• 52(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-19, 20:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 18:20)afremont Wrote: I've noticed something odd, and I think it started with the first "jarvis" build that I installed. This might be a kodi bug, or a MythPVR bug. For all I know, it's a "feature" but I kinda doubt it.

A screenshot or two might be helpful (you can take a screenshot remotely using ssh with: textruecache.py screenshot), then upload to imgur.com from the Screenshots folder.

Unless it's obvious from the screenshot, knowing the exact build when this problem started will help increase the chance of identifying the correct fix.

I never used that before, but lets hope this works. I put them in an album the top one I don't think is right, the second image is the way it should look. It switches back and forth about every 500mS.
http://imgur.com/a/8V5Fn

Only talking about the "Currently recording" display, the "Next recording" display is fine.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0819: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.6 #1 Wed Aug 19 22:12:36 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 19 2015 13:13:17
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 7b6097604ed88a7f561d727756f86724809705b0 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150819221147-#0819-gdbac8da [Build #0819]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001576.152: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (dbac8da2, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (605bd969, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Aug 19):
    • firmware: Close the I2C driver in the touchscreen driver after use See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • sshd: restart on failure. dont wait for network (PR:4260, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • buildsys improvements (PR:4262, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • [mysql] Fix incomprehensible error message (PR:7828, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang] fix nb_no fallback (PR:7847, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Various cppcheck performance fixes (PR:7815, 1 commit, 13 files changed)
    • [cmake] set CORE_SYSTEM_NAME on osx correctly (PR:7848, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [gui] drop video/music overlay dialogs (PR:7516, 1 commit, 14 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-19, 01:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 01:34)f1vefour Wrote: Why are the latest builds so much slower to boot? It's like they are waiting for something, nothing wrong just booting slow.

Both on P1 and 2.

How much slower? Is your network slow to come up? Is it slower before you get to the Kodi splash (ie. kodi started) or is Kodi itself slower to start? When did it suddenly become slower?

Can you post a debug log (wiki) (showing the complete boot sequence), "dmesg | paste" and "journalctl --no-pager | paste".

(2015-08-19, 01:56)f1vefour Wrote: I don't currently have Internet at home Milhouse (modem issue), it's slow to show the animated splash. It sits on the OpenELEC screen for about 40 seconds, shows the animation then the new blue and black screen for about a second and finally the UI. It's all the #8xx builds I have tested.

The last 7 series build boots quickly, #731. This boots on the Pi 2 in less than 20 seconds.

I will post the log soon as I can.

I did check the timings in dmesg and it doesn't reflect the pause.

Journal http://pastebin.com/nqmug2hP
dmesg http://pastebin.com/QJz979Bd

You can see from the journal the kernel starts right up then pauses for a full minute before Kodi starts. The Pi 1 exhibits the exact same behavior on the same builds. I tried the kernel from a fast booting build and it made no difference, it is definitely system related.
I also have a debug log of an h265 file crashing the system and associated sample file. These videos have been causing crashes over all the builds I have tried, just now got around to catching a debug log. It is random and can take a while to happen, sometimes it happens when simply entering the folder the files are contained in and sometimes it happens while playing.

Log: http://pastebin.com/q6mS5Cyd
Sample: https://db.tt/lQM78SMh

I ssh'd in and tried to reboot but the system hung totally. Before attempting to reboot the video was froze and audio was just repeating (stuttering) rapidly.
Hi. There is a bug in latest releases that user can not change groups under TV/group (slides from right) the groups (view options). Even if you select it, it does not change.

Note:
Latest OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Isengard nearly final) does not have this bug.
(2015-08-20, 05:31)f1vefour Wrote: Journal http://pastebin.com/nqmug2hP
dmesg http://pastebin.com/QJz979Bd

You can see from the journal the kernel starts right up then pauses for a full minute before Kodi starts. The Pi 1 exhibits the exact same behavior on the same builds. I tried the kernel from a fast booting build and it made no difference, it is definitely system related.

I think that problem would have started with build #0808, as it's caused by the analytics tracking script blocking until the network is up (or timing out after 60 seconds) - I thought I'd ensured it wouldn't block but obviously not. It will be fixed in the next build, thanks for pointing it out/sorry for the delays.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-20, 05:43)f1vefour Wrote: I also have a debug log of an h265 file crashing the system and associated sample file. These videos have been causing crashes over all the builds I have tried, just now got around to catching a debug log. It is random and can take a while to happen, sometimes it happens when simply entering the folder the files are contained in and sometimes it happens while playing.
I ssh'd in and tried to reboot but the system hung totally. Before attempting to reboot the video was froze and audio was just repeating (stuttering) rapidly.

Can you be very clear about your use of the phrase "crashing the system" - is Kodi restarting or hanging? Is the entire OpenELEC OS crashing or restarting?

From what you say in your final paragraph, it doesn't sound like either Kodi or OpenELEC is crashing, but the Kodi GUI may be freezing.

(2015-08-20, 05:43)f1vefour Wrote: Log: http://pastebin.com/w9zUpL3U

Your log is missing. I've been playing the sample on repeat in #0819 but no problems so far.

