-08-19, 03:11)msattler Wrote: Has anyone else noticed issues with the sound being sped up or slowed down when playback of MKV's first start? The Pi2 is connected to the Denon AVR and I have the Pi2 configured to decode and for 5.1 audio. After the first 15 seconds or so it's fine and audio is normal.

Yes, that is how dvdplayer works. When playback starts there is normally some offset in audio and video clocks (e.g. 50ms).
With "resample audio" that gets corrected by resampling the audio by a few percent. That does produce an initial pitch shift.
I have reported it to the dvdplayer guy (FernetMenta), but it's not an easy thing to fix.

If you change "resample audio" to "adjust pll" you won't have this effect (but some TVs/receivers may experience audio dropouts).
If you enable omxplayer in video/acceleration you won't have this effect.
(2015-08-18, 20:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 19:08)wchick132 Wrote: The following is link to the same TV episode encoded myself, both x265/HEVC video and English subtitle file.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...XpmeEsxcG8

I finally got some time to look into this. It was a firmware issue. Should be a fix in tonight's build. Thanks for the sample.

Popcornmix excellent !!! In the day yesterday I was playing some movies HEVC with subtitles without pixelation present. Thank you very much for the great work they do !! : rofl:: rofl:: rofl:
(2015-08-19, 14:24)zequiqac Wrote:
(2015-08-18, 20:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 19:08)wchick132 Wrote: The following is link to the same TV episode encoded myself, both x265/HEVC video and English subtitle file.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...XpmeEsxcG8

I finally got some time to look into this. It was a firmware issue. Should be a fix in tonight's build. Thanks for the sample.

Popcornmix excellent !!! In the day yesterday I was playing some movies HEVC with subtitles without pixelation present. Thank you very much for the great work they do !! : rofl:: rofl:: rofl:

With build #0819, I watched about half a dozen x265/HEVC encoded TV episodes with .srt or .ass format subtitles, all over 40 minutes in length, without any video freezing, pixelation or GUI hangs. The .ass subtitles are fairly complicated which feature simultaneous display of English and Chinese, font size and color changes, annotation on top of screen, drop shadow and border etc,

Great work Popcornmix! Thanks again.
(2015-08-19, 14:42)wchick132 Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 14:24)zequiqac Wrote:
(2015-08-18, 20:07)popcornmix Wrote: I finally got some time to look into this. It was a firmware issue. Should be a fix in tonight's build. Thanks for the sample.

With build #0819, I watched about half a dozen x265/HEVC encoded TV episodes with .srt or .ass format subtitles, all over 40 minutes in length, without any video freezing, pixelation or GUI hangs. The .ass subtitles are fairly complicated which feature simultaneous display of English and Chinese, font size and color changes, annotation on top of screen, drop shadow and border etc,

Great work Popcornmix! Thanks again.
Build #0819?

where please?
(2015-08-19, 16:13)thewarm Wrote: Build #0819?

where please?

I think that is a typo. #0818 has the fix for HEVC with subs.
I've noticed something odd, and I think it started with the first "jarvis" build that I installed. This might be a kodi bug, or a MythPVR bug. For all I know, it's a "feature" but I kinda doubt it.

When you have the "TV" item in focus on the main menu screen (Confluence), the upper right corner will show you a "Currently recording" display and a "Next recording" display item. If there are more than one things "Currently recording", it toggles showing the 2 things (I only have 2 tuners right now). Recently (I don't know which build for sure), it started toggling even if there is only one thing recording. It seems to be showing the correct information for the program that is actually recording as "Series Title - Episode Title -(channel call sign)", but it toggles to information that looks suspiciously like the schedule item "Series Title - ((Any channel))". I would think this was a feature, but the start time and date shown seem a little odd, like leftover information in a data field. It doesn't really make a lot of sense most of the time.

I know Zaphod24 uses a Myth back end as well. Perhaps he can confirm or deny that he is seeing this as well.

Thanks for all the work folks, it's appreciated greatly.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-19, 11:11)MikeKL Wrote: (MiniTool Partition Wizard does not allow to shrink EXT4 storage partition to increase FAT partition unless I am missing something)

Thanks for the write-up, very useful and I've added a link to it in the first post. Resize/move should be supported, but probably only for native Windows filesystems, so not ext4. Sad
(2015-08-19, 18:20)afremont Wrote: I've noticed something odd, and I think it started with the first "jarvis" build that I installed. This might be a kodi bug, or a MythPVR bug. For all I know, it's a "feature" but I kinda doubt it.

A screenshot or two might be helpful (you can take a screenshot remotely using ssh with: textruecache.py screenshot), then upload to imgur.com from the Screenshots folder.

Unless it's obvious from the screenshot, knowing the exact build when this problem started will help increase the chance of identifying the correct fix.
(2015-08-19, 18:20)afremont Wrote: I've noticed something odd, and I think it started with the first "jarvis" build that I installed. This might be a kodi bug, or a MythPVR bug. For all I know, it's a "feature" but I kinda doubt it.

When you have the "TV" item in focus on the main menu screen (Confluence), the upper right corner will show you a "Currently recording" display and a "Next recording" display item. If there are more than one things "Currently recording", it toggles showing the 2 things (I only have 2 tuners right now). Recently (I don't know which build for sure), it started toggling even if there is only one thing recording. It seems to be showing the correct information for the program that is actually recording as "Series Title - Episode Title -(channel call sign)", but it toggles to information that looks suspiciously like the schedule item "Series Title - ((Any channel))". I would think this was a feature, but the start time and date shown seem a little odd, like leftover information in a data field. It doesn't really make a lot of sense most of the time.

I know Zaphod24 uses a Myth back end as well. Perhaps he can confirm or deny that he is seeing this as well.

Thanks for all the work folks, it's appreciated greatly.

Haven't noticed that one (been more focused on advanced deinterlacing lately) but I will have a look tonight.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10