OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-29, 09:20)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 06:38)menakite Wrote: I remember looking at the big rename diff and noticing PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER being replace with PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer, so that part needs actual written code.
I believe it's just an overlooked grep and there was no intention to break existing add-ons. I think we should deprecate PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER, but it should be added back and return the same value as PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer.
(Will look at it later today.)

Edit: Not saying that updating the add-on once VideoPlayer is merged is not an acceptable option, of course.
Not a single addon should ever dictate what player it uses. Period.
The option where an addon could dictate what player to use has been deprecated in pydocs for at least two versions or more.
Any addon doing this is wrong and they should fix it theirselves. So we should not introduce backwards compatibility because some plugin does something stupid. 99% of the other plugins just work
why didn't we simply drop this feature? AlTheKiller had a PR for that and it got voted down.

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by da-anda - 2015-10-29, 11:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10