• 75(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-12, 06:24)zaphod24 Wrote: Everything works great with the test build so it looks like pvr.mythtv was the problem.

Thanks, is anyone in touch with @janbar, the pvr.mythtv maintainer? I'll continue to include the latest pvr.mythtv in the regular builds, but hopefully the buffering issue will be fixed eventually.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I am started having some issues from yesterday on pi2... when ever i am trying to install Milhouse new test build the openelec dev update addon showing invalid custom source url. I am trying to update form build #0902 to # 0911'
i never ever had this issue before and always had able to update.How this can be fixed?
Thanks in advance
(2015-09-12, 18:44)J_E_F_F Wrote: My personal user experience with the current state of UPnP and my device configuration seems to be pretty awful. Is that in fact the current state, or am I missing something?

Any different with 5.95.5?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-09-12, 18:49)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 18:44)J_E_F_F Wrote: My personal user experience with the current state of UPnP and my device configuration seems to be pretty awful. Is that in fact the current state, or am I missing something?

Any different with 5.95.5?

No, not as the UPnP receiver
(2015-09-12, 19:19)J_E_F_F Wrote: No, not as the UPnP receiver

Thanks. Probably best if you start a new thread as it's an existing Kodi 15 issue.
(2015-09-12, 18:47)sunnyhero Wrote: I am started having some issues from yesterday on pi2... when ever i am trying to install Milhouse new test build the openelec dev update addon showing invalid custom source url. I am trying to update form build #0902 to # 0911'
i never ever had this issue before and always had able to update.How this can be fixed?
Thanks in advance
Go into the add-on settings and disable the custom source.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
@Milhouse (or anyone else that might know the answer)

I'm tinkering with building openelec from source under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I've been able to "succesfully" build the x86 version by doing this:
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make release
followed by
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image

Now, I'd like to build the version for the RPi2. I've only been able to find what appears to be the instructions for the RPi original architecture, which looks like this:
PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make release (or image I assume to get the disk image)

To build the stuff for the Pi2, would I use a command line like this:
PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make release (or image I assume)
Do I use the same value for ARCH as I would for the original Pi, or do I need to put in something like armv7 for the ARCH= part?

My long term goal is to be able to build openelec and do a bit of hacking on MythPVR to expand on some of the error messages that I see and to possibly solve my channel changing issue with sub-channels not changing properly. I promise not to bring my own self-inflicted problem to the forum and I'll try not to bother you about this, though I would like to know what is involved with what you do for the nightly builds (selecting patches and having them included in the build). Just trying to learn something here. Smile

I'd appreciate anything you can point me to to help me to help myself. I'd really like to know how the big picture works with what you do daily. Ideally, I'd like to be able to take your nightly release info and build the same images that you do. I'm very curious to know how you selectively pull in patches to incorporate into your builds. I presume that there is some mechanism to apply patches for the build process, that don't permanently change your source tree.

I also presume that you don't compile all of the addons yourself, but get (at least some of) them in object (binary) form from the authors. I'm speaking specifically about the MythTV PVR Client.

Again, please tell me the proper values for the PROJECT and ARCH environment variables for building openelec for the RPi2. Thanks for all your hard work and hopefully (someday) I'll know enough about how all this works to be able to contribute something worthwhile to the project. Thanks for reading and thanks for anything you can tell me.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: To build the stuff for the Pi2, would I use a command line like this:
Do I use the same value for ARCH as I would for the original Pi, or do I need to put in something like armv7 for the ARCH= part?

"PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm" is correct when building RPi2.

(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: I promise not to bring my own self-inflicted problem to the forum and I'll try not to bother you about this, though I would like to know what is involved with what you do for the nightly builds (selecting patches and having them included in the build). Just trying to learn something here. Smile

To get started with how I build, see here. The build scripts, patches and configuration files are included inside each release tar. Alternatively the scripts and config files can be can be downloaded as a separate tar file - this tar file is updated after each upload, so will always be the "latest" version (it doesn't include the patches as these can be regenerated easily enough).

Probably best to start a new thread if you want to discuss build issues or how my scripts are used. Please read the various "README" files in the tar file - they could be better but they do contain some useful information.

(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: I also presume that you don't compile all of the addons yourself, but get (at least some of) them in object (binary) form from the authors. I'm speaking specifically about the MythTV PVR Client.

The PVR clients are all compiled from source during the build.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0912: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.6 #1 Sun Sep 13 00:31:31 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep  9 2015 23:05:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version de72f07669414925f3fde745fb860bc5d4d193d8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150913003041-#0912-g43d5606 [Build #0912]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001733.864: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (43d56068, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ef0f41dc, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi: Add own lists for audio, subtitle and sub download languages; refactor builtins
  2. x86 HEVC updates
  3. Build issues with PR8008, back to YAJL
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • util-linux: update patch to let choose 'uuidgen', enable uuidgen and libuuid for host build (62835db3)
    • gettext-update to gettext-0.19.6 (ae98e8e6)
    • mesa: update to mesa-10.6.7 (06e44c38)
    • mesa: add upstream fix (d0f7dba3)
  2. XBMC:
    • [lang/settings] Add own lists for audio, subtitle and sub download languages (PR:8014, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • refactor builtins (PR:8018, 23 commits, 56 files changed)
    • Set content type music (PR:7998, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [application] Hide credentials for folder locations in debug logs. (PR:8028, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [xbmc] Fix formatting I messed up (PR:8025, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [adsp] fix startup crash and startup add-on checks, improve loops (PR:8020, 5 commits, 7 files changed)
  3. pvr.mythtv:
    • 3.3.2 (PR:35, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: 6d895e39: ffmpeg: Add hevc fix
    • Added: patch: kodi: Add patch to allow resolution switch for e.g. 4k files
    • Reverted: d0f7dba3: Reason: Not bumping mesa 10.6.7 yet
    • Reverted: 06e44c38: Reason: mesa 10.6.7 makes a mistake when reverting an i965 patch
(2015-09-13, 02:39)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: To build the stuff for the Pi2, would I use a command line like this:

"PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm" is correct when building RPi2.

