• 144(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-11-19, 08:12)Ollo Wrote: I did some testing using a installation from scratch without changing configuration except audio output. The TV (HDMI passtrough) and HifiBerry are connected to the receiver via SPDIF/TOSLINK.
  • OE6.0
    • ALSA passtrough: AC3 detected but no sound; DTS is OK
    • HDMI passtrough: AC3 is ok, DTS unknown as blocked by the TV
  • #1005 - as OE6
    • ALSA passtrough: No AC3; No DTS just Stereo PCM
    • HDMI passtrough: No AC3; No DTS just Stereo PCM

Okay, that's a VideoPlayer issue. You can't have "sync playback to display" and passthrough enabled.
If you disable sync playback to display passthrough should return.
I think you can also have sync playback to display enabled if you change resample method to "adjust pll".
Does anybody have some mild overclock settings for the RPi2 to speed up the interface a bit?
(2015-11-20, 16:43)SofaKng Wrote: Does anybody have some mild overclock settings for the RPi2 to speed up the interface a bit?

Something like:
Code:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500

Should work on most devices and will help a little.
However choice of sdcard has a much larger effect on how fast/slow kodi runs.
A Samsung EVO or NOOBS card are good choices.
(2015-11-20, 15:16)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 08:12)Ollo Wrote: I did some testing using a installation from scratch without changing configuration except audio output. The TV (HDMI passtrough) and HifiBerry are connected to the receiver via SPDIF/TOSLINK.
  • OE6.0
    • ALSA passtrough: AC3 detected but no sound; DTS is OK
    • HDMI passtrough: AC3 is ok, DTS unknown as blocked by the TV
  • #1005 - as OE6
    • ALSA passtrough: No AC3; No DTS just Stereo PCM
    • HDMI passtrough: No AC3; No DTS just Stereo PCM

Okay, that's a VideoPlayer issue. You can't have "sync playback to display" and passthrough enabled.
If you disable sync playback to display passthrough should return.
I think you can also have sync playback to display enabled if you change resample method to "adjust pll".

Thanks a lot that change bring DTS back and AC3 is detected. So the same status as on OE6. Any idea why there is no sound hearable on AC3?
(2015-11-20, 16:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 16:43)SofaKng Wrote: Does anybody have some mild overclock settings for the RPi2 to speed up the interface a bit?

Something like:
Code:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500

Should work on most devices and will help a little.
However choice of sdcard has a much larger effect on how fast/slow kodi runs.
A Samsung EVO or NOOBS card are good choices.
Thanks very much. I just received my NOOBS card. Should I re-format it and write the OpenELEC image, or can I use the OpenELEC image already on there? (at least I think NOOBS includes OpenELEC?)
(2015-11-20, 17:44)SofaKng Wrote: Thanks very much. I just received my NOOBS card. Should I re-format it and write the OpenELEC image, or can I use the OpenELEC image already on there? (at least I think NOOBS includes OpenELEC?)

If you just want OpenELEC then I'd suggest reformatting it.
NOOBS is good for trying a few distributions, but it takes up sdcard storage space compared to a direct install.
Thanks popcornmix. I wasn't sure if the NOOBS card had any other tweaks on it. (I only ordered the NOOBS card because I've heard good things about the speed/quality of it; I really don't want the multiple operating system choice, etc)
(2015-11-20, 22:33)SofaKng Wrote: Thanks popcornmix. I wasn't sure if the NOOBS card had any other tweaks on it. (I only ordered the NOOBS card because I've heard good things about the speed/quality of it; I really don't want the multiple operating system choice, etc)

The NOOBS card has good performance (specifically the important random access 4K read/writes) which is why it's recommended.
It's fine to format and install OE on it. It will still have good performance.
(2015-11-18, 14:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-18, 13:26)motorherz Wrote: What did you changed since 1116?

It's all in the release notes. There were some AE (Audio Engine) changes which may account for the improved behaviour.

(2015-11-18, 13:26)motorherz Wrote: should I test some earlier releases for you to find out, when the sound stops?

Knowing when the problem started would certainly help improve any understanding of why it had been broken, and avoid a repeat.

(2015-11-18, 13:26)motorherz Wrote: Or did you allready found out the reason for the silence?

Don't think so - I suspect it's just by pure chance/coincidence that a code change in #1117 fixed this issue - I doubt anyone has had a chance to look into your original report, let alone understand why it was broken in the first place.

If you are able to identify the first build that breaks audio then that might help narrow down the precise cause.

Hi, I'm confused now...
today I wanted to do some tests with the 1117 build. and now I'm confused. I tried to play again my 1:1 images, but today none of my ISO files does work in 3d mode. 2d mode still with sound. but everytime, when I switch to 3d (framepacking in my case), it becomes silent. really strange!
Are you able to reproduce my problem with some of your 1:1 3d.ISO's?
btw. 1119 has no effect. It is still silent.
What can be the problem?
(2015-11-21, 02:11)motorherz Wrote: Hi, I'm confused now...
today I wanted to do some tests with the 1117 build. and now I'm confused. I tried to play again my 1:1 images, but today none of my ISO files does work in 3d mode. 2d mode still with sound. but everytime, when I switch to 3d (framepacking in my case), it becomes silent. really strange!
What can be the problem?

I don't have any 3D displays that support framepacking (or any form of 3D) so can't really test this - the one 3D ISO I do have is working in SBS mode (both left and right "eyes" displayed on my 2D monitor).

Can you upload a debug log (wiki) when playing back one of your 3D ISOs when the sound is not being heard? Include the whole log, from boot. Upload to a pastebin site.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-21, 02:20)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 02:11)motorherz Wrote: Hi, I'm confused now...
What can be the problem?

