• 149(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
@bagofcrap24 - What happens if you disable the Avahi service in OpenELEC Settings addon, does build #1124y then reboot reliably?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-26, 13:02)Milhouse Wrote: @bagofcrap24 - What happens if you disable the Avahi service in OpenELEC Settings addon, does build #1124y then reboot reliably?

No it still fails to reboot even with Avahi disabled
(2015-11-26, 14:21)bagofcrap24 Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 13:02)Milhouse Wrote: @bagofcrap24 - What happens if you disable the Avahi service in OpenELEC Settings addon, does build #1124y then reboot reliably?

No it still fails to reboot even with Avahi disabled

OK I've added a comment on PR:4455, let's see what happens. I'll keep connman at 1.23 for the time being.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-11-21, 11:00)motorherz Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 03:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 03:13)motorherz Wrote: is this the correct file?

https://paste.ee/p/YQOub

Yes, thanks. I don't know if it contains anything relevant, there are some audio/video related errors, but @popcornmix will know for sure.

(2015-11-21, 03:13)motorherz Wrote: I started watching in 2d and switched to 3d
by the way, the problem is also when I change to SBS mode

No problems here switching from 2D to SBS and back, although as I said I only have one 3D ISO and no 3D equipment.

What are your video/audio settings (can you screenshot Settings -> Video -> Playback and Settings -> System -> Audio output pages)?

You said here that you only went back as far as build #1021, as you thought framepacking had only been available since build #1023. Framepacking has in fact been available since build #0315 (15 March) so going back further than #1021 might help identify when this problem started.

Edit: 3D ISO support was added in #0916, so that's probably as far back as you can go.

when write, the framepacking is available since 1021, I mean, there is the menu when the movie starts, where I can select 3d/2d. All earlier builds dont show this menu - so I cannot select 3d...
I miss this menu also in the official (6.0) release. thats why I dont have 3d support without this menu

this here:

EDIT:
After several tests, I found out the reason for the missing sound!
The problem is in: setup/video-hardware/resolution
When I set to 1080p, the Pi2 is silent when playing 3d framepacked video with HD-audio
When I reduce the resolution to "desktop", I have sound. This setting will produce only 1080i/60 framepacked video with HD-audio.
I hope, you can find a way to optimize this setting, lets hope, the Pi2 is fast enough to play 1080p framepacked 3d.ISO with converting HD-Audio content to PCM!!!

Hi, me again.
Does anyone have suggestions for the 1080i/60Hz problem? Is there any user with the same problem like me? Or can millhouse or popcornmix tell me the settings how to make it run in 1080p on the Pi2?
thanks in advance.
by the way, good job, guys!
(2015-11-26, 16:14)motorherz Wrote: Hi, me again.
Does anyone have suggestions for the 1080i/60Hz problem? Is there any user with the same problem like me? Or can millhouse or popcornmix tell me the settings how to make it run in 1080p on the Pi2?
thanks in advance.
by the way, good job, guys!

Can you run "tvservice -d edid.dat" and upload it somewhere and send me a link? Seems surprising you have a TV new enough for 3D that uses 1080i as it's preferred format.
Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys and first many thanks for the awesome Developing an Support, you Guys rocks! Cool

I have a problem with the new 1125 Build; I have updated from the 1109 Build witch works fine for me Blush

First my Setup:
- Phillips 3D TV, yes bad software Confused
- Raspberry Pi 2

When I watch a 3D Movie (3D.MVC or 3D.SBS) it changes the TV into the 3D mode reliably and instantly, but when i stop the Movie the TV show me in the new Build first entering the 2D Mode and suddenly it changes again into 3D mode. The Picture now is horrible an you can not navigate in the menue.

I have already debug logfiles, how you would like to get these? EDIT:

B1109: http://pastebin.com/vrYNmRfh
B1125: http://pastebin.com/5N2bguAY

Thanks, Edddsch
(2015-11-26, 16:45)Edddsch Wrote: When I watch a 3D Movie (3D.MVC or 3D.SBS) it changes the TV into the 3D mode reliably and instantly, but when i stop the Movie the TV show me in the new Build first entering the 2D Mode and suddenly it changes again into 3D mode. The Picture now is horrible an you can not navigate in the menue.

When TV looks like this, what happens when you switch hdmi input and back? What happens if you unplug HDMI cable and re-plug?
(2015-11-26, 17:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 16:45)Edddsch Wrote: When I watch a 3D Movie (3D.MVC or 3D.SBS) it changes the TV into the 3D mode reliably and instantly, but when i stop the Movie the TV show me in the new Build first entering the 2D Mode and suddenly it changes again into 3D mode. The Picture now is horrible an you can not navigate in the menue.

