• 98(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
I did a quick test this morning with some of my 3d iso's on the new build. One file in particular that always crashed kodi doesn't crash anymore but it still won't play and just returns to the home screen. Another file that used to play will now only play audio with no picture. A third file that would play for a minute or two still does the same and then crashes Kodi.

Baby steps. Thanks for the attention and perseverance Milhouse.
(2015-10-05, 06:05)parcel Wrote: It works after "Sync playback to display" option to disabled.

Yes, "Sync playback to display" is broken for some files (with omxplayer disabled). I've given Fernet a sample, so hopefully a fix soon.
Disable it, or enable omxplayer for now.
(2015-10-04, 12:38)doveman2 Wrote: I'm still having issues with my USB tuner randomly disappearing, even plugged directly into the RPi.

However, the issue I want to report particularly is that I can't get the EPG to display properly. It shows the channels and programmes for Radio but for TV it shows neither, even though TV - Channels lists both the TV and Radio channels. I tried clear data under Guide but that hasn't helped.

http://pastebin.com/BRe6fKkR

Just to clarify, the EPG is populated in the browser interface, it's just in OE that it's not showing any TV channels.

Is there a file or files I can try deleting to reset it, as clear data doesn't help?
(2015-10-05, 11:51)scotty144 Wrote: I did a quick test this morning with some of my 3d iso's on the new build. One file in particular that always crashed kodi doesn't crash anymore but it still won't play and just returns to the home screen. Another file that used to play will now only play audio with no picture. A third file that would play for a minute or two still does the same and then crashes Kodi.

Baby steps. Thanks for the attention and perseverance Milhouse.

My RPi2 crashes in the same manner as before, starting with the anmated KODI Logo
(2015-10-05, 18:11)querty1000 Wrote: My RPi2 crashes in the same manner as before, starting with the anmated KODI Logo

A cut down sample that causes the crash would be ideal. Otherwise PM me a release name that crashes and I'll see if I can find it.
Seem to be having some issues with build 1003. Getting random lockups within a minute or two of powering on the pi. Kodi.bin jumps to 100% CPU usage.
The activity light on the pi stays solid green, video playback stops, unable to connect via ssh or samba, debug log stops populating.
No crashlog is produced

Not doing anything in particular to cause it. Can be watching a video. Just leaving it on the main menu.
I haven't updated in a few days so I'll try to narrow the build that it starts with.

just checked, the build I had previously which was ok was 1001 so can only be 1002 or 1003
(2015-10-05, 20:28)bagofcrap24 Wrote: just checked, the build I had previously which was ok was 1001 so can only be 1002 or 1003

It's always useful if you can identify a specific build.
RPi2 fails to connect to USB SMB Share when moved from direct USB port to USB hub.
I use SMB share from a Win8.1 file server.
The SMB share drive letter does not change (D:\) and the SMB address does not change (smb://192.168.0.102/Video/)
A windows build of Kodi handles this fine, the RPi2 fails to open files.
Moving the USB drive from the hub back to a direct connection fixes the problem.
On the RPi I'd have to remove the SMB source, and re-add/re-scan for it to work from the USB hub.
Very odd.

Error Log http://sprunge.us/BbEa
(2015-10-05, 20:40)J_E_F_F Wrote: RPi2 fails to connect to USB SMB Share when moved from direct USB port to USB hub.

This is more likely to be an OS-level issue - how does 5.95.5 on RPi handle this situation?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-10-05, 20:38)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 20:28)bagofcrap24 Wrote: just checked, the build I had previously which was ok was 1001 so can only be 1002 or 1003

It's always useful if you can identify a specific build.

I've yet to be able to get build 1002 to freeze so it's looking like build 1003 is where the issue first arrives
(2015-10-05, 21:05)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 20:40)J_E_F_F Wrote: RPi2 fails to connect to USB SMB Share when moved from direct USB port to USB hub.

This is more likely to be an OS-level issue - how does 5.95.5 on RPi handle this situation?

It fails as well
(2015-10-05, 21:31)bagofcrap24 Wrote: I've yet to be able to get build 1002 to freeze so it's looking like build 1003 is where the issue first arrives

Shout if you change your mind. In #1103 the most likely change is bump to kernel 4.1.10.

You're not using wifi are you? There was a change there.
Update to glibc is also possible.
In fact there were several libraries bumped and a number on kodi commits. Always the way...

But, if ssh stops working it's more likely something in the kernel, so 4.1.10 is most likely.
Milhouse is it easy to revert the kernel bump to check?
(2015-10-05, 21:41)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 21:31)bagofcrap24 Wrote: I've yet to be able to get build 1002 to freeze so it's looking like build 1003 is where the issue first arrives

Shout if you change your mind. In #1103 the most likely change is bump to kernel 4.1.10.

In fact there were several libraries bumped and a number on kodi commits. Always the way...

But, if ssh stops working it's more likely something in the kernel, so 4.1.10 is most likely.

still going strong on 1102 at the minute.
I'm Hardwired
here is the log i had yesterday using 1103
http://pastebin.com/qkDfNZRL

I don't know if it will show anything useful
notepad++ picks up a load of null data at the end of the log which isnt shown in the pastebin

The one odd thing I will add.
Yesterday I was having the freezes within a few minutes of boot on 1103.
but then one boot it worked fine. I watched TVShows all night.
A CRON job restarted the Pi2 @ 4:55 am
an addon then updates the video library at 5 am but it didnt get that far. It had frozen before the 5 minutes had passed after rebooting.
when I got home it was already frozen.
reboot initiated the library scan and freezes continued afterwards.
So I'm a bit confused how 1 boot had no issues and lasted for about 12 hours before the CRON rebooted it. yet before and after that single working boot. I've had pretty much guaranteed freezes within minutes of powering on.
(2015-10-05, 21:41)popcornmix Wrote: Shout if you change your mind. In #1103 the most likely change is bump to kernel 4.1.10.

As you point out, it could be the new kernel or one of the updated libraries... it might be time for a clean build.

I'll clean build with 4.1.10 (will take a couple of hours) and publish that as the next release, then build again with 4.1.9 and publish that as an experimental build - if 4.1.10 continues to lock up then try 4.1.9.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-10-05, 22:10)Milhouse Wrote: I'll clean build with 4.1.10 (will take a couple of hours) and publish that as the next release, then build again with 4.1.9 and publish that as an experimental build - if 4.1.10 continues to lock up then try 4.1.9.

Possible evidence of kernel crashes here, but need to check if reverting fixes his problem.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10