• 93(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-29, 15:53)Azimono Wrote: How i can play 3D ISO?

I see only 2D. Sad

Is it a 3D movie?
When you select the ISO you get a simplified menu whose last option is "play as 3d". Make sure you haven't disabled BluRay menus in settings.
(2015-09-26, 22:35)doveman2 Wrote: Seems to be hardware. I went back to #908, which I know was working, removed "dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0xF" from cmdline.txt and removed the line from /etc/modprobe.d/dvbt.conf that I'd added to try and disable the tuners IR sensor in an attempt to fix my stuttering problems (which turned out to be caused by the other IR dongle I was using) and nothing helped. Even though I'd pulled the power to the RPi, which is powering the hub the tuner is plugged into to, after I disconnected the tuner from the hub and plugged it directly into the RPi it showed up, so I plugged it back into the hub and it's working in that again now. So I guess it needed power-cycling for some reason and cutting the power to the RPi briefly wasn't enough.

Something's still not right. Even with #908, which the tuner was working with stably for over a week, it keeps disappearing when plugged into the hub now (or doesn't even show up at all) and I've had to plug it directly into the RPi, which seems to be stable.

I'll try adding max_usb_current=1 to config.txt but as I say, the tuner was working fine in the hub before without that and I've actually removed some USB hardware (the IR receiver that was causing the stuttering, plugged into the RPi, not the hub) since, so the draw is less now.
(2015-09-29, 15:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 15:53)Azimono Wrote: How i can play 3D ISO?

I see only 2D. Sad

Is it a 3D movie?
When you select the ISO you get a simplified menu whose last option is "play as 3d". Make sure you haven't disabled BluRay menus in settings.

Yes, these are everything 3D films.

Up to now I have converted this into MKV:

name.3D.sbs.mkv.

But they are played no more properly.: (

I have not tried complete ISO again because did not function.
I try your tip. Thanks nicely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have this choice.: (

I have only:

- put into playlist
- play only this
- in favorite
- search
- Film information
- as seen pretend

My film is named: Movie 3D.iso

What do I make wrong?
OK, I have created it, but either the movie is played only side by side, or the device boots up.

MVC is not returned correctly.

over under-> OK,
Side by side-> OK,
mono / 2D -> ok
Like Movie-> side by side or crash.

In the setup I have MVC on. Film automatically also on.

Testbuild is from today.
Hi,

Using the latest build, I hear skips in the sound on multiple LiveTV channels.
I'm not able to record it for demonstation purposes - the skips are not present in the recording!

It's present on TV Channels with AC3 5.1 audio, but only when the Pi is set to Passthrough in audio settings.

What can I do to provide more info, which might help with this issue?
(2015-09-29, 19:39)freaktm Wrote: It's present on TV Channels with AC3 5.1 audio, but only when the Pi is set to Passthrough in audio settings.

Try setting:
"sync playback to display" to "enabled" and "A/V sync method" to "adjust PLL" and enable passthrough
or
"sync playback to display" to "enabled" and "A/V sync method" to "resample audio" and disable passthrough
or
"sync playback to display" to "disabled" and enable passthrough

and report back which of these help.
With regards to 3D iso playback. I am beginning to wonder if it is the structure of my files that is causing kodi to crash when I attempt to play in 3d as it only seems to affect certain files. Also, some will play for approximately 2 minutes and then crash Kodi. Does anyone know how to analyze the iso to determine if it is at fault? Although, I do own a Himedia player that plays all the files in 3D flawlessly
(2015-09-29, 19:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 19:39)freaktm Wrote: It's present on TV Channels with AC3 5.1 audio, but only when the Pi is set to Passthrough in audio settings.

Try setting:
"sync playback to display" to "enabled" and "A/V sync method" to "adjust PLL" and enable passthrough
or
"sync playback to display" to "enabled" and "A/V sync method" to "resample audio" and disable passthrough
or
"sync playback to display" to "disabled" and enable passthrough

and report back which of these help.

Thanks for the fast response.

The 2 last ones work properly with the sound (didn't take too much time checking image) - what's difference between passthrough enabled/disabled? Other than my receiver saying either "Dolby Digital" or "PCM bla bla" ? Is it easier on the Pi to passthrough?
(2015-09-29, 21:06)freaktm Wrote: The 2 last ones work properly with the sound (didn't take too much time checking image) - what's difference between passthrough enabled/disabled? Other than my receiver saying either "Dolby Digital" or "PCM bla bla" ? Is it easier on the Pi to passthrough?