Edit: What I have just noticed is that kodi.bin is spewing out a load of (debug?) information that is visible with "journalctl --follow" when playing a HEVC file (including your sample) - maybe this information will prove useful to @popcornmix in the event of a problem with HEVC playback, ie. upload with "journalctl --no-pager | paste" and post the link etc.
(2015-08-20, 07:09)illiac4 Wrote: Hi. There is a bug in latest releases that user can not change groups under TV/group (slides from right) the groups (view options). Even if you select it, it does not change.

Note:
Latest OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Isengard nearly final) does not have this bug.

So this is a PVR bug. Any idea which build introduced the bug, it might help a PVR developer narrow it down.
(2015-08-20, 08:08)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 05:43)f1vefour Wrote: I also have a debug log of an h265 file crashing the system and associated sample file. These videos have been causing crashes over all the builds I have tried, just now got around to catching a debug log. It is random and can take a while to happen, sometimes it happens when simply entering the folder the files are contained in and sometimes it happens while playing.

Can you be very clear about your use of the phrase "crashing the system" - is Kodi restarting or hanging? Is the entire OpenELEC OS crashing or restarting?

From what you say in your final paragraph, it doesn't sound like either Kodi or OpenELEC is crashing, but the Kodi GUI may be freezing.

(2015-08-20, 05:43)f1vefour Wrote: Log: http://pastebin.com/w9zUpL3U

Your log is missing. I've been playing the sample on repeat in #0819 but no problems so far.

Edit: What I have just noticed is that kodi.bin is spewing out a load of (debug?) information that is visible with "journalctl --follow" when playing a HEVC file (including your sample) - maybe this information will prove useful to @popcornmix in the event of a problem with HEVC playback, ie. upload with "journalctl --no-pager | paste" and post the link etc.

Try this again, it's kicking the spam filter in for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/XdN7dnuY

It's locking up the Kodi UI and somewhat locking the system, if I try to run some commands over ssh my client will disconnect and network is lost on the Pi 2. The linked log shows me login over ssh while Kodi was frozen with audio looping (like 0.1 second of audio rapidly repeating) and issue reboot. The system never rebooted and I lost network.

Kodi is frozen but the system is still responsive at first, I cant restart Kodi (or kill it) and issuing commands over ssh will eventually cause the entire system to hard lock. Never reboots, Kodi never dissappears, the audio never stops repeating. The Pi simply disappears off the network and I have to pull the plug.

I'm adding a Dropbox link to the log in case pastebin deletes my log again. Sorry for the trouble, I'm having to go home and get logs and such and come to my in laws to upload them while I wait for modem replacement.

Log: https://db.tt/l1gxnd6B
I had your Friends video on repeat play, and it played flawlessly many times (19 times, no overclocks), then I pressed "Stop" and the GUI froze, with the just the Confluence "bubbles" background showing.

Kodi could be restarted from ssh, and is playing videos normally again.

Full debug log: http://sprunge.us/icKB (this is actually from an unreleased debug-enabled build, #0820)
I am overclocked, when I get home I will remove the overclock and see if I can restart kodi when the issue arises.

There is something strange about the way these files are encoded, on my odroid c1+ which has hevc hardware decoding when I start an episode it will be audio and a black screen. On the previous c1 I could fast forward for a second to get video, on the c1+ I have to enable or disable pass-through audio to get the video to show up. After I do this the episode will play without issue.

All my other hevc files play fine on the c1/c1+ and to a limited extent the Pi 2, not knocking as I'm mystified how 720p hevc on the Pi 2 works and extremely happy with the added capability.

Looking forward to the next build, that 60 second delay is driving me crazy Smile
(2015-08-20, 09:41)f1vefour Wrote: Looking forward to the next build, that 60 second delay is driving me crazy Smile

As a temporary fix (and to confirm the fix works for you), please try this on the Pi1 or Pi2:
Code:
sed 's/oneshot/simple/' /usr/lib/systemd/system/kodi-analytics.service  > /storage/.config/system.d/kodi-analytics.service
systemctl daemon-reload
reboot

After the next build is released:
Code:
rm /storage/.config/system.d/kodi-analytics.service
systemctl daemon-reload
reboot
Hi all,
Thanks for this newest version, i had problems with subtitles on my RPi2. All other subtitles worked but .sub files did not show. I installed #0819, 19-Aug-2015
and now even this subtitles works!

BUT

Yes, there is always but: .sub files show only when i move files to my RPi2 storage, when i try to watch example movie from my laptop using Samba only movie is playing normal but again subtitles are missing. And again problem is only with .sub files. Example .srt subtitles is working good.

Anyone else see this problem?
Edit: oooh i was too fast, i had download(and forgot) .srt subtitles to RPi2 storage so problem with .sub files is still here not showing Sad
Do you have an example .sub file?

Edit: To be honest, not sure what the problem is or what it has to do with playing movies on your laptop. I just dropped a random .sub file alongside a video file and the subtitles are appearing as expected.
Is RetroPlayer included in these builds yet? I'd like to help test that when it's available.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10