Req alternative to prevent abuse of <requires> in addon.xml
(2015-11-21, 12:18)Hitcher Wrote: For Copacetic I've adopted this method for all addons (apart from xbmc.gui of course) so you'll only ever be asked if you want to install them, not forced, when you try enabling a feature in the settings.

Not wanting to cause any heated discussions here but I feel this is almost like the chicken and egg problem (which came first?). Studies have shown most users will rarely change things, the majority who install Kodi probably stick with Confluence as they do not know much more about it. Now if the majority of addons (that surely were only included by the skinner because they feel it adds value to their skin) are hidden away in the skin settings imho this actually makes the user experience worse.

The root problem (again imho) is the change that occurred in Kodi to prevent users from uninstalling/deleting addons when they choose to do so (again I would expect only advanced users of Kodi to even attempt this)

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: alternative to prevent abuse of <requires> in addon.xml - by im85288 - 2015-11-21, 16:15
Skin "REQUIRING" Addons. - by TwistedFaith - 2015-11-07, 10:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
alternative to prevent abuse of <requires> in addon.xml0