(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: I promise not to bring my own self-inflicted problem to the forum and I'll try not to bother you about this, though I would like to know what is involved with what you do for the nightly builds (selecting patches and having them included in the build). Just trying to learn something here. Smile

To get started with how I build, see here. The build scripts, patches and configuration files are included inside each release tar. Alternatively the scripts and config files can be can be downloaded as a separate tar file - this tar file is updated after each upload, so will always be the "latest" version (it doesn't include the patches as these can be regenerated easily enough).

Probably best to start a new thread if you want to discuss build issues or how my scripts are used. Please read the various "README" files in the tar file - they could be better but they do contain some useful information.

(2015-09-13, 02:17)afremont Wrote: I also presume that you don't compile all of the addons yourself, but get (at least some of) them in object (binary) form from the authors. I'm speaking specifically about the MythTV PVR Client.

The PVR clients are all compiled from source during the build.

Okay, thanks very much for that. I didn't even think to look in the tar file for information, I just assumed that it only contained the "aftermath" of the build process. I've been doing some reading, but you know how that goes. There's a ton of outdated info scattered around the net that just confuses things more than it helps. I've found the openelec wiki stuff on building basically for x86 and some information on elinux.org of all places that helped me get started on compiling for the RPi. After just "going for it", I figured out that arm is the only ARCH you can use for RPi2. Things in the Linux world are a lot more idiot-proof than they were 20 years ago, but then they're way more complex as well.

I guess I'll create a new thread in the forum to document my progress and pain in case anyone else decides to embark on this adventure for themselves. I'm not good at taking notes for myself, and I always pay for that later one when I decide to get back into something again. At least scrawling it out on the forum might help me in the future if not anyone else.

I'm glad that the addons are compiled during the process as I want to add some useful (to me) information to some error messages that I get at my house that relate to unprintable characters encountered when parsing the guide information. There's also a kodi bug in channel changing when going from one sub-channel to another. I put in a bug report at the request of the addon author, but it's not getting any hits yet after two weeks. Maybe I can track it down and hack in some kind of fix and "force" someone with more experience to fix it the right way. Wink

A couple of years ago, I built the AOSP project (jellybean) for my Nexus 7 tablet and hacked in a touchscreen firmware update process so that I could make it usable. I recently built the lollipop release, but haven't had the nerve to flash it in because so many people have experienced sudden death after the OTA update, so I'm considering building a later kit-kat version and going that route. This is all because I wanted the experience again and I need an updated libstagefright so that I can get hardware MPEG2 decoding going with interlaced video for kodi. Right now, I have to disable libstagefright to make it work. There's some kind of buffer allocation size issue with interlaced video that results in a mess on the screen. But I digress....

Thanks again for your pointers, I'll be off now to start piecing the puzzle together. I look forward to more input from you in my new thread. I appreciate all that you do, GREATLY! Smile
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
0912 and the pvr.mythtv update to 3.3.2 fixes the weird buffering issue playing back liveTV
(2015-09-13, 03:18)zaphod24 Wrote: 0912 and the pvr.mythtv update to 3.3.2 fixes the weird buffering issue playing back liveTV

Good stuff. There's a related discussion in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7905
Build #0911 used with the Raspberry Pi 7" Display defaults to the display being upside down and needs a
Code:
display_rotate=2
in config.txt to make it the right way up. I don't think I've built my Pimoroni case the wrong way up - Raspbian displays correctly.
(2015-09-11, 19:40)grayback Wrote: Hello,

I'm using testbuilds in order to test my 3D MVC MKV and I have some problems with the PGS subtitles. I have an LG TV with passive 3D and sometimes I have only the half of the subtitle on the screen.

Here is a screenshot in 3D with framepacked enabled :

Here is a screenshot in 2D :

Here is a screenshot in 2D with VLC : (the subtitle is complete)

Here is a screenshot of the extract from the sup file :

I suspect a problem with the resolution of the subtitle, because only the large ones are affected.
I made a test to convert PGS subtitle to SUB/IDX but I have the same problem.
Do you have an idea of the problem?

Have a good week-end

I ran into similar but not the same problem with PGS subtitles, not with 3D videos but my own Bluray x264 2D rip.

It started from build #0908, both build #0907 and v5.95.5 didn't exhibit that PGS subtitle problem. It usually won't happen during the first half hour of playback. I guess it depends on how many dialogue (or subtitles) needs to be displayed. When the problem happens, the area that subtitles supposed to be displayed are filled with black, video and audio kept going smoothly though. Once the 'Pause' button was pressed, the video info will be flashing. When 'STOP' button was pressed and returned to the menu, all characters (Confluence skin with Arial font) except file size on the menu were a mess (not readable) and needs to reboot.

I believe there might be memory leaks and causing corruption of the fonts.
(2015-09-13, 18:01)wchick132 Wrote: I believe there might be memory leaks and causing corruption of the fonts.

Running "bcmstat.sh -cxgpd10" during a movie might help confirm if there is a leak, either of GPU memory or RAM - keep an eye on the "GPUMem Free" and "Memory Free/Used" columns.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10