• 136(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-11-11, 01:56)Milhouse Wrote: Build Highlights:
  1. Use ALSA-to-PulseAudio bridge

I have usb audiodac (pcm 2704) with optical and coax. I can't choose it (spdif) on this build in passthrough output device. Just grey Pi:HDMI there and nothing more. All was good before.
(2015-11-11, 15:51)MONSTA Wrote: I have usb audiodac (pcm 2704) with optical and coax. I can't choose it (spdif) on this build in passthrough output device. Just grey Pi:HDMI there and nothing more. All was good before.

OK will not include in the next build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm installing the last built..I wanna try to delete this cache, because I did many update and I think that old temp cache could be a problem...
Where are this files? it's dangerous to delete them? thank u
(2015-11-11, 18:39)gara93 Wrote: I'm installing the last built..I wanna try to delete this cache, because I did many update and I think that old temp cache could be a problem...
Where are this files? it's dangerous to delete them? thank u

In ~/.kodi/temp/
In general deleting anything from .kodi/temp (with kodi not running) should be safe - there should only be temporary files in there.
In noob terms...does this bluetooth audio thing mean that I can plug in a USB bluetooth dongle to my Rpi2 and listen using BT headphones?
I'm having some playback problems since a while (mainly tv recordings):
With MMAL, skipping sometimes freezes the video, sometimes it only continues stuttering, i had even complete freezes that required a kodi restart.
With OMX, playback and skipping is much nicer, but the AC3 sound mutes a few seconds before every show/commercial boundary, and the video freezes soon after. If i switch to the mp2 track everything's fine, but i can't make that setting the default (also, the hd channels don't have one)
(2015-11-11, 20:27)speising Wrote: I'm having some playback problems since a while (mainly tv recordings):
With MMAL, skipping sometimes freezes the video, sometimes it only continues stuttering, i had even complete freezes that required a kodi restart.

Can you provide a sample file that provokes this behaviour reliably?
I use usb spdif with this build i can't choose it anymore.

(2015-11-11, 18:35)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 15:51)MONSTA Wrote: I have usb audiodac (pcm 2704) with optical and coax. I can't choose it (spdif) on this build in passthrough output device. Just grey Pi:HDMI there and nothing more. All was good before.

(2015-11-11, 21:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 20:27)speising Wrote: I'm having some playback problems since a while (mainly tv recordings):

Can you provide a sample file that provokes this behaviour reliably?

Unfortunately not. It seems to occur more frequently when skipping back, and i see "buffering 100%", but i can't really reproduce it at will.
(2015-11-11, 23:10)speising Wrote: Unfortunately not. It seems to occur more frequently when skipping back, and i see "buffering 100%", but i can't really reproduce it at will.

Could you check if you are having the freeze issues with #1101 and then with #1102?

I'm having freezes with Live TV (and recordings) since build #1102 on my RPi and I trying to find a reliable way to reproduce it but it's too random. It may take a couple of minutes or more than 30. I'll try to post debug logs and a sample later.
Just a warning that I suspect the latest (i.e. tonight's) Milhouse build is probably broken, so don't update from Leopold's add-on until you've seen the official announcement post.
Just want confirm In this build my HiFiBerry digi (spdif coax output) works again!

However.... like others with different spdif devices I can not select it as a passthough device either (eg like Monsta).

(2015-11-11, 21:26)Pienoet Wrote: I use usb spdif with this build i can't choose it anymore.

(2015-11-11, 18:35)Milhouse Wrote:

(2015-11-11, 14:19)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 12:55)parcel Wrote: (edit) delete all '.fi' files in temp folder, problem is gone. Thank you! Smile

Actually I've seen that has been needed a few times with nightly builds.
They are cache files which I think can become invalid when a PR gets modified (as often happens when they are pulled into these builds before merging).

I wonder how much cost you'd suffer from deleting them on each boot? If it's negligible it might be worth doing this on each boot (or each update).

It's not much. The problem appears just two times. Deleting '.fi' files at updating is good idea.
Did you make a backup of a .fi file that is causing a crash in recent builds?
I'd like to understand the cause so that we may find a way to invalidate caches.

I *guess* it finds, or does not find, something unexpected in the cached file.
If that's true, this might be the cause of the recent crash:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/42c1...f42d91da2d
and this may have been causing the crash in October (but you said it started _around_ #0919):
https://github.com/AlwinEsch/kodi/commit...eef3172652
(2015-11-12, 03:34)menakite Wrote: Did you make a backup of a .fi file that is causing a crash in recent builds?
I'd like to understand the cause so that we may find a way to invalidate caches.

I *guess* it finds, or does not find, something unexpected in the cached file.
If that's true, this might be the cause of the recent crash:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/42c1...f42d91da2d
and this may have been causing the crash in October (but you said it started _around_ #0919):
https://github.com/AlwinEsch/kodi/commit...eef3172652

Sorry, No backup files.

CID#1316471 may made problem.
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10