When TV looks like this, what happens when you switch hdmi input and back? What happens if you unplug HDMI cable and re-plug?

ahh... you found a trick, in both cases afterwards the picture is in normal 2D mode Smile

EDIT: spelling
Hello, I just picked up a PI2 for the 3D MVC support and it seems to be working pretty good with a few little issues im unclear on, can someone explain the full 3D options, one enables mvc support and the other seemed to turn half SBS content into a full screen 3D, is this correct? also which should i be using omxplayer or MMAL, both seem to work, both have issues skipping or searching during ISO playback, basically it doesnt skip forward well at all. also the codec overlay shows omx-mvc or mmal-mvc always as the codec regardless of the content i play. Im on milhouse build 1124 that i just did a clean 6.0.0 install/upgrade with. is that a good build or is there something thats better to use as a daily driver in the meantime(need a 16.0 build) thanks in advance.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2015-11-26, 17:59)dukester Wrote: Hello, I just picked up a PI2 for the 3D MVC support and it seems to be working pretty good with a few little issues im unclear on, can someone explain the full 3D options, one enables mvc support and the other seemed to turn half SBS content into a full screen 3D, is this correct? also which should i be using omxplayer or MMAL, both seem to work, both have issues skipping or searching during ISO playback, basically it doesnt skip forward well at all. also the codec overlay shows omx-mvc or mmal-mvc always as the codec regardless of the content i play. Im on milhouse build 1124 that i just did a clean 6.0.0 install/upgrade with. is that a good build or is there something thats better to use as a daily driver in the meantime(need a 16.0 build) thanks in advance.

hi dukester

You mean these settings?

Support MVC video [x] - In my opinion this setting enables decoding MVC tracks, MVC->2D or MVC->3D (sbs or tab or framepacked)

FullHDMI modes for 3D [x] - In my opinion this enables Kodi to output video in frame-packet format (better quality i think because of the resolution)

the settings for MVC and FullHD-HDMI-modes are under settings-video-acceleration; furthermore my TV needes to enable settings-video-playback "sync video and display" to work Smile

Hope that helps
(2015-11-26, 17:42)Edddsch Wrote: ahh... you found a trick, in both cases afterwards the picture is in normal 2D mode Smile

I'm not sure the Pi is doing anything wrong. I suspect this is a problem with the TV. Might be worth checking if a TV firmware update is possible.

Here is a comment from our HDMI expert:
Code:
The "old" HDMI spec does not specify a way of exiting 3D mode (shame on HDMI LLC). Hence some TVs will get stuck when the source is no longer sending a 3D signal. HDMI 2.x spec mandates TVs must switch back to 2D mode when the 3D side band signal is absent (basically we just stop sending VS infoframe when exiting 3D mode). I don't think there is anything the source can do other than unplug/plug back the cable or output a different format to force the TV to resync again. I'm surprised TVs will not react to the difference between full frame packing and 2D signal as the timings are different. I will expect TV not reacting to switching between side by side/top-bottom and 2D mode only. [Of course there will always be TVs which can only enter 3D mode and remember the last seen 3D mode until "no signal" and a new 3D mode is observed, which is probably the user's problem].

Now there may be some sequence of operations that could be done that would persuade your TV to switch back to 2D mode.
If I had access to a display that misbehaved I could experiment more easily. Perhaps removing hdmi output for a second, or switching to VGA mode and back might trick the TV into switching back to 2D mode.
I'll try and add a few options to the test builds to see if any work out.

But the reality is, we are outputting a valid 2D hdmi signal and the TV really should switch back to 2D mode.
(2015-11-26, 18:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 17:42)Edddsch Wrote: ahh... you found a trick, in both cases afterwards the picture is in normal 2D mode Smile

I'm not sure the Pi is doing anything wrong. I suspect this is a problem with the TV. Might be worth checking if a TV firmware update is possible.

Here is a comment from our HDMI expert:
Code:
The "old" HDMI spec does not specify a way of exiting 3D mode (shame on HDMI LLC). Hence some TVs will get stuck when the source is no longer sending a 3D signal. HDMI 2.x spec mandates TVs must switch back to 2D mode when the 3D side band signal is absent (basically we just stop sending VS infoframe when exiting 3D mode). I don't think there is anything the source can do other than unplug/plug back the cable or output a different format to force the TV to resync again. I'm surprised TVs will not react to the difference between full frame packing and 2D signal as the timings are different. I will expect TV not reacting to switching between side by side/top-bottom and 2D mode only. [Of course there will always be TVs which can only enter 3D mode and remember the last seen 3D mode until "no signal" and a new 3D mode is observed, which is probably the user's problem].

Now there may be some sequence of operations that could be done that would persuade your TV to switch back to 2D mode.
If I had access to a display that misbehaved I could experiment more easily. Perhaps removing hdmi output for a second, or switching to VGA mode and back might trick the TV into switching back to 2D mode.
I'll try and add a few options to the test builds to see if any work out.

But the reality is, we are outputting a valid 2D hdmi signal and the TV really should switch back to 2D mode.

I understand and it sounds absolutely right an logical what you say, but why it works with the 1109 build?

I tried some other things:
- navigate in the horrible-mode to a 2D movie an start it brings the TV also back to 2D mode even when stopping it.
--> Maybe there is an option to send the signal "movie comming with 23,xxxfps at 1080p" twice or delayed Huh

btw: firmware is up-to-date, Philips TVs have bad and slow software and there wasn't an update ever i think...
(2015-11-26, 18:33)Edddsch Wrote: I understand and it sounds absolutely right an logical what you say, but why it works with the 1109 build?

If it works in #1109, but doesn't work in #1124, then please identify the first build after #1109 where it stops working.
(2015-11-26, 18:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 18:33)Edddsch Wrote: I understand and it sounds absolutely right an logical what you say, but why it works with the 1109 build?

If it works in #1109, but doesn't work in #1124, then please identify the first build after #1109 where it stops working.

it is #1110
(2015-11-26, 18:57)Edddsch Wrote: it is #1110

Only one commit in there that seems relevant but I can't see how it's causing your issue.

Could you capture a debug log with #1109 and with #1110 playing the same file and then stopping.
I'd like to see exactly which hdmi modes are being used in each case.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10