Removing Movies / TV Shows from Kodi
Hello, I've got a couple questions that I can hopefully get answered here. After some basic searching I've seen multiple recommendations, so I figured that I'd post here for the correct info. The PC is running W7 64 bit with 4GB of memory and I'm running the Kodi 14.2 version.

1. I have some movies / TV shows that I either want to remove after watching them or I've watched some of it and decided that I don't want it in my library anymore. If I delete it from my WHS 2011 server what is the best way to remove them from Kodi??

2. I also found 2 of my series (Orange is the New Black & The Greatest American Hero) have their episodes mixed together in Kodi. What would be the best way to correct this??

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
1\ If you have deleted the files from the source you now need to "Clean Video Library". Go into Settings \ Video \ Library and locate "Clean Library...".

1b\ It is also worth noting that if you have jsut watched the show and know you are about to delete it, then RIGHT CLICk the show in the library (or hit C for context menu) and delete the show that way.

2\ To correct confused episodes go and manually read TheTVDB.com and work out what the error is. Sometimes shows are broadcast in different orders. Or a pirate torrent gets named different to theTVDB.com for some reason. You may have to tweak the file name to better fit theTVDB.com's listing.
(2015-07-04, 17:54)BatterPudding Wrote: 1\ If you have deleted the files from the source you now need to "Clean Video Library". Go into Settings \ Video \ Library and locate "Clean Library...".

I often use the CleanLib option on both my Kodi boxes. I have noticed btw, that one bix just cleans and thats it, whereas the other asks me (towards the end of d cleaning) if i want to Remove or Keep the movies gor which d sources files werent found.

Both boxes run on Gotham. Where can i find the switch that controls this? I just want d box to delete all entries for which there is no source file

Thx
Miguix
Kodi will ask for removal if we're unsure how to handle because the underlying source was removed. You won't be prompted if the files were removed and the actual media source still exists.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-07-05, 06:57)mkortstiege Wrote: Kodi will ask for removal if we're unsure how to handle because the underlying source was removed. You won't be prompted if the files were removed and the actual media source still exists.

Wots d diff between "files" and "media source"?
I get this message when i remove the folder on my nas that cntains that movie
I was talking about clean library. Whenever you try to play a non-existing file from the library view you will get prompted to keep or delete.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Me too: to Clean Library command from Settings menu
Can i tune it in such a way that it just removes library entries when the vid sources is no longer there, but without asking Remove/Keep?
Yes and no. You can trigger it remotely or use the backgroundupdate advancedsetting ..
Quote:<backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
Downside, this will also hide the actual scan dialog. Please see http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#videolibrary for more information.

Starting the library cleanup from UI will always show the dialog and prompt for removal.
I would just enable file deletion in Kodi ( Settings/Appearance/File lists (wiki) -> "Allow file renaming and deletion" ) and then remove things from within Kodi. When that setting is enabled and you remove a show/episode/movie from the library it will ask if you also want to delete the file, so you can do the two actions at once.
(2015-07-05, 16:29)mkortstiege Wrote: Yes and no. You can trigger it remotely or use the backgroundupdate advancedsetting ..
Quote:<backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
Downside, this will also hide the actual scan dialog. Please see http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#videolibrary for more information.

Starting the library cleanup from UI will always show the dialog and prompt for removal.

This means i can automatically update and clean my lib in the background? Can i schedule this, like every day 3AM or something like that? Is there some sort of cron scheduler?
You have to do this from within your underlying OS. Kodi does not have a native scheduler (there might be add-ons ofc).
How can i schedule in Android that at some point Kodi needs to do sth (like export lib) -->> can i actually tell android to invoke a specific kodi service?
You can trigger that via JSON API but i have no idea how to do it on android, sorry. I bet you will find some information about this on the web.
(2015-07-04, 17:54)BatterPudding Wrote: 1b\ It is also worth noting that if you have jsut watched the show and know you are about to delete it, then RIGHT CLICk the show in the library (or hit C for context menu) and delete the show that way.

(2015-07-05, 20:29)Ned Scott Wrote: I would just enable file deletion in Kodi ( Settings/Appearance/File lists (wiki) -> "Allow file renaming and deletion" ) and then remove things from within Kodi. When that setting is enabled and you remove a show/episode/movie from the library it will ask if you also want to delete the file, so you can do the two actions at once.

So both of these processes will remove the item from Kodi and also delete the file from my server??
(2015-07-06, 16:52)dar124 Wrote:
(2015-07-04, 17:54)BatterPudding Wrote: 1b\ It is also worth noting that if you have jsut watched the show and know you are about to delete it, then RIGHT CLICk the show in the library (or hit C for context menu) and delete the show that way.

(2015-07-05, 20:29)Ned Scott Wrote: I would just enable file deletion in Kodi ( Settings/Appearance/File lists (wiki) -> "Allow file renaming and deletion" ) and then remove things from within Kodi. When that setting is enabled and you remove a show/episode/movie from the library it will ask if you also want to delete the file, so you can do the two actions at once.

So both of these processes will remove the item from Kodi and also delete the file from my server??
You may also need to change the rights on the shared folder and files on the server to allow deleting from KODI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing Movies / TV Shows from Kodi0