• 97(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
Thanks @menakite, I'd not spotted code was needed there.

@FernetMenta We know when the Pi has finished it's part of the refresh rate change (it takes a few vsyncs and we do get a callback when that is done), but the TV may then take a number of seconds to stabilise, and there's nothing on the HDMI cable that shows when that is complete, so I don't think anything better can be done that using a GUI setting (or just living with losing the first few seconds).
(2015-10-03, 19:39)popcornmix Wrote: (or just living with losing the first few seconds).

Don't sound like much, but losing the first few seconds is really annoying when watching short clips - having to skip back all the time Wink
I've already asked about this on the OS-independant forum, since I thought it was a general Jarvis issue
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1003: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.10 #1 Sat Oct 3 21:56:59 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct  1 2015 21:08:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 5fdecad11966c4bfe1848493f7f5ae15a60627a3 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151003214213-#1003-g6c9a6c5 [Build #1003]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001717.882: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6c9a6c55, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3b6a503a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New kernel 4.1.10
  2. Bump glibc, libpng, libmicrohttpd
  3. Fix Video Settings dialog when using OMXPlayer
  4. Add support for the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
  5. @vdb86: This build disables power save in the RTL8192CU/RTL8192DU/RTL8812AU WiFi drivers - can you determine if this change has any effect on performance?
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • binary-addons: sync for isengard (PR:4356, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • add mkpkg_binary-addons-Isengard and clean up mkpkg_kodi* (PR:4353, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Update Amlogic kernel and WeTek proprietary DVB module (PR:4348, 2 commits, 16 files changed)
    • cpio: update to cpio-2.12 (f7a4e0a5)
    • glibc: update to glibc-2.22 (5447e1f4)
    • libpng: update to libpng-1.6.18 (cd56447d)
    • mesa: update to mesa-10.6.9 (1d08244e)
    • pciutils: update to pciutils-3.4.0 (88e7f0ed)
    • libmicrohttpd: update to libmicrohttpd-0.9.44 (f21a27a9)
    • linux: update to linux-4.1.10 (6c9a6c55)
  2. XBMC:
    • Additional long-press modifications (PR:8093, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [coverity] Handle some coverity ids (PR:8113, 5 commits, 6 files changed)
    • [guilib] add justify alignment for grouplist controls (PR:7809, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Minor cleanup for readability. (PR:8172, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Improve virtual keyboard layout for English (PR:8154, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cleanup] silent reorder warning (PR:8173, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: trust SAR of mkv container (PR:8168, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [input] fix onnext in dialog numeric after bab2486 (PR:8174, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Improve description of sets strings (PR:8106, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Update .gitignore for bootstrapped addons definition files (PR:8064, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • LinuxInputDevice: add support for multi-touch devices (PR:8129, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • Add Korean keyboard (PR:7952, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • [cleanup] remove more xbox related things tidy up slightly (PR:7449, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [input] fix ios build after 7aeff92 (PR:8175, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • correct offset by read ahead bytes when using SEEK_CUR/use ID3v2Tag instead of tag (PR:8107, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [input] add InputCodingTableKorean.cpp to Makefile (3af6f7d4)
    • [input] xcode sync for InputCodingTableKorean (7aeff924)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • squash ae sync (262662a8)
      • cmake: pi: add vcsm library (d54fadb7)
      • [omxplayer] Ensure MMAL renderer is used in BYPASS mode (52bedf55)
      • omxplayer: squash: Enable pause/resume again (e7af6ef0)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: trust SAR of mkv container (a76c1015)
      • LinuxInputDevice: add support for multi-touch devices (01034426)
  4. kernel 4.1.y_rebase:
      • Add support for the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro. (c6e87f4d)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm still having issues with my USB tuner randomly disappearing, even plugged directly into the RPi.

However, the issue I want to report particularly is that I can't get the EPG to display properly. It shows the channels and programmes for Radio but for TV it shows neither, even though TV - Channels lists both the TV and Radio channels. I tried clear data under Guide but that hasn't helped.

http://pastebin.com/BRe6fKkR
(2015-10-03, 16:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-10-03, 14:55)Azimono Wrote: You'll find it there: http://xbmclogs.com/pv6owicqz

Unfortunately that's not a crashlog - please read the first post in this thread in particular testing note #4.

Anyone using these test builds should automatically provide a crashlog when reporting a crash-related problem - they're not always useful (reproducing with a debug-enabled build usually provides far more relevant information) but not providing a crashlog at all just means I have to ask for it.

I hope this is better?

http://pastebin.com/yP0UEVAr
(2015-10-03, 19:39)popcornmix Wrote: Thanks @menakite, I'd not spotted code was needed there.

@FernetMenta We know when the Pi has finished it's part of the refresh rate change (it takes a few vsyncs and we do get a callback when that is done), but the TV may then take a number of seconds to stabilise, and there's nothing on the HDMI cable that shows when that is complete, so I don't think anything better can be done that using a GUI setting (or just living with losing the first few seconds).

