• 129(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
They also happen without any overlays. News channels seem to show it the most
Here is a debug from build 1103
(2015-11-03, 19:23)doldi Wrote: with hifiberry dac+ i have no sound on my Rpi2

#1102: Analog output

Same here on #1103. Files seem to be playing on fast forward and speakers are giving off a soft, crackling noise. Updated from #1024 where playback was fine.
For anyone having TV problems:

Try a USB device with USB bridge chip Cypress CY68013 (DVBSKY S960 or similar for DVB-S/S2) or Cypress CY7C68013A-56LTXC (DVBSKY T330 or similar for DVB-C/T/T2) and the boot string boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0xF quiet. I.e. any device supported by the dvbsky.c driver. These devices appear to use bulk instead of isosynchronous on their USB endpoints and presumably that's why they work better with the primitive USB implementation of RPi/RPi2 (when I say primitive I mean compared to EHCI/xHCI standards). Also use TVHeadend 4.1-776~gd3e541d since latest appear to have a bug with the web interface.

My transport stream dropouts have gone down dramatically from 2-5 per minute to 2-3 per hour and now I can watch cable HD channels for hours on end and with little interruption from decoding artifacts introduced by missing packets. All other devices I have tried were unstable under OE on RPi2, specifically anything with Empia em28xx chips for USB.

For anything with a PCIe slot, use the "prosumer" Digital Devices cards, you won't regret it. It will save you a lot of time wasted on USB device and driver fiddling.

To add: From build 1101 to 1102 DVB broke for me completely:
Nov 04 19:32:17 RPI2 tvheadend[714]: mpegts: 450MHz in Kabel Deutschland - scan no data, failed
Katastrophentourist
(2015-11-04, 17:16)Really? Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 19:23)doldi Wrote: with hifiberry dac+ i have no sound on my Rpi2

#1102: Analog output

Same here on #1103. Files seem to be playing on fast forward and speakers are giving off a soft, crackling noise. Updated from #1024 where playback was fine.

Same problem with hifiberry digi+ here there is no sound with #1102 and #1103.

#1102 build alsa output is selectable (no sound) in system settings
#1103 build alsa output isn't selectable in system settings

Tried aplay -l and it shows the hifiberry as output device and there are no changes in the config.txt.

#1101 build is working just fine

Keep up the good work guys !
Well,
with #1103 my hifiberry dac+ have no sound on my Rpi2.
alsa output isn't selectable in system settings - there is nothing to chance/select ;-)
Some of the dvb-s channels in SD are mpeg2 streams, no MMAL Advanced deinterlacing is available there, only Deinterlace (half), and that is gray, nothing else is selectable. The quality is far from good with this deinterlacing method. Is there a way to enable MMAL Advanced for mpeg2 too?

I'm not sure, but I recall it was available in some previous builds.
(2015-11-04, 20:19)gurabli Wrote: Some of the dvb-s channels in SD are mpeg2 streams, no MMAL Advanced deinterlacing is available there, only Deinterlace (half), and that is gray, nothing else is selectable. The quality is far from good with this deinterlacing method. Is there a way to enable MMAL Advanced for mpeg2 too?

You need the MPEG-2 codec licence and then you get GPU deinterlace.
Without the codec and you get software decode and Deinterlace (half). It should be decent quality but only half framerate (e.g. 480i60 -> 480p30 rather than 480i60 -> 480p60).
That's it, thanks! I have the mpeg2 license, just didn't enter it on the new sdcard install Smile

Btw, is overclocking still needed for mmal-advanced? If yes, what values?
(2015-11-04, 20:27)gurabli Wrote: That's it, thanks! I have the mpeg2 license, just didn't enter it on the new sdcard install Smile

Btw, is overclocking still needed for mmal-advanced? If yes, what values?

No need. It will apply automatically.
Hi i have installed your latest testbuild on a rasperry b (v1) and i have some problems to play mkv files. here is the debug.log

when i play a mkv from a smb share, the video doesnt start. the player hangs. these problems doesnt occour with kodi v14. only since v15 (openelec 5.x and higher) this problem occurs.
in the debug.log there are some error messages. the video file runs perfectly with other players in windows, but not this openelec version.
(2015-11-04, 23:54)SB9x Wrote: Hi i have installed your latest testbuild on a rasperry b (v1) and i have some problems to play mkv files. here is the debug.log

when i play a mkv from a smb share, the video doesnt start. the player hangs. these problems doesnt occour with kodi v14. only since v15 (openelec 5.x and higher) this problem occurs.
in the debug.log there are some error messages. the video file runs perfectly with other players in windows, but not this openelec version.

Does it fail when played locally (from sdcard or USB stick)?
(2015-11-04, 23:54)SB9x Wrote: Hi i have installed your latest testbuild on a rasperry b (v1) and i have some problems to play mkv files. here is the debug.log

Is this with every MKV from smb:// - there's only one file shown in your debug log. I've tested 5 MKVs over smb:// on RPi1 with #1104 (currently uploading) and no problems.

You can test the last Kodi 14 builds here and then the earliest Kodi 15 builds here - perhaps you can identify the build which introduced this problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-05, 00:29)Milhouse Wrote:

Is this with every MKV from smb:// - there's only one file shown in your debug log. I've tested 5 MKVs over smb:// on RPi1 with #1104 (currently uploading) and no problems.

You can test the last Kodi 14 builds here and then the earliest Kodi 15 builds here - perhaps you can identify the build which introduced this problem.

mhh ...it works when i play a mkv file from a usb stick. i had used the kodi version (before i have installed openelec), which you can install via apt-get install kodi in raspbian. i could not identify the exactly build for you.

i have noticed, when i put a tar update into the update folder, the rasperrys network performance is very poor under openelec.
(2015-11-05, 00:35)SB9x Wrote: i could not identify the exactly build for you.

Well, now you can - see links in my post. Smile

It shouldn't take long to confirm if the problem is in the last Kodi 14 test build, or not (if it is, try some older Kodi 14 test builds to be sure). If the last Kodi 14 test build is OK then work through the Kodi 15 test builds until the problem appears.

Knowing if this is a regression or not is useful but comparing OpenELEC builds with some-other-operating-system build is not so helpful, there are too many differences. Knowing when the problem started makes a fix much more likely.

Uploading a sample file will also help - it could be an encoding issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10