OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-11-04, 00:07)popcornmix Wrote: The Advanced deinterlace at 1080i60 is expensive. It generates a lot of sdram traffic.
DVB USB dongles generate a lot of data, and depending on the driver, it may need to read prompty to avoid losing data.

The suspicion is that the heavy sdram traffic delays the USB driver occasionally and it loses a packet, causing corruption in the video.

Now there may be ways of working around this. Forcing the deinterlace to spread out its sdram accesses the right amount may solve this.
E.g. currently deinterlace might take 13ms every 16ms. If I were to make the deinterlace pause for 10us every 100us, it would still likely get it's job done,
and hopefully the USB driver won't be held up during the pauses.

Unfortunately it's not something I can test (I have encrypted cable at home, and too weak a terrestrial signal at both work and home).
I may be able to produce a test build that attempts this (perhaps with a config setting to tweak how frequent/long the pauses are).

@bagofcrap24 @polo_joe

I've added a test setting to see if we can fix the artefacts with advanced 1080i deinterlave and locally attached DVB dongle.
Use latest Milhouse build and add:
Code:
hvs_priority=0xN0000000

Replace the N with a hex digit from 0 to f (i.e. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b,c,d,e,f). That number determines how long to pause for, with 0 meaning no change in behaviour, to f means lots of pausing.
Start with 8, and if you still have artefacts then increase it, and if no artefacts then decrease it. Try to find the minimum setting that doesn't have artefacts.
Too high a setting will cause lagging of the video, as the deinterlace will take longer. Hopefully there will be a value that fixes artefacts and doesn't have lagging.

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by popcornmix - 2015-11-07, 13:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10