• 59(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-24, 10:44)doveman2 Wrote: After testing I'm afraid I have to say it doesn't. I've set <yellow>AspectRatio</yellow> (in Global, nothing for yellow in FullscreenLiveTV) and it only seems to toggle the mode after every two clicks but more importantly, as it doesn't display the selected Aspect Ratio it's very hard to know whether you've got the right one or not and I have to open the OSD to check anyway. I guess if one only needed two modes (e.g. Stretch 16:9 and Original) and it could be made to just toggle between the two then it would be obvious when the right one was selected but with so many to cycle through it's just too confusing.

Dunno. This is what I see when playing a movie and clicking the <select> button (defined as I pasted to you):

The first time I click it (when the Aspect Ratio OSD isn't visible) it will display the current aspect ratio - see above image - and then subsequent single button clicks will toggle through the possible aspect ratios.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This is for your information:
Today, I run build #0821

For few weeks or so, I think when there was a bug in the shutdown button, I get more issues, for examples:
- When I shutdown, RPi (mouse, remote, image) freezes the only way is to pull the power cable. Once it bugs my SD card.
- When I navigate through menus, Rpi freezes.
- When I want to play a flac file, Enter open a window "Add to queue, ..." instead of play. I have to try it several times to play the file.

All happen at random. I'd be glad to help and try to find how to reproduce but I don't know how.
Is it good to start debug and post only a part as it could be long?
Any idea?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2015-08-24, 12:33)MrNice Wrote: This is for your information:
Today, I run build #0821

For few weeks or so, I think when there was a bug in the shutdown button, I get more issues, for examples:
- When I shutdown, RPi (mouse, remote, image) freezes the only way is to pull the power cable. Once it bugs my SD card.
- When I want to play a flac file, Enter open a window "Add to queue, ..." instead of play. I have to try it several times to play the file.

All happen at random. I'd be glad to help and try to find how to reproduce but I don't know how.
Any idea?

Can you confirm this behaviour with a "clean" .kodi folder (ie. rename .kodi -> .kodi.bak, and reboot into a clean .kodi folder).

Are you overclocking? Disable all overclocks - does the problem continue?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-24, 12:31)Milhouse Wrote: Dunno. This is what I see when playing a movie and clicking the <select> button (defined as I pasted to you):

The first time I click it (when the Aspect Ratio OSD isn't visible) it will display the current aspect ratio - see above image - and then subsequent single button clicks will toggle through the possible aspect ratios.

Hmm, maybe it's a skin thing as I'm using AppTV. I'll try with Confluence.
(2015-08-16, 22:32)MrNice Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 12:39)MrNice Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 19:35)MrNice Wrote: I found the starting build:

Build | low CPU% (good files) | High CPU% (bad files)
#0712 | 64 | 65
#0713 | 72 | 95

Even there is a difference between "bad" and "good" file (I don't know why) there is also a difference between builds.
I'll try to find out why the difference between files.
A bit different with build #0805;
Good files have CPU usage (kodi.bin) around 10%
Bad files have around 60%
I recall that there is no activity, no play. I run a RPi1 512.
Still the same with build #0815
Have you the same?
Do you know why?
Playing around with Kodi, I just found out why the above issue.

Edit: This is a different issue as my previous post at 11:33
How to reproduce and directly see:
Start the debug, you will get 3 lines at the above left of the screen: LOG, MEM, CPU
Navigate to menu Music and open in folder view
Browse the list of folders or music titles every 4-5 seconds. When title is short, there is no horizontal scroll CPU is low. As soon you browse a long title, there is scroll and the CPU is hight, 100% in my case.

It's why when I play some HD music in file list mode, I get some drops
Hope this will help
(2015-08-23, 16:31)banesi Wrote: I didn't realised hevc encoding is problematic even for RP2 until I started watching a movie yesterday encoded in720p hevc, feels a bit dissapointed as I was under impression that it should have worked fluidly on this hardware.

