• 141(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
It tells something about missing dependencies and lists about every skin installed (except Confluence I think).
(2015-11-15, 01:22)Milhouse Wrote: @popcornmix/@HiassofT: So is this a bug in the i2s driver (that is triggered by PR:4411), or is it a bug only in PR:4411? Or is there a problem in both the driver and PR:4411?
These are 2 separate issues.

The bug in PR:4411 causes some alsa devices no longer to show up in kodi. This happens both with snd_bcm2835 (onboard analog audio, so it's quite easy to reproduce on a stock RPi) and I2S cards. Most likely the line mentioned by popcornmix causes this.

The backtrace in the kernel log when closing an I2S device is a different thing. It's most likely harmless, but still should be fixed. notro already had an idea for a fix: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pul...-156745629

BTW: build 1114 is fine, both snd_bcm2835 and the iqaudio dacplus i2s card show up in kodi again.

so long,

Hias
@Milhouse. I agree with HassofT's reading of the issue. Can you include PR:4411 in tonight's build but reinstate the suspiciously removed line:
Code:
EnumerateDevice(list, "default", "", config);

just to confirm if it is exactly that line.
(2015-11-15, 13:46)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: It tells something about missing dependencies and lists about every skin installed (except Confluence I think).

You'll need to contact the skin authors. If there's a bug then fine, we can see if there's a fix, but if the skins are no longer compatible (see PR8239 introduced in build #1101) then they now need updating to be considered "Kodi 16 compatible".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@popcornmix: will do.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
HD live TV seems much improved Smile

I'm using #1113 and I'm not seeing any green pixelation or stuttering with advanced deinterlace. My backend is on a separate Pi though.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-11-15, 21:35)Leopold Wrote: HD live TV seems much improved Smile

I'm using #1113 and I'm not seeing any green pixelation or stuttering with advanced deinterlace. My backend is on a separate Pi though.

Can you identify when this happened?
It was possibly with 1111b which increased the usb priority compared to deinterlace code, but it would be nice to confirm if that is definitely the case.
Is there any chance to give a rough estimate when libaacs support will come back?
(2015-11-15, 22:26)nalor Wrote: Is there any chance to give a rough estimate when libaacs support will come back?

What problem are you experiencing with libaacs disabled - are you trying to play encrypted disks directly from optical media?
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1115: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.0 #1 Sun Nov 15 21:02:47 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov 11 2015 21:36:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 54011a8ad59a9ae1c40bd07cddd9bcf90e779b66 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151115210151-#1115-g60c4d40 [Build #1115]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001690.718: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (60c4d40d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (8b6a4b80, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi 16.0 beta 2
  2. Bump to ffmpeg 2.8.2
  3. Restored PR:4411, dropped first hunk from first commit
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • bump to 16.0 beta 2 (PR:8387, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [repo] Only fetch the addons.xml for the current version (PR:8388, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FFMpeg: Bump to 2.8.2-Jarvis-beta2 (PR:8391, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. pvr.hts:
    • Fix WIN32 build breaker (added missing include for std::min) (PR:137, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] d3a99d6c: ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-2.8.2
    • Added: [env] patch: Fix PR4411 PulseAudio/i2s breakage
(2015-11-15, 23:12)Milhouse Wrote: What problem are you experiencing with libaacs disabled - are you trying to play encrypted disks directly from optical media?

I'm trying to play encrypted iso files in 2D (this worked in the past without problems) and 3D if possible.

But just for interest I could really try to play discs also directly from optical drive Wink
(2015-11-16, 00:00)nalor Wrote: I'm trying to play encrypted iso files in 2D (this worked in the past without problems) and 3D if possible.

But just for interest I could really try to play discs also directly from optical drive Wink

It's being looked into, but on Pi the number of users of encrypted optical disks is probably a lot less than users of unencrypted ISOs, so unless there's a fix I'm not sure it will be back any time soon. Sad
Since build 1103 this commit is applied https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/c...de08404cca which causes that PVR groups are not synchronized with backend. What is the point of this or is it just a bug?
(2015-11-16, 06:46)illiac4 Wrote: Since build 1103 this commit is applied https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/c...de08404cca which causes that PVR groups are not synchronized with backend. What is the point of this or is it just a bug?

I've no idea. Ping @fritsch.

Edit: I see you've asked on github PR:4414 and that's the best place for this discussion (no need having it in two places). Smile
(2015-11-15, 23:54)Milhouse Wrote: [*]Restored PR:4411, dropped first hunk from first commit

Anyone with i2s/hifiberry issues can they please confirm the situation after #1115, thanks.

Edit: Also, is the "passthrough output device" option enabled in #1115, or does it remain greyed out?
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10