Assuming you are connected via HDMI and your A/V receiver supports multichannel PCM (almost certainly does if it has HDMI inputs), then there should be no difference.
One way Kodi decodes the audio, and the other way the receiver does. Passthrough is good for Pi1 where CPU is weak, but Pi2 doesn't have a problem with decoding audio.

The advantage for disabling passthrough is kodi is able to resample the audio when the audio/video clocks needs adjustment
(live TV may require this as the clock of the backend is likely to be different to the clock of kodi, so a small amount of clock drift needs correction).

dvdplayer used to correct clocks with passthrough in a slightly ugly way of duplicating or dropping whole packets. That could result in audio glitches.
videoplayer no longer supports drop/dupe of passthrough audio.

So, options are to disable passthrough (allowing resampling), or disable "sync playback to display" which means audio is perfect but you may get video frame drops when clock adjustments are required.

Personally I'd disable passthrough.
Great, thanks! I'm in no way a "details" person, so I'll just go with option 2 if there's no performance hit on the Pi2.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0929: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.8 #1 Tue Sep 29 21:04:23 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 29 2015 13:19:06
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3bbf5122d0c4ff421c92d72871dbc8fa104a976d (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150929210333-#0929-gcd25a32 [Build #0929]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001737.646: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (cd25a326, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (8899d0b8, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware: video codec cleanup of userdata refactor, memtest on two cores
  2. libnfs: fix some reconnect issues
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Sep 29):
    • firmware: video codec: Cleanup of fix for regression from refactor userdata release mechanics in categoriser commit try 2. See: link
    • firmware: gencmd: Allow the memtest to run on two cores using arm_loader tasks
    • firmware: platform: Move board_info logging AFTER initialisation is complete
  2. OpenELEC:
    • scripts/build: usr/lib/cmake do not belong to target (PR:4342, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert "projects/WeTek_Play/filesystem: add dummy vdr-addon, will be … (PR:4329, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • [gitignore] Add library.kodi.audioengine makefile (PR:8123, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] only consider visible controls within grouplists for Container.Position (PR:8155, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. libnfs:
    • fix some reconnect issues (PR:130, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-09-29, 12:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 02:53)parcel Wrote: Bookmark probelm is may caused by RapidJSON. #0919 has problem.
Is there build YASL enabled?

Compare build #0928z for RPi2 with #0928, and see which crashes.

#0928: with RapidJSON
#0928z: with YASL

Thanks.

Edit: The debug-enabled crashlog submitted by Leopold didn't suggest anything JSON-related, but who knows... your testing will at least help rule that in or out. Although I suppose it's possible the actual crash is due to problems resulting from the failed FrameMove(), and so the stacktrace is largely unrelated.

I tested 0928z and probelm still exist. Thank you for test build Smile
#0917 seems to be no error build.

It happens no same bookmark between in '#0918 #0919' and '0920 and later'.
Whilst the "stutter every 9s" problem I had is fixed (by unplugging the USB IR receiver that was causing it), I still noticed several instances of momentary freezing whilst watching a movie (mp4 1080p 24hz avc1 with stereo audio, according to vlc) last night.

This was with #908, so if you can think of any bugs/issues with that which have been fixed in newer builds and could be responsible, I'll just update but otherwise I've uploaded the log and would be grateful if you could take a look, as it's obviously hard for me to check if it's fixed with a newer build when it only happened 3-4 times in 2hr, as far as I noticed anyway. Even though I rebooted just before watching the movie, the log is still about 350MB but I've zipped it down to 30MB. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing
I have an problem with Live TV with the latest builds, when viewing an TV channel it is using a wrong refresh rate (60Hz instead of 50Hz). This is only when viewing TV via "Channels" with the channels on the left, and the preview screen on the right. When I use "Guide" to switch to an TV channel it does switch to the correct refresh rate. This problem is present when using the latest builds, but a few weeks back it did switch the refresh rate correctly on the "Channels" screen.
Could shairplay be added and would it support airplay audio? Something may have done for this in OSMC?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238523&page=3
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10