I gotta say video qualty for a given size is just insane, hopefully things can get for a better in a future.
well, the PI2 has no HW decoder for HEVC, so it's software decoded in CPU, and high efficency codecs demand quite some CPU power. But 720p HEVC encoded with "fastdecode" option should play just fine - at least my test encode worked just fine. Even a 1080p movie worked not too bad - at least lower bitrate scenes played just fine, which IMO is a incredible achievement by the devs so far.
(2015-08-24, 12:11)doveman2 Wrote: Separate issue but is there a reason why it takes so long to open a folder via SMB? Opening \\192.168.1.86\ is pretty much instant but then opening one of the folders can take ages. My brother reports the same and he's on a different (rather old) build and has a different PC running Windows 7 (I'm on 8.1) and as far as I recall it's always been like this, so maybe there's nothing that can be done. I don't have any such issues using WInSCP.

Obvious reasons for a slow directory to open:
* Hard disk has spun down. Is it faster to open the folder a second time soon after?
* Very large number of files (how many files in the directory?)
* Presence of archives. Kodi will open every archive (rar/zip etc) it sees which for large archives with many files in can be very slow.
(2015-08-24, 12:54)MrNice Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 22:32)MrNice Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 12:39)MrNice Wrote: A bit different with build #0805;
Good files have CPU usage (kodi.bin) around 10%
Bad files have around 60%
I recall that there is no activity, no play. I run a RPi1 512.
Still the same with build #0815
Have you the same?
Do you know why?
Playing around with Kodi, I just found out why the above issue.

Edit: This is a different issue as my previous post at 11:33
How to reproduce and directly see:
Start the debug, you will get 3 lines at the above left of the screen: LOG, MEM, CPU
Navigate to menu Music and open in folder view
Browse the list of folders or music titles every 4-5 seconds. When title is short, there is no horizontal scroll CPU is low. As soon you browse a long title, there is scroll and the CPU is hight, 100% in my case.

It's why when I play some HD music in file list mode, I get some drops
Hope this will help
I renamed .kodi and rebooted.

Activated debug log and played flac 5.0 24/88.2 file
When there is horizontal scroll, in file view or full screen view, CPU0 = 100%
When there is no scroll CPU0 = 40%
(2015-08-24, 13:37)popcornmix Wrote: Obvious reasons for a slow directory to open:
* Hard disk has spun down. Is it faster to open the folder a second time soon after?
* Very large number of files (how many files in the directory?)
* Presence of archives. Kodi will open every archive (rar/zip etc) it sees which for large archives with many files in can be very slow.

None of those apply here. I'm just accessing the folders on the SD card and even opening the empty Update folder takes ages. Having said that, I just tested and all the folders opened quickly but that's not normal, so perhaps it's connected to how long the system's been up or maybe something was fixed in the latest build, as it's the first time I've tried since updating to that.
(2015-08-24, 12:11)doveman2 Wrote: OK, I tested with a programme on Ch5 SD with a ticker at the bottom, so any stutter was obvious. Checking with my TV's built-in tuner and there was no stutter.

I first tested with HDMI (audio and video) and OMX, then MMAL. With both the stutter was present.

Then I tested with composite video and analog audio, first with OMX, then MMAL. With both the stutter was present.

Then I tested with composite video and DAC+ audio, just with MMAL. The stutter was present. I timed it and it seemed to occur every 9-10s but occasionally it seemed to happen more frequently.

I shut down after each test, as I thought on rebooting it would gather the logs into a zip in the Logfiles folder but that doesn't seem to happen as the last one has a timestamp of 09:53 (really 10:53) and the one before that a timestamp of 08:28 and there was only a few minutes between my tests, so I don't have the logs for the first two sets of tests. I'm not sure how it's meant to work but with the ./kodi/temp/ folder not accessible via SMB it's a bit of a pain.

The last log I've uploaded here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing

I'm recording the programme now and I'll report back whether it's the same when playing back the file.

I tested playback with just composite video and OMX & analog, OMX & DAC+, MMAL & analog, MMAL & DAC+, no acceleration & analog, no acceleration & DAC+ (I hope I've got those in the right order of testing!)

With OMX the playback was smooth. With the others the ticker stuttered regularly, as it did when I was watching LiveTV.

http://xbmclogs.com/ph8cvhjoc
Hello Milhouse,

can you say, whether an when you implement the "Unofficial add-on repositories" within the GPIO-Libary ?

