• 63(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-28, 00:59)Milhouse Wrote: [*]Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
  • Added: PR:7904: [videodb] Never clean empty TV shows if the path still exists.
[/list]

Yay!!!
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-08-16, 16:01)zaphod24 Wrote: Welcome back! Nice to see you moved from WMC to MythTV. I also use MythTV with an HD Homerun Prime. I found the following settings in advancesettings.xml helped make sure the cache was filled a bit more when playing live TV:

<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
</pvr>

I tried adding this and it has an obvious effect, so I know it's doing something but it doesn't help with the stutters I have every 10s with LiveTV and MMAL (which I need to use for my DAC+ but the problem occurs using MMAL with analog or HDMI audio selected).

Whilst I don't get them with OMX, I noticed an issue with the ticker at the bottom of the screen, where every 2s it switches from sharp to blurry. It seems to have a bit of judder as well but it's not stuttering like with MMAL.

I've uploaded a 30s recording of the programme I was watching. The issue with MMAL can be recreated by playing the file but the issue with the ticker and OMX only seems to show when watching LiveTV. Maybe there's some way to feed the file into LiveTV as a substitute feed to see if it can be recreated that way?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing
(2015-08-24, 12:31)Milhouse Wrote: Dunno. This is what I see when playing a movie and clicking the <select> button (defined as I pasted to you):

The first time I click it (when the Aspect Ratio OSD isn't visible) it will display the current aspect ratio - see above image - and then subsequent single button clicks will toggle through the possible aspect ratios.

This was indeed an issue with the AppTV skin and it works like that for me using Confluence. I did notice a bug though, as when cycling through the modes, between Custom and Normal it shows ReplayGain (and changes the picture settings) which is obviously not a View Mode!
Is there any way to make the folder above userdata (i.e. .kodi) available over SMB?

The issue I have is that for non-technical people like my brother, I can create a desktop shortcut to //192.168.1.86 (or even to a specific folder) which he can click on and access the files and if he could access the log files this way, it would be simple to explain to him how to reboot the RPi, recreate his problem and then click on the desktop link to access the logs and upload them, to help diagnose any problems he's having. Explaining to him how to use WinSCP to access ./kodi/temp and copy the log file from there before uploading it is rather more complicated and means he's less likely to provide the log files.
(2015-08-28, 15:53)doveman2 Wrote: Is there any way to make the folder above userdata (i.e. .kodi) available over SMB?

Code:
cp /etc/samba/smb.conf /storage/.config/samba.conf

then add whatever extra shares you need, eg.

Code:
[Kodi]
  path = /storage/.kodi
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse

could you provide oscam from unofficial addons for your builds please?
I get a lot of artifacts when watching 1080i50 livetv.
Here's my log
http://sprunge.us/CWDQ
(2015-08-28, 18:46)polo_joe Wrote: I get a lot of artifacts when watching 1080i50 livetv.
Here's my log

Most likely an antenna/backend issue. Can you connect Kodi running on a PC or linux to the same backend and see if playback is the same or better?
(2015-08-28, 18:11)polo_joe Wrote: Milhouse

What is wrong with the currently available addon?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-28, 19:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 18:46)polo_joe Wrote: I get a lot of artifacts when watching 1080i50 livetv.
Here's my log

Most likely an antenna/backend issue. Can you connect Kodi running on a PC or linux to the same backend and see if playback is the same or better?
Playback was absolutely fine with fusion e350 machine. So backend should not be the issue.

I also get artifacts on 720p50 channels.

When setting Deinterlacing to auto, all is fine.
(2015-08-28, 19:11)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 18:11)polo_joe Wrote: Milhouse

What is wrong with the currently available addon?

I found unofficial repo. All fine now. Thanks!
(2015-08-28, 23:26)polo_joe Wrote: [quote='popcornmix' pid='2092266' dateline='1440781778']
I also get artifacts on 720p50 channels.

When setting Deinterlacing to auto, all is fine.

Are you overclocking? If so try disabling.
Otherwise a screenshot or photo of the artefacts would be useful.
(2015-08-27, 15:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 13:04)afremont Wrote: It's not a show stopper since full screen is fine, just trying to help you perfect it. Smile

I have added a patch that tries to detect these cases and discard every other frames when framerate is 50 or 60 fps.
Rendering the GUI is just too expensive to keep up with 50fps video. With the patch audio sync seems okay.

Enabling omxplayer is likely to work better for these cases as the rendering is handled by GPU.

I just downloaded 0827 and did a quick test. Exactly the same symptoms, though I can see the dropped frames when it's in a window so now the video is more choppy than before when the GUI is up. Audio still goes instantly out of sync and video races to catch up when I go back to full screen. Honestly, I'm not surprised because the CPU time never went over 10% for a single core fullscreen or when in a window. I still think that it thinks the frame rate is only 50FPS when I put it in a window which (to me anyway) would explain why you don't see any problem (as I understand it, you live in a 50FPS "world") Wink

The problem appeared with 0822b. Before then, it was fine. The frame dropping isn't helping.

Thanks for the help. I'm not griping, just trying to help.

I'd like to know if zaphod24 is having the same issue since he has a very similar setup to me. Perhaps something is corrupt on my installation? Is that possible?
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-26, 17:18)handbone Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 12:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 01:05)handbone Wrote: Hey popcornmix, was there anything in my debug log that would explain an issue with my Hifiberry and the default video player? (dvdplayer)

http://xbmclogs.com/pbgtsxxqi

You seem to be using omxplayer which doesn't support hifiberry. Make sure you haven't disabled MMAL in video/acceleration settings.
(leaving omxplayer enabled should be okay as long as MMAL is also enabled).

Feel silly not realizing that was still on. Thanks.

So audio now works through it, but still not on Passthrough (with compatible DTS/AC3 receiver). I'll get a log file as soon as I'm home

So sound works through optical, but turning on passthrough I get nothing (unless I set audio to fixed, but then it only stays 2.0, and doesn't actually seem to passthrough)

http://xbmclogs.com/p1earfkmg
(2015-08-28, 16:08)Milhouse Wrote:
Code:
cp /etc/samba/smb.conf /storage/.config/samba.conf

then add whatever extra shares you need, eg.

Code:
[Kodi]
  path = /storage/.kodi
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi

Thanks Milhouse, that will definitely make it easier to support my brother Smile
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10