OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-20, 05:43)f1vefour Wrote: I also have a debug log of an h265 file crashing the system and associated sample file. These videos have been causing crashes over all the builds I have tried, just now got around to catching a debug log. It is random and can take a while to happen, sometimes it happens when simply entering the folder the files are contained in and sometimes it happens while playing.
I ssh'd in and tried to reboot but the system hung totally. Before attempting to reboot the video was froze and audio was just repeating (stuttering) rapidly.

Can you be very clear about your use of the phrase "crashing the system" - is Kodi restarting or hanging? Is the entire OpenELEC OS crashing or restarting?

From what you say in your final paragraph, it doesn't sound like either Kodi or OpenELEC is crashing, but the Kodi GUI may be freezing.

(2015-08-20, 05:43)f1vefour Wrote: Log: http://pastebin.com/w9zUpL3U
Sample: https://db.tt/lQM78SMh

Your log is missing. I've been playing the sample on repeat in #0819 but no problems so far.

Edit: What I have just noticed is that kodi.bin is spewing out a load of (debug?) information that is visible with "journalctl --follow" when playing a HEVC file (including your sample) - maybe this information will prove useful to @popcornmix in the event of a problem with HEVC playback, ie. upload with "journalctl --no-pager | paste" and post the link etc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-08-20, 08:08
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10