I would like write my python-script within GPIO-Access on this openelec plattform.

Thanks
Heiko
(2015-08-24, 05:28)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 05:17)afremont Wrote: Okay, thanks for that. I went back to 0819 and it was okay, no constant frame skipping on 720p. I worked my way forward and 0820 and 0821 are fine, 0822b skips frames constantly and loses audio sync. 0823 did the same thing, so it looks like something in 0822b broke for MMAL, 720p live TV and recordings.

Setup is Mythbuntu back end, HDHomerun for TV tuning, RPi2 front end
OMXPLayer unchecked
MMAL checked
Adjust refresh rate unchecked
Resample Audio

Thanks, that information will hopefully prove useful.

(2015-08-24, 05:17)afremont Wrote: Is there anything else that I can supply that might help?

Only the usual if you haven't provided them already - a debug log (wiki) and ideally a small sample file with which to reproduce the issue (apologies if you've provided these already - keeping track isn't easy!)

Here's a link to a file, but any 720p source (live or recorded) should do it. Played back through the Videos section of kodi, it does the same thing. That seems to indicate a problem with DVDPlayer itself and not the MythTV addon or backend. The problem first appeard in 0822b and applies to 0823 as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3sag5bum3v8xbs/720p.mpg?dl=0

Here is a debug log using Videos to play back the clip above:
http://sprunge.us/BNIJ
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-24, 16:53)afremont Wrote: Here's a link to a file, but any 720p source (live or recorded) should do it. Played back through the Videos section of kodi, it does the same thing. That seems to indicate a problem with DVDPlayer itself and not the MythTV addon or backend. The problem first appeard in 0822b and applies to 0823 as well.

Can't say I see the problem with this clip. It's only 9 seconds long which is a bit short for analysing.
What exactly do you see when you play the clip?
(2015-08-24, 12:39)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 12:33)MrNice Wrote: This is for your information:
Today, I run build #0821

Any idea?

Can you confirm this behaviour with a "clean" .kodi folder (ie. rename .kodi -> .kodi.bak, and reboot into a clean .kodi folder).

Are you overclocking? Disable all overclocks - does the problem continue?
"clean" .kodi folder, overclocking at 1000 but never had issue like that previousely.

I did some tests:
I was playing a BD and paused, changed the chapter and start again. Playing never start.

As the log was very big I did an extract:
http://sprunge.us/DCAI

There are some errors:
Error opening file!
GetDirectory - Error getting /var/media/Media/Music Videos/Test (BD)/BDMV/META/DL
Get - failed to get stream
CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize - timeout
ffmpeg[6A00A400]: [pcm_bluray] unsupported sample depth (0)
ffmpeg[6A00A400]: [pcm_bluray] reserved sample rate (11)

WARNING: COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder
Could you explain this warning?
(2015-08-24, 17:26)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 16:53)afremont Wrote: Here's a link to a file, but any 720p source (live or recorded) should do it. Played back through the Videos section of kodi, it does the same thing. That seems to indicate a problem with DVDPlayer itself and not the MythTV addon or backend. The problem first appeard in 0822b and applies to 0823 as well.

Can't say I see the problem with this clip. It's only 9 seconds long which is a bit short for analysing.
What exactly do you see when you play the clip?

Bring up the OSD while it's playing and look at the skipped frames count. It increments at about 20 per second. I was watching live TV the other day and I noticed the video seemed a little jerky so I brought up the OSD and saw the skip count rapidly increasing. It didn't do that before 0822b (I back tested all the releases that I had skipped over when upgrading, everything through 0821 is fine). I can give you a longer clip if you need the extra time, but I believe that any 720p MPG2 file (maybe only MPG2) will do that, 1080i and 480i don't do it. Obviously I have the codec license installed or it would be unwatchable from my experience plus OMXPlayer has no problems with it. Previous posts will tell you all my settings and things that I have done to test it. The audio rapidly gets way out of sync. I know it's a little tough to tell with it being a cartoon, but after about one minute there is no mistaking it since it is seconds off at that point.

Here is a bigger clip (should be 5 minutes), it's about 360MB.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10