@popcornmix I f you have an idea how to promote this into general code, let me know. Pausing or some other appropriate action after changing refresh rate is not VideoPlayer specific. paplayer or picture view need this too. That was the reason I removed the gui setting from the video section and moved it to system - video.
(2015-10-04, 13:15)Azimono Wrote: I hope this is better?

Thanks, it looks like the same issue others have reported with Bluray ISOs. We have a debug-enabled crashlog and other details from the command line but no solution yet.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I got stop playing after buffering in online streaming news addons(RT and CBSN).
Is it problem with power saving disabled in Realtek chipset wifi?
(2015-10-04, 15:36)parcel Wrote: I got stop playing after buffering in online streaming news addons(RT and CBSN).

Presumably you are using a Realtek WiFi chipset... would be a little surprising though as logically enabling power save is more likely to cause flaky WiFi... anything in kodi.log and dmesg/journalctl?
(2015-10-04, 15:34)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 13:15)Azimono Wrote: I hope this is better?

Thanks, it looks like the same issue others have reported with Bluray ISOs. We have a debug-enabled crashlog and other details from the command line but no solution yet.

I don't know if it helps, but here is a complete log with debug info:

http://pastebin.com/TDmVLe57
I dont know what happend but after updating to new build #1003 i can use web interface without problem
(2015-09-15, 11:32)grayback Wrote: Hello,

I tested it with nightly build on windows and the subtitle is working good. I just have the video half cut because kodi on windows can't handle 3D MVC MKV.

I made some other tests on my raspberry and the subtitle is ok when I deactivate "stereoscopic mode", kodi is just playing the file like a classic 2D file (ignoring the MVC stream). So I have the problem only in 3D stereoscopic and 2D monoscopic mode.

I tested older builds and last openelec beta and I have the same problem.
Hello,

I made a mkv sample with the subtitle problem :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1UIMsl...sp=sharing

@ popcornmix : could you have a look?

Thanks
(2015-10-04, 15:36)parcel Wrote: I got stop playing after buffering in online streaming news addons(RT and CBSN).

Don't think so, for me player stops playing mkv's from NFS share on LAN, after couple of seconds from start, with the 100% buffering message.
It happens only when "Sync playback to display" option is enabled, does not matter what a/v sync method is used.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1004: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.10 #1 Sun Oct 4 22:09:44 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct  4 2015 17:47:18
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e7d3d0fe7ae383863dbf177ba62c0807b12df0d5 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151004220853-#1004-g5a03629 [Build #1004]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001736.366: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5a036290, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d47ae09a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Revert memcpy optimisation in newclock5 - possible fix for Bluray ISO crashes (@cobric, @scotty144, @Azimono - please confirm)
  3. Possible fix for when "Dim" screensaver remains permanently enabled under certain circumstances
  4. Updated PR8147 fixing tag in profile login screen reported by @fab67
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 4):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add clear of polled register so linux doesn't report a timeout in bcm2709_boot_secondary. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Fix HAT probing to always restore the original state. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • [RBP] Add new kernel config options (PR:4358, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • imx-vpu: update to imx-vpu-5.4.31 (4bfb7217)
    • libXi: update to libXi-1.7.5 (9f3409e4)
    • pixman: update to pixman-0.32.8 (dbf14ed5)
    • pvr.mythtv: update to pvr.mythtv-8cb158c (94fc979e)
  3. XBMC:
    • [videothumbloader] skip thumb extraction for bluray items (PR:8156, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] move rollback feature to the update dialog (PR:8167, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • CMusicInfoTag: Add missing MBID values when set from artist, album and song.… (PR:8079, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
      • [screensaver] Avoid getting stuck in dim state when skin is reloaded (cf77f5d0)
      • Revert "[demuxer] Avoid memcpy on every demuxer packet" (d9bd2e7c)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] compare: Kodi 16 updates
    • Added: [env] 0af7c611: Linux: Move Color range to 4.1.10
    • Added: [env] 173291da: mesa: Bump to version 11.0.2
(2015-10-04, 15:39)Milhouse Wrote:

Presumably you are using a Realtek WiFi chipset... would be a little surprising though as logically enabling power save is more likely to cause flaky WiFi... anything in kodi.log and dmesg/journalctl?

It works after "Sync playback to display" option to disabled.

(2015-10-04, 20:30)Torentux Wrote:

Don't think so, for me player stops playing mkv's from NFS share on LAN, after couple of seconds from start, with the 100% buffering message.
It happens only when "Sync playback to display" option is enabled, does not matter what a/v sync method is used.

Thank you it works.

(edit) Additionally in my case, 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' option works better.
CBSN addon still stop after buffering with 'Sync playback to display' disabled. It's not error, just stop.

(edit) 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' also not work on CBSN addon.

(edit) It also happens on RPi2's builtin LAN port. It is not a WLAN problem.

http://xbmclogs.com/piid3buwv#
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10