I don't have any 3D displays that support framepacking (or any form of 3D) so can't really test this - the one 3D ISO I do have is working in SBS mode (both left and right "eyes" displayed on my 2D monitor).

Can you upload a debug log (wiki) when playing back one of your 3D ISOs when the sound is not being heard? Include the whole log, from boot. Upload to a pastebin site.

is this the correct file?

https://paste.ee/p/YQOub

I started watching in 2d and switched to 3d
by the way, the problem is also when I change to SBS mode
(2015-11-21, 03:13)motorherz Wrote: is this the correct file?

Yes, thanks. I don't know if it contains anything relevant, there are some audio/video related errors, but @popcornmix will know for sure.

(2015-11-21, 03:13)motorherz Wrote: I started watching in 2d and switched to 3d

No problems here switching from 2D to SBS and back, although as I said I only have one 3D ISO and no 3D equipment.

What are your video/audio settings (can you screenshot Settings -> Video -> Playback and Settings -> System -> Audio output pages)?

You said here that you only went back as far as build #1021, as you thought framepacking had only been available since build #1023. Framepacking has in fact been available since build #0315 (15 March) so going back further than #1021 might help identify when this problem started.

Edit: 3D ISO support was added in #0916, so that's probably as far back as you can go.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1120: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.0 #1 Fri Nov 20 23:19:52 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov 18 2015 15:48:41
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0c9af7cde38e223c95c3404f468db8fc5004495c (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151120231902-#1120-g297af74 [Build #1120]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001696.228: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (297af74b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (7f70035d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Bump systemd, dbus
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • kodi: remove uneeded patch that breaks audio handling (PR:4456, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Revert "attr: typo and fix PKG_DEPENDS_HOST" (9ff1c848)
    • Revert "attr: add support for host-build" (00333774)
    • xf86-video-amdgpu: update to xf86-video-amdgpu-1.0.0 (b1401c72)
    • kodi-binary-addons: update binary addons (bb1a1eb2)
    • kodi: remove own keymappings patches (1b9873eb)
    • kodi: update to kodi-16.0-beta2-64de219 (26ad31db)
    • kodi: add PR8411 (297af74b)
  2. XBMC:
    • builtins: fix Container.Refresh after ac870b6. (PR:8410, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • redact filenames in smbfile log output (PR:8408, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [music] When adding a new music directory, ask the user if he wants t… (PR:8395, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [PVR] Fix Timer Status UI inconsistencies (PR:8399, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [lang] correct wrong (duplicated) numeric ID (7f70035d)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • gl: split output stage from convolution shaders (85928975)
      • [win32] Fix vs project filter. (1db0e118)
      • [win32] Add handling of DispResResource. (4a806ab1)
      • [win32] Change way to delayed dll load. (fad2c42e)
      • Merge pull request #318 from afedchin/videoplayer (bb0ebe93)
      • CAdvancedSettings: add <glmipmapping> (bool) (05297da6)
      • CGLTexture: perform trilinear filtering if enabled (b1aeaed8)
      • squash: Fix mipmap generation for GL ES (dcd3c26c)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • renderer: fix forced deinterlacing for non-render methods (d50cd634)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:4457: dbus: update to version 1.10.4
    • Added: [env] PR:4458: systemd: update to version 228
    • Reverted: [pkg] 7f70035d: [lang] correct wrong (duplicated) numeric ID (Reason: needs VideoPlayer rebase)
(2015-11-21, 03:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 03:13)motorherz Wrote: is this the correct file?

Yes, thanks. I don't know if it contains anything relevant, there are some audio/video related errors, but @popcornmix will know for sure.

(2015-11-21, 03:13)motorherz Wrote: I started watching in 2d and switched to 3d

No problems here switching from 2D to SBS and back, although as I said I only have one 3D ISO and no 3D equipment.

What are your video/audio settings (can you screenshot Settings -> Video -> Playback and Settings -> System -> Audio output pages)?

You said here that you only went back as far as build #1021, as you thought framepacking had only been available since build #1023. Framepacking has in fact been available since build #0315 (15 March) so going back further than #1021 might help identify when this problem started.

Edit: 3D ISO support was added in #0916, so that's probably as far back as you can go.

when write, the framepacking is available since 1021, I mean, there is the menu when the movie starts, where I can select 3d/2d. All earlier builds dont show this menu - so I cannot select 3d...
I miss this menu also in the official (6.0) release. thats why I dont have 3d support without this menu

this here:

EDIT:
After several tests, I found out the reason for the missing sound!
The problem is in: setup/video-hardware/resolution
When I set to 1080p, the Pi2 is silent when playing 3d framepacked video with HD-audio
When I reduce the resolution to "desktop", I have sound. This setting will produce only 1080i/60 framepacked video with HD-audio.
I hope, you can find a way to optimize this setting, lets hope, the Pi2 is fast enough to play 1080p framepacked 3d.ISO with converting HD-Audio content to PCM!!!
(2015-11-21, 03:55)Milhouse Wrote: [*]CAdvancedSettings: add <glmipmapping> (bool) (05297da6)
[*]CGLTexture: perform trilinear filtering if enabled (b1aeaed8)

See PR:8409

An advancedsetting.xml file like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <glmipmapping>true</glmipmapping>
</advancedsettings>
will enable mipmapping. In theory it will probably slow down the gui a little and may improve the quality of posters (particularly ones that have been resized down).
Feel free to try and report back if you can see